Camping has always been a popular way for people to get away from it all and spend some quality time out in a natural environment with their friends, family, and loved ones. It's a fun way to enjoy and appreciate the beauty of nature, but camping can also come with its own little problems that make every trip slightly more trouble than it really needs to be.
Issues like setting up your tent, having to deal with wet ground or rainy conditions, trying to get to sleep in an uncomfortable sleeping bag, and not having access to the sorts of utilities and services you'd normally be able to enjoy are just a few of the problems many people tend to face while camping. This is why so many people have turned away from traditional camping in recent years and chosen 'glamping' instead.
A portmanteau word combining 'glamorous' and 'camping', glamping basically offers all the natural fun of camping, but with the luxuries, comforts, and conveniences of more pleasant and cozy accommodation like cabins, yurts, treehouses, and large tents. Glamping has a wonderful array of advantages to offer and can be enjoyed all over the world. If you're looking for luxury glamping in the UK, especially in the Dorset area, Mallinson is the name you need to know.
All About Mallinson
Set up by Guy Mallinson, an experienced craftsman and furniture designer, the Guy Mallinson Woodland Workshop is a wonderful glamping opportunity in the middle of Dorset woods. Surrounded by nothing but green nature and singing birds, you can truly enjoy an amazing getaway and free your mind of all worries and stresses in this amazing location, complete with several different glamping accommodation options.
- Tipi Glamping in Dorset - If you're looking to stay in a Tipi, meet Hoppus. A 24-foot tipi set snugly in its own private clearing, right by the local fishing pond and even possessing its own boardwalk, Hoppus the tipi is available from as low as £112 per night and features a shower, toilet, and deck.
- Shepherd’s Hut Glamping in Dorset - For something a little different for your glamping experience in the woodlands of Dorset, why not consider a stay in Bodger, the shepherd's hut at Mallinson? Measuring up at 12.8 feet in length and around 6.5 feet across, Bodger is a cozy little hut with its own kig-size bed, toilet, shower, log burner, and beautiful rustic furnishings. This hut is available from just £112 per night.
- Yurt Glamping in Dorset - Yurts are one of the most popular glamping options all around the world. Essentially a midway point between a tent and a cabin, these large, round spaces are really comfortable to live in and you'll find two different yurts at Mallinson: Corable and Poppet. Both measure up at 18 feet and feature king-sized beds, private showers, stunning views over the local scenery, and beautifully furnished interiors with log burners, a sofa, chairs, heated towel rail, and more.
- Tent Glamping in Dorset - If you're looking to stay in a luxury tent in Dorset, Twybil the bell tent is the option for you. this 5M bell tent has its own king-sized bed, making it much more luxurious than a traditional tent. Surrounded by woodland wildlife and beautiful walking trails to explore, this tent is available from as low as just £80 per night.
- Treehouse Glamping in Dorset - The most luxurious and exciting option for glamping in Dorset at Mallinson is the 'Woodsman's Treehouse'. Truly awe-inspiring both inside and out, this amazing treehouse is set up above the ground among the branches of a mighty old oak. Fitted with its own hot tub, sauna roof deck, pizza oven, tree-shower, slide, and so much more, this treehouse is the ultimate luxury option.
- Glamping Amenities - Each of the glamping locations here is fitted out with its own features and amenities, but there are also some shared amenities on-site that all guests can enjoy including showers, toilets, a field kitchen, a yurt sauna, a pizza oven, a freezer, a communal lounge yurt with sofas and games to play, and some free cereals, toiletries, teas, and coffees too.
The Guy Mallinson Woodland Workshop has been featured in many leading national newspapers and media publications and is definitely one of the best glamping sites in the UK. With so many great accommodation options to choose from, you’re guaranteed to have a great time and have plenty of reasons to come back time and time again in the future. website