With a population of just over 46,000, Altoona, PA is nestled deep in the Alleghany Mountains. It is located about halfway between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Because it was built around the railroad, Altoona suffered a small industrial decline. However, the city is building, renovating, and shining with culture as it brings Altoona back to the Pennsylvania economy. Visitors to the area can take in historical sites, a rich heritage of cuisine, and entertaining shows.
1.Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark
2.Railroaders Memorial Museum
3.Peoples Natural Gas Field
5.Altoona Community Theatre
6.Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art
7.Blair Country Historical Society, Inc.
8.Quaint Corner Children’s Museum and Discovery Center
9.Finelli’s Italian Villa
10.Mama Randazzo’s Pizzeria and Restaurant
11 Best Things to Do in Altoona, PA
- Horseshoe Curve National Historic Landmark, Photo: Michael/stock.adobe.com
- Railroaders Memorial Museum, Photo: Railroaders Memorial Museum
- Peoples Natural Gas Field, Photo: Danny Hooks/stock.adobe.com
- Lakemont Park, Photo: arinahabich/stock.adobe.com
- Altoona Community Theatre, Photo: bellakadife/stock.adobe.com
- Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art, Photo: Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art
- Blair Country Historical Society, Inc., Photo: Blair Country Historical Society, Inc.
- Quaint Corner Children’s Museum and Discovery Center, Photo: Quaint Corner Children’s Museum and Discovery Center
- Finelli’s Italian Villa, Photo: Finelli’s Italian Villa
- Mama Randazzo’s Pizzeria and Restaurant, Photo: Mama Randazzo’s Pizzeria and Restaurant
- Eat’n Park, Photo: ilolab/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Michael/stock.adobe.com