Madison Eats is a food tour company founded by Othelia Cassidy in 2012. The company focuses on supporting local producers, farmers, artisans, chefs, and food lovers through engaging food tours and events offered in a fun atmosphere. Participants get to connect with Madison>’s rich culinary heritage through Madison Eats' guided food tours, cooking classes, and local foodie events. The company also leads culinary tours to Mexico. Most of the tours last for about 3 hours and stop at 5-6 restaurants that offer exemplary food and drink samples. Participants also get to learn everything about the food they have tasted and the people behind it.
Madison Eats Food Tours operates daily on weekdays from 11:00am to 2:00pm during the warmer months. The company offers private tours only at weekends.
· Atwood Brew and Chew - Participants get to taste artisan chocolate, Thai and pub fare, craft beer, and cocktails, while they tour Madison’s first Catholic church. Includes a brewery tour during the weekends.
· Willy Street Ethnic Eats Dinner - Features local artisan food and drink, craft cocktail, farm-to-table ethnic fare from Indonesia, Ethiopia, Thai/Laos, and other cuisines. Tours through Madison’s first city park, indulging in the architectural diversity of the vicinity.
· Downtown “Taste Of Wisconsin” Lunch Tour - Offers ethnic food, local pasties, cheese tasting, Wisconsin ice cream, and a tour of the Capitol building.
· Food Cart Friday Tour - Offers diverse tastings from three food carts along with dessert samples and a tour of the Capitol building.
· Culinary Vacation to Mexico - A 9-day and 8-night excursion that offers artisan food producer demos, cultural excursions, and hands-on cooking classes to indulge in the culture of the Yucatan peninsula.
· Biking Brunch Tours - Offers brunch tastings at four restaurants while cycling on the extensive bike path system of the city.
Private and Group Events
Madison Eats offers customized culinary tours and events for groups of every size. Participants get to choose from one of the regular tours offered by the company or can have the company to design a tour suitable for the group. Private tour types include walking food tours, bus tours (bus not provided by the company), local happy hour food tasting, and event planning services like meeting producers, brewery tours, and more to entertain and feed the group with the best food. Private event bookings can be made any time of the year, and must be made by calling the company or by sending an email to Othelia at email@example.com
Madison Eats gift certificates make ideal gifts as they offer an incredible food experience. The certificates are available in any amount and can be purchased online. The recipient gets to choose from B-Cycle tours and walking food tours that run regularly from April through October. The gift certificate is redeemable for private walking tours, which can be booked any time of year. Also available are Madison's distinctive food events like the artisan food pairings and holiday’s food specials.
Back to: Things to Do in Madison, WI
Madison Eats Food Tours, 2521 Hoard St, Madison, Wisconsin 53704, website, Phone: 608-628-8927