The Guenther House restaurant in San Antonio was once the personal home of Carl Hilmar Guenther, the owner of C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. Guenther is known for his creation of cooking products that are sold throughout Texas and the United States. His personal home was turned into a restaurant, museum, store, and banquet. Now, the general public can enjoy a number of American-style dishes, many of them made with C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. products.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
The Guenther House is open Sunday to Saturday 7:00am to 3:00pm.
The menu at The Guenther House offers breakfast and lunch options with breakfast served from open to close. The menu options are classic American-style breakfasts as well as an assortment of lunch options and freshly baked pastries.
· Breakfast Menu -Includes a number of breakfast platters, such as the signature Guenther’s Favorite Breakfast Platter, buttermilk biscuits and country sausage gravy, breakfast tacos, the Pioneer Pancakes Platter, or the Pancake of the Day. A number of breakfast sides are available, such as country sausage patties, applewood-smoked bacon, sourdough toast, or seasoned breakfast potatoes.
· Lunch Menu -The Guenther House lunch menu includes a soup of the day, an assortment of sandwiches that are served with either potato chips or fruit, soup and sandwich combos, salads, and other entrees such as enchiladas and chicken salad plates.
· Desserts -The Guenther House offers a number of delicious desserts that are available every day of the week. Choose from such selections as lemon bars, chocolate cake, cinnamon rolls, strudels, brownies, carrot cake, and sticky buns.
· Drinks -The restaurant serves an assortment of beverages from The Guenther House signature Founder’s Choice coffee to tea, hot chocolate, soft drinks, and juice.
· Ask about daily specials for breakfast and lunch as well as on weekends.
· Special orders are available for cookies and pastries by calling (210) 351-6349. A 24-hour turnaround is needed for all pastry orders.
The Guenther House also has a gift shop where patrons can purchase a number of cooking products from the C.H. Guenther & Son, Inc. product line. Available products include the popular Founder’s Choice coffee as well as pancake, waffle, biscuit, and gravy mixes. Other items such as cookware, drinkware, and kitchen tools are available.
Located near the San Antonio River, The Guenther House is a perfect spot for either an indoor or outdoor event. Offering both daytime and evening event planning, patrons can enjoy the beauty of the former ballroom known as the Roof Garden. The Roof Garden is a sight to behold with porcelain tile floors, a brick fireplace, and even a foundation. For outdoor events, the Arbor, situated on beautiful grounds, is available from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. Either one of the spaces are available for private parties and events. Interested parties can submit an online form detailing their request for event/catering services.
The Guenther House restaurant is also connected to the museum, which features an assortment of old memorabilia such as antique plates, old baking accessories, and even old furniture.
The Guenther House, 205 East Guenther Street, San Antonio, TX 78204, Phone: 210-227-1061