»Gili Lankanfushi in the Maldives
»Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto, Mexico
»Badrutt's Palace, Switzerland
»El Silencio Lodge & Spa, Costa Rica
»Huvafen Fushi, Maldives
»The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
»Barcelo La Bobadilla, Spain
»Villa d'Este, Italy
»Hotel & Spa Iadera, Croatia
»Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, Thailand
»Alpina Gstaad Hotel, Switzerland
»El Palace - Barcelona
35 Fascinating Spa Resorts Around the World
- Gili Lankanfushi in the Maldives, Photo: Gili Lankanfushi
- Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto, Mexico, Photo: Villa del Palmar at the Islands of Loreto
- Vichayito, Peru, Photo: Vichayito
- Badrutt's Palace, Switzerland, Photo: Badrutt's Palace
- Viceroy Anguilla, Photo: Viceroy Anguilla
- El Silencio Lodge & Spa, Costa Rica, Photo: El Silencio Lodge
- Huvafen Fushi, Maldives, Photo: Huvafen Fushi
- The Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui, Photo: Fairmont Hotels
- Barcelo La Bobadilla, Spain, Photo: Barcelo La Bobadilla
- Villa d'Este, Italy, Photo: Villa d'Este
- Hotel & Spa Iadera, Croatia, Photo: Hotel & Spa Iadera
- Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai, Thailand, Photo: Dhara Dhevi Chiang Mai
- Alpina Gstaad Hotel, Switzerland, Photo: Alpina Gstaad Hotel
- El Palace - Barcelona, Photo: El Palace - Barcelona
- Cover Photo: Gili Lankanfushi
More Unique Spa Hotels & Resorts
- New York City: The wellness center at the Mandarin Oriental, New York is one of the trendiest in New York and also one of the most expensive. For a 1 hour 20 minute Shiatsu Massage expect to pay $305. Located on the 35th floor of the new Time Warner Center near Central Park, the property offers a calm setting and a menu of relaxing therapies. The facility measures 14,500 square feet in size and includes a fitness center and a 75-foot indoor lap pool. Facilities include seven rooms with personal showers, vitality pools, amethyst crystal steam rooms, Experience showers, his and hers Relaxation Lounges and an oriental-style Tea Lounge. Couples can rent a private VIP Suite with a separate changing room, steam sauna and a fireplace. The Peninsula New York offers an extensive menu of body, skin, and hair-care treatments. If you visit around lunchtime, enjoy a healthy meal by the pool after your spa appointment. Treatments include Swedish, shiatsu, and reflexology massages, body wraps, foot wraps and facials. Affinia Wellness Spa at The Benjamin Hotel in New York City and an urban retreat featuring holistic spa treatments, including Aromatherapy, Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Prenatal Massage and Foot Reflexology. The interior follows the Practice of Feng Shui and provides the most relaxing setting. Treatments at Affinia begin with a soothing aromatherapy footbath of lavender which you can enjoy as soon as you put on a plush cotton robe and slippers.
- North Carolina: Pinehurst features six private suites perfect for side by side massage for couples. After a relaxing massage, you can play a round of golf on one of the resort's eight golf courses.
- Half Moon Bay, California: The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay, located 30 minutes from San Francisco, offers a Couple's Package which includes an Essential Oils Bath or a Fresh Lavender Wrap, followed by a simultaneous Couples Massage in the couple's treatment room. Combine pampering with an array of other activities, such as swimming, sailing, snorkeling and sunbathing. There are many fabulous getaways to choose from, whether you are looking for a quick weekend trip or a longer getaway. Always ask about packages and spa specials, especially in the off season.
- Florida: Doral in Florida offers over 100 different services and treatments. Try one of the relaxing packages or take part in daily exercise classes such as Yoga, Pilates or Aqua aerobics. The Ritz-Carlton Naples in Florida is set on three miles of white sandy shore. There is a 51,000 square foot wellness complex which offers a number of relaxing services and signature treatments. The Shores is a AAA Four Diamond hotel with a diverse menu of therapies.
- Senses Spa at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort: A Victorian-themed spa recently opened at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort to offer travelers a diverse menu of treatments in a unique setting. Guests can choose from many different massage therapies, body therapies, skin care, bath & soak treatments at this luxury retreat. When you enter, you notice a giant mural of old Florida which hangs behind the reception desk. There is calming lighting and music throughout the facility. Relax in a steam room or whirlpool before or after your treatment. Access to the facilities is free if you are receiving a treatment. Several signature packages are offered, such as the Grand Floridian Signature Treatment ($200 for 80 minutes) or the Couples Escape ($180 for 75 minutes), perfect for couples who like to relax together. If you are planning a wedding at Disney, sign up for the Bridal Package to relax before the big day. Senses is situated in its own building so be sure to allow enough time to get there for your appointment.
- Napa and Sonoma: In Napa Valley, you will be able to stroll through the vineyard at Calistoga Ranch, soak in natural mineral pool and get relaxing massages at the Farmhouse Inn.
- Santa Monica: The Fairmont Miramar has a great spa and salon where treatments range from deep tissue to Swedish massage.
- Big Sur: Post Ranch Inn is an amazing getaway where you can re-connect with nature while enjoying five star service.
- Utah: Red Mountain Resort in Utah offers signature treatments, Tai Chi, healthy meals and many fitness classes.
- Canada: Fairmont Algonquinin New Brunswick offers ocean-inspired treatments that incorporate sea salt, seaweed and other natural ingredients. Visit during the warmer season if you want to soak in the outdoor pools.
- Florida Keys: Cheeca Lodge is the place for outdoor massages, fitness classes, nutrition consultations and incredible ocean views.
- Georgia: You will need several trips to the spa at Chateau Elan to sample its diverse menu of treatments. Afterwards, tour the winery and have a romantic dinner at the restaurant.
- Anguilla: At the Cuisinart Resort, guests receive massages and other treatments featuring organic ingredients from the resort's own gardens. Get in shape with yoga, Pilates and other fitness classes.
- Bahamas: Atlantis in the Bahamas features a full service spa with a range of exotic treatments, 24 treatment rooms, two tropical rain showers, a sauna, two steam rooms and a thallasotherapy pool.
- St Lucia: Cap Maison in St. Lucia has a restaurant with panoramic ocean views and elegant accommodations.
- Los Cabos: Marquis Los Cabos is located in the Cabo Real section of Los Cabos, Mexico. Lounge by the pool, enjoy room service breakfast on the private terrace of your suite and long relaxing body treatments at the wellness center. If you are feeling adventurous, there are many activities to choose from, ranging from golf to biking tours. All of the suites at the resort offer ocean views. If you are looking for something special, ask for one of the Marquis suites which come with a private pool, a living room, bedroom and bathroom. You can request a treatment right in the privacy of your own suite, a great idea for honeymooners. If you are looking for a special, check online for packages.