More than 578 miles of coastline extend around New York City's boroughs, which are bordered by the Atlantic Ocean along Brooklyn's southern coastline and by the waters of the East and Hudson Rivers around Manhattan. Over 14 miles of public beaches are offered throughout the city, including internationally-renowned sites such as Coney Island. Certain attractions may be temporarily closed or require advance reservations. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk
2.Jacob Riis Park
3.Fort Tilden State Park
7.Manhattan Beach Park
7 Best Beaches Near New York City
- Rockaway Beach and Boardwalk, Photo: pngstudio/stock.adobe.com
- Jacob Riis Park, Photo: demerzel21/stock.adobe.com
- Fort Tilden State Park, Photo: Oleandra9/stock.adobe.com
- Brighton Beach, Photo: viii/stock.adobe.com
- Coney Island, Photo: Felix Mizioznikov/stock.adobe.com
- Orchard Beach, Photo: tonyaro/stock.adobe.com
- Manhattan Beach Park, Photo: Victoria Lipov/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: stock.adobe.com
More Ideas in NYC: Circle Line Cruises
With over 70 years of experience, Circle Line Cruises is one of the top sightseeing excursions in New York City. Anyone who wants an exemplary sightseeing experience can trust on Circle Line Cruises to go above and beyond. With a fleet of sturdy steel boats that are made for sightseeing in any type of weather, Circle Line Cruises is prepared to offer all of its tour participants the best sightseeing experience in New York City. As one of the only companies in the New York Harbor currently dedicated to sightseeing, much effort is taken to ensure that all guests, both local and from afar, enjoy their New York cruise line sightseeing experience.
Circle Line Cruises offers an assortment of sightseeing cruises for the public to pick from. From famous New York landmarks to happy hour on New York Harbor, there are varieties of sightseeing cruises to interest everyone. Some of the sightseeing cruises offered by Circle Line Cruises include:
· Holiday and NYE Cruise
· Bear Mountain
· Best of NYC
· Landmarks and Brooklyn
· Harbor Lights
· BEAST Speedboat Ride
· Downtown Liberty Express
· Downtown Statue by Night
· Happy Hour
Those interested in any of the tours offered by Circle Line Cruises can obtain more information by visiting the company's website.
Circle Line Cruises offers group sightseeing cruise tour experiences for groups of 15 or more people. Circle Line Cruises is capable of accommodating any type of group, from private and semi-private events to educational tours for schools. Circle Line Cruises is able to accommodate a variety of group requests. Some of the more common group cruise sightseeing requests include:
· 15 Plus Guests - Gatherings for parties and celebrations and sightseeing groups of 15 or more people are eligible a variety of discounts.
· Schools and Camps - These tours provide a creative way to make learning fun. The tours can be arranged for specific age groups and subjects.
· Private Events - Circle Line Cruises offers both private and semi-private sightseeing options that include space for guests to throw their own personal event while enjoying cocktails, a buffet, and entertainment.
Charter the BEAST
For a top of the line cruise sightseeing experience, charter The BEAST, Circle Line Cruises’ speedboat adventure. The BEAST will take riders on a speedy, wet, and exhilarating tour of the Statue of Liberty, all within 30 minutes. This is a fun, unique way to experience New York City through Circle Line Cruises.
Circle Line Cruises believes that sightseeing in New York City should be affordable for everyone. They have partnered with a number of top sightseeing attractions in the city to provide deep discounts and affordable sightseeing combos for those who want to really enjoy their tourist experience of New York City. Some deals that are offered for sightseeing in New York City through Circle Line Cruises include:
· Attraction passes
Guests can get more information on various deals offered by Circle Line Cruises by visiting their website and signing up for email updates, which include the latest on deals and other offers.
Circle Line Sightseeing Cruises, Pier 83, West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036, Phone: 212-563-3200
You are reading "7 Best Beaches Near New York City " Back to Top
More Ideas in NYC: Pod Hotels in New York City
Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, there are lots of different things that need to be taken into account when planning and preparing a trip. One of the most important aspects to consider is where you’re going to stay during your time at your destination.
These days, with hotels, motels, hostels, private vacation rentals, and more, travelers have never had so much choice when trying to find the perfect accommodation. Having a relaxing place to rest your head each night is such an important part of having a positive and satisfying trip.
When you’re trying to choose the accommodation for your stay away, you have to think about how much you’re willing to spend, what you’re going to be using the accommodation for, and how many features and facilities you really need. Many hotels and private rentals offer long lists of features, but these often come at a high price and aren’t really necessary.
