Here are 15 of the most awesome beach picnics you have to try at least once in your life. Have a breakfast on a remote sandbar surrounded by the ocean, a romantic lunch on a sandy shore with views of a calm blue lagoon, or a dinner under the stars on the water's edge.
All of these destinations are private and secluded, giving you a chance to enjoy the perfect stretch of a white sandy beach. Next Read: 15 Breathtaking Overwater Pools.
1. Gourmet Lunch on Orpheus Island
2. Champagne Breakfast on Yasawa Island
3. Island Hideaway at Dhonakuli Maldives
4. Nooki Nooki at Vatulele
5. Sandbank Dining at Angsana Velavaru
6. Hayman Island Resort
7. Flame-lit Beach at Anantara Hua Hin in Thailand
8. Hammock on the Sandbar at Constance Moofushi Maldives
9. Gourmet Experience on Fregate Island
10. Elegant Lunch at Qualia Resort on the Great Barrier Reef
11. St. Regis Bora Bora
The Beach Destinations: 15 Most Awesome Beach Picnics near me today according to local experts are:
- 1. Gourmet Lunch on Orpheus Island
- 2. Champagne Breakfast on Yasawa Island
- 3. Island Hideaway at Dhonakuli Maldives
- 4. Nooki Nooki at Vatulele
- 5. Sandbank Dining at Angsana Velavaru
- 6. Hayman Island Resort
- 7. Flame-lit Beach at Anantara Hua Hin in Thailand
- 8. Hammock on the Sandbar at Constance Moofushi Maldives
- 9. Gourmet Experience on Fregate Island
- 10. Elegant Lunch at Qualia Resort on the Great Barrier Reef
- 11. St. Regis Bora Bora
Hotel Spotlight: Ibis Bay Beach Resort
Ibis Bay Resort is an original 1956 seaside resort in the heart of Key West. Preserving all the best details from the resort when it was first built and adding modern day amenities and facilities, Ibis Bay Resort promises an unforgettable beach vacation. Infusing the history and heritage of the original resort with the island’s Cuban influence and famous artistic flair, the resort offers comfortable accommodations with hip, colorful décor, award-winning cuisine the four-star Stoned Crab Restaurant, and an array of activities for all tastes from jet skiing to cycling.
Ibis Bay Resort offers comfortable guest island-themed rooms with bright, bold décor and furnishings, creative artworks on the walls, colorful accents throughout the rooms and large doors and windows with beautiful views. Guest rooms are available in a variety of sizes and layouts, however, all rooms feature modern amenities, including flat-screen HDTV televisions, mini-fridges, telephones, irons and ironing boards, tropical sarongs, and double outdoor hammocks (depending on availability).
Value Rooms are 175 square foot in size and feature queen-size beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products and modern amenities.
Hammock Garden Rooms are 215 square feet in size and have queen-size beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products and modern amenities. Lovely garden areas have double hammocks for relaxing.
Patio Rooms are 250 square feet in size and are equipped with either one queen-size bed or two double beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products and modern amenities, and outdoor patios with tables and chairs for morning coffee.
Beachfront Rooms are 250 square feet in size and are equipped with either a queen-size bed or two double beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products. Sliding doors open onto private beach decks with double hammocks and beautiful views over Ibis Bay.
Standard Suites are 350 square feet in size and feature queen or king-size beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products. Sitting areas have pullout sleeper sofas for extra guests and modern amenities.
Ibis Bay Junior Suites are 45- square feet in size and have two queen-size beds with deluxe linens, en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products. Sitting areas have pullout sleeper sofas for extra guests and modern amenities, and sliding doors open onto private beach decks with double hammocks and beautiful views over Ibis Bay.
Ibis Bay King Suites are spacious and luxurious at 1,100 square feet in size. These luxurious retreats offer two bedrooms with queen-size beds with deluxe linens, two en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products, a fully equipped kitchen, dining room and sunken lounge with a bar for entertaining. Ibis Bay King Suites have outdoor wraparound decks with breathtaking views over Ibis Bay.
Family Vacation Room is 400 square feet in size and offers three queen-size beds with deluxe linens, two en-suite bathrooms with showers, vanities, fresh towels and quality bath products. These rooms are located on the secluded beach known as Hammock Beach with plenty of hammocks in which to relax.
Ibis Bay Resort is home to the award-winning Stoned Crab Restaurant, which serves fresh seafood and delectable local specialties such as stone crab. Set right next to the resort, the restaurant serves only the freshest catch of the day, including Key West shrimp, lobster, stone crab and a variety of local fish, as well as other dishes, salads, and sides. The restaurant has a full service bar and experienced friendly staff and boasts a beautiful seaside locale with stunning views.
