Bora Bora is one of the most picturesque honeymoon destinations in the world. Photos overwater bungalows are the stuff that honeymoon dreams are made of. You will have a choice of different resorts when booking your stay, ranging from luxury to inexpensive. Remember, however, that there are only a few resorts on the island which limits your ability to shop around for competitive pricing. If your travel dates are flexible, look for seasonal promotions such as free nights and honeymoon packages. Here are the best Bora Bora honeymoon vacations.
1. Houses on Stilts at The St. Regis Bora Bora
2. InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa
3. Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
4. Le Meridien Bora Bora
5. InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana
6. Bungalows with Glass Table Tops at Bora Bora Pearl
7. The Maitai Polynesia
What are the Best Bora Bora Honeymoon Vacations?
The Best Bora Bora Honeymoon Vacations according to local experts are:
- Houses on Stilts at The St. Regis Bora Bora
- InterContinental Bora Bora & Thalasso Spa
- Four Seasons Resort Bora Bora
- Le Meridien Bora Bora
- InterContinental Bora Bora Le Moana
- Bungalows with Glass Table Tops at Bora Bora Pearl
- The Maitai Polynesia
Bora Bora Honeymoon Packages & Deals
Resorts change their packages and deals frequently, depending on season and demand, so it's a good idea to visit their web site directly or call the reservations number to confirm that the following are still available.
- Couples Retreat at the St. Regis Bora Bora: Couples Retreat Package includes a guaranteed upgrade from Deluxe Overwater to Premier Overwater Villa or from Pool Beach to Premier Oceanfront Retreat Villa. When you stay five nights you pay for four. Rates start at around $1,450 per night.
- Passionate Honeymoon Package at the Le Meridien: Le Méridien has two unique honeymoon packages available that include special honeymoon services beyond a basic room discount. The Passionate Mood package includes a bottle of champagne, coconut sweets, flowers in the room, a bath full of flowers, music and candles in the room. The best part is that while you are away at dinner the staff will create a romantic candlelight pathway leading to your bungalow. Rates for the Passionate Package start at 63,550 XPF or around $650 per night. Alternatively, the Romantic mood package includes a daily American breakfast for two, late 3pm check out, and a romantic candlelight dinner for two on the sand.
- Last Minute Honeymoon Deal at the Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort: The package offers at the the Hilton include several offers the fall that include free breakfast and a fifth night free. If you are looking to spend your honeymoon at the Hilton you should check all of their deals against the standard room rate. Rooms at the resort start at around $490. You also need to put down a 30% deposit when you book your stay.
- Honeymoon at the Pearl Beach Resort and Spa : The Pearl Beach Resort and Spa is offering a honeymoon package that includes a Tahitian Black Pearl for the bride, a bottle of Coral white wine and daily breakfast and dinner for two at the main resort restaurant. The discount that you receive will depend on when you travel. You will also have to book your honeymoon within 9 months of your wedding and present your wedding certificate at check-in in order to receive the honeymoon package deal.
- $210 a Night at the Hotel Maitai: The 28 Garden rooms at the Hotel Maitai start at just $210 per night so even without a package these rooms are far less expensive than some of the other resorts. The Hotel Maitai has several special packages that include daily breakfast and dinner. If you want your honeymoon to be right on the water the Overwater Bungalows at the Hotel Maitai start at around $470 per night.
- View from a room at the InterContinental Resort: Check out the romantic honeymoon dinner on the beach at the the InterContinental. The InterContinatal also has two special offers that include breakfast for two guests that are sharing a room. Rates start at around $740 for an Emerald Overwater Villa but vary depending on the time of year.
- Romantic Dinner Over the Water at Le Moana Resort: Enjoy the same daily breakfast included deal as at its sister property the Bora Bora Resort and Thalasso Spa. The Le Moana can also arrange for the very popular flowers on your bed romantic treatment to make your honeymoon feel that much more special.
You are reading "Best Bora Bora Honeymoon Vacations " Back to Top
What Activities are Available in Bora Bora?
Bora Bora is one of the top popular warm-weather honeymoon destinations. The island offers tropical waters, sandy beaches, luxury over-water bungalows and many things to do. Several resorts are located on their own moti islets facing the main island. Pearl Beach Resort has bungalows with glass table tops that let you watch the fish swimming underneath. Le Meridien also features glass-bottom bungalows, an array of watersports, and attentive service. Bora Bora Nui Resort & Spa has a relaxing spa for couples and bungalows with whirlpools. Hotel Sofitel has 30 air-conditioned bungalows and a romantic restaurant overlooking the lagoon.
For a unique spa experience, head to the InterContinental which has a spa with overwater treatment rooms. The villas have private decks, both shaded and in the sun, giving you plenty of space to relax surrounded only by clear blue waters of the lagoon.
Couples can choose from an array of unique activities, from snorkeling and diving to hiking and trekking. Many hotels either have a dive shop or there is one nearby, letting you take lessons and go on exciting dives. If you want to kick back and relax, you can always snorkel just off the beach. The water is calm and clear which makes it easy to spot diverse marine life, including colorful fish and coral.
If you like a challenge, sign up for a five-to-six hour climb up to Mt Ohue and Mt Pahia. At