If you just need something simple, then The Pod Hotels could be for you. As the name indicates, The Pod Hotels is a chain of hotels based on pod-style living, with small rooms, simple amenities, and super affordable prices to match, with these hotels being situated in some key locations around the United States.
The Pod Hotels - Pod Hotels in New York City and Beyond
Currently boasting multiple locations in New York City, as well as other locations in Washington DC and Philadelphia, The Pod Hotels is changing the game for big city accommodation. Here are just a few of the advantages of The Pod Hotels for you to think about when planning your next trip to NYC, Washington DC, or Philly.
- Pod Rooms - The Pod Hotels offers a range of small, simple, and cozy rooms to suit your needs. If you only need a hotel to sleep and relax in, rather than needing a lot of needless extras like bathrobes, coffee makers, big bathtubs, business centers, laundry machines, and more, a pod hotel could be the perfect option for you. These hotels give you all the essentials, including Wi-Fi, clean rooms, cozy beds, private bathrooms, safes, and hair dryers, all at great prices.
- Simplicity - The Pod Hotels are ‘micro-hotels’, meaning that they forego all the unnecessary aspects of many modern hotels, providing simple rooms, short lists of amenities, all the basics and necessities, and a minimalistic, simplistic lifestyle for guests. Each hotel usually features a fitness center and other fun facilities like a rooftop bar and perhaps even a restaurant, but they don’t come loaded with lots of random extras all designed to push the price up.
- Affordability - A big bonus of staying at a Pod Hotels location is the price. Since these hotels focus on simplicity and essential comforts, rather than indulging and investing in spas and business centers and lots of extras, they’re able to pass the savings onto you, the guests. Finding an affordable hotel in the center of a big city like NYC or DC is often difficult, but The Pod Hotels are making it much easier.
- Location - The locations of these hotels are also one of the top reasons people choose to stay there. Due to their small-scale simplicity, The Pod Hotels are able to fit into key locations all around big cities like NYC and Washington DC. The locations of these hotels are always chosen with convenience in mind, being short walks away from key public transport links and nicely situated with bars, museums, restaurants, and attractions all nearby.
- Extras - Despite being based on the concept of simplicity, these pod hotels do offer some nice bonuses and extras you might not find elsewhere. If you’re looking for a pet-friendly hotel in NYC, for example, The Pod Hostels will accept small dogs in some of its rooms. They also offer convenient parking by partnering with local garages and work tirelessly to provide super experiences for every guest.
Locations for The Pod Hotels
The Pod Hotels’ network is ever-expanding, so we can expect to see more and more locations opening up in the future. For now, here is the list of The Pod Hotels locations for you to choose from:
- Pod BK - For an affordable pod hotel in Brooklyn, choose Pod BK. Situated in the heart of Williamsburg, only a short subway ride away from Union Square, Pod BK offers minimalist living to every occupant with cozy rooms, simple amenities, great prices, and four roof decks enjoying wonderful views of the city skyline. There are 249 rooms at Pod BK, and this pod hotel can be located at 247 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211. To book a room at Pod BK, call up 844-POD-ROOM or email email@example.com.
- Pod 51 - There are several Pod Hotels locations in Manhattan, NYC, and Pod 51 is one of them. Situated in Midtown, this pod hotel is right by three different subway lines and within walking distance of key locations like Central Park and Grand Central Terminal. Situated at 230 East 51st Street, New York, NY 10022, Pod 51 can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pod 39 - Another Manhattan location, Pod 39 is situated in Murray Hill, right by Grand Central Terminal and within easy access of most major landmarks and hotspots around the city. You can get to places like Times Square and the Empire State Building with ease from this pod hotel, making it a great option for tourists. Pod 39 features its own rooftop bar and lounge space and is located at 145 East 39th Street, New York, NY 10016. To contact this pod hotel, email email@example.com.
- Pod Times Square - As the name implies, Pod Times Square is located right by one of the most important and iconic landmarks not just in New York City, but in the entire world. It's right by Hudson River Park too, offering easy access to many Manhattan neighborhoods. You'll find the classic range of room types like Full Pod, Queen Pod, and Bunk Pod at this pod hotel, which is situated at 400 West 42nd Street, New York, NY 10036.
- Pod DC - Anyone visiting the nation's capital and looking for a simple and affordable hotel in DC should definitely consider Pod DC. Located in the Penn Quarter neighborhood right near areas like Chinatown and Gallery Place, Pod DC is within walking distance of world class museums and iconic monuments. It features a rooftop bar, a diner, and a lower-level whiskey bar. Pod DC is located at 627 H Street NW, Washington DC, 20001.