Ibis Bay Resort offers an array of amenities to enhance every stay, including a private white sandy beach with sun loungers in front of the resort for the exclusive use of guests, floating swimming platforms in the bay, beach hammocks, a swimming pool with a pool bar, and a private boat ramp. The resort has a Fun Desk with a range of activities and excursions to enjoy, including a variety of fishing charters, history tours, daytime and sunset cruises, and water sports. Guests can also rent equipment such as kayaks, stand up paddleboards, jet skis, scooters and electric cars.
Ibis Bay Resort provides a variety of amenities and packages for special occasions such as celebrating a honeymoon or anniversary. Additional extras that can be arranged include champagne, flowers, chocolates, pre-stocked mini-fridges, and pre-booked activities from the Fun Desk.
Back to: Best Things to Do in Key West
N. Roosevelt Boulevard, Key West, FL, 33040, Phone: 296-1043-3101
Weekend Getaways from NYC: The Palms Hotel, Fire Island
Fire Island is one of the best resort destinations in all of New York. A long, thin, narrow barrier island just off the southern shore of Long Island, Fire Island is easily accessible for anyone in New York City or the surrounding area, and it's always been a popular place with the locals for summer and spring retreats. It's home to some pretty lighthouses, gorgeous beaches, super family friendly spots like Robert Moses State Park, and cozy little hamlets like Fire Island Pines and Cherry Grove.
If you're planning a trip to Fire Island, there are plenty of things to think about. You’ll need to consider your dates of travel, how you’re going to get to Fire Island, and what you’re going to do each day to really make the most of your experience. You’ll also need to consider your accommodation. Fire Island is home to a great range of hotels, guesthouses, and private vacation rentals, and if you’re looking for one of the best hotels on Fire Island, look no further than The Palms Hotel.
The Palms Hotel - Luxury Fire Island Hotel
Situated in the heart of Ocean Beach, The Palms Hotel is easily one of the best places to stay on Fire Island. It offers direct beach access, a vast and varied range of accommodations to suit every need and budget, and plenty of great features and amenities to enhance your stay as well. Read on to learn all you need to know about this boutique Fire Island hotel:
- Accommodation - One of the most extraordinary things about this Fire Island hotel is just how many different accommodation options it has to offer. Guests at The Palms Hotel can choose from luxury private homes, individual hotel rooms, and more. Whether you’re traveling with a large group and need your own private home with lots of space and multiple rooms or you’re just visiting Fire Island with your partner and are perfectly happy with a smaller room or mini suite, you can find something to suit your needs here. The Palms Hotel aims to offer a wide selection of accommodations in order to suit all budgets and desires.
- Amenities - Guests at The Palms Hotel will find a great range of in-room and on-site amenities and services to enjoy. The hotel features a beautiful private courtyard space for the use and comfort of all guests. This courtyard has barbecues you can light up in the summer months, outdoor hot and cold showers to rinse yourself off after a dip in the ocean, beach chairs and other equipment to take down to the sand, bicycles you can borrow to ride around the island, and much more. The Palms Hotel also has its own private bay beach, letting guests enjoy total peace and quiet, far from the crowds and noises of some of the busier stretches of sand on Fire Island.
- Events and Weddings - Fire Island is definitely one of the best places to host a special event and it's one of the best NY wedding venue settings too, with The Palms Hotel able to provide all the planning and catering you need to make your event a memorable and enjoyable one for every guest. Everything from corporate retreats to family reunions and big-scale weddings can be celebrated at this Fire Island boutique hotel, and the Palms team will be thrilled to learn all about your upcoming event and work together with you to bring it to life.
- Food and Drink - When you wake up each morning at The Palms Hotel on Fire Island, you'll be able to head down to the on-site Fire Island Coffee cafe, which is situated in the main lobby of the hotel on Cottage Walk. Fire Island Coffee serves up a range of coffees and specialty drinks, with the iced vanilla lattes being especially popular, as well as a range of baked goods and other breakfast treats. It’s the perfect way to start your day.
With so many great amenities and multiple accommodation options, plus the unique advantages of 300-thread Egyptian cotton sheets, large flat-screen TVs, and reliable Wi-Fi access in every room, The Palms Hotel gives you absolutely everything you need to have a wonderful time at this NY barrier island. Visit the official The Palms Hotel site or call 631 583 8870 to book your stay on Fire Island today.