- Pod Philly - The September 2019 addition to The Pod Hotels family, Pod Philly is actually the first micro-hotel in Philadelphia and is located in Center City, offering quick and direct access to many of the main attractions of the city, plus some of its best bars, restaurants, and shops too. It features a Mexican-style restaurant and a rooftop bar with amazing views.
You are reading "7 Best Beaches Near New York City " Back to Top
More Ideas in NYC: Comedy Shows in New York City
The most recognizable city on Earth, appearing in more movies and TV shows than anyone could possibly count in a lifetime, New York City is simply iconic. It's the biggest city in America and one of the largest and most populous cities on Earth. A hub of economy, entertainment, culture, and more, NYC is a truly global power city, with more influence on modern life and society than any other location on the planet.
Known as the 'City That Never Sleeps', New York City boasts a thriving nightlife scene, with an almost endless array of activities and things to do each and every evening. Nights in New York are just like the days, with countless busy people filling the streets, tourists snapping photos at landmarks like Times Square, and a whole lot of flashing lights and lively scenes all around. Naturally, New York has a lot of different live shows and events to enjoy in the evenings, from concerts and sporting events to stage productions and, of course, comedy shows. Things to Do in NYC
Comedy has always been a big part of New York City’s culture with legendary comics from history like Jackie Gleason, Milton Berle, George Carlin, George Burns, and various members of The Three Stooges being born and raised in the city, as well as dozens of modern comedy stars like Jerry Seinfeld, Larry David, Jimmy Fallon, Jimmy Kimmel, Billy Crystal, Whoopi Goldberg, Eddie Murphy, Ray Romano, Adam Sandler, and Amy Schumer also calling NYC home.
Best Comedy Shows in New York City
Known as the cultural capital of the world, it's no surprise that New York has plenty to offer for comedy fans. A whole host of comedy clubs and shows can be enjoyed all around the city, and every single touring comedian in North America simply has to stop off and spend at least a few nights in the Big Apple as part of their schedules. All of this means that New York is one of the best spots on Earth to witness some side-splitting comedy, and here are some of the city’s favorite funny locations.
1. Comedy Cellar - 1267, 117 Macdougal St, New York, NY 10012, Phone: 212-254-3480
If you're looking for an intimate comedy venue in New York City with a lively crowd and vibrant atmosphere, it doesn't get much better than the Comedy Cellar. Founded way back in 1982 by stand-up star Bill Grundfest, this spot is situated right in the heart of Greenwich Village. The likes of Dave Chappelle, Jim Norton, Dave Attell, and Rich Vos appear here regularly, along with a nice mixture of new talents too. TV specials and famous scenes have been filmed here and each show features around half a dozen comics doing quickfire sets of around 20 minutes.
2. New York Comedy Club - 241 E 24th St, New York, NY 10010, Phone: 212-696-5233
Featuring both new and established comedians, the New York Comedy Club features a cozy, intimate setting and an impressive cast of comedians. This joint got its start back in 1989 and has since served up some of the funniest comedy shows in all of NYC. With the timeless brick wall and comfy candlelit tables all around, this comedy club offers shows every single night of the week, with many well-known stars from major TV networks appearing here often.
3. The PIT - 123 E 24th St, New York, NY 10010, Phone: 212-563-7488
The PIT, which stands for Peoples Improv Theater, got stated in 2002 and is generally seen as the top spot for improv comedy in New York City. Offering classes, study resources, workshops, and more, it's a great place for improv comedians to hone their skills and learn more about the craft of comedy, and a super spot for regular folks to enjoy awesome comedy shows too. Improv shows are held here each week in the theater's multiple performances spaces.
4. Gotham Comedy Club - 208 W 23rd St, New York, NY 10011, Phone: 212-367-9000
A popular hotspot for stand-up comedy shows in New York City, the Gotham Comedy club was opened back in 1996 and quickly established itself as one of the Big Apple's premier comedy destinations. Major talents like Jerry Seinfeld, Chris Rock, Dane Cook, and Dave Chappelle have all appeared and performed here, with many more top tier comedians appearing each and every month. Several TV shows and specials have been filmed here, like Comedy Central's Live at Gotham series and LOL with the N. Even the first episode of the famous Larry David sitcom Curb Your Enthusiasm was filmed at this comedy club.
You are reading "7 Best Beaches Near New York City " Back to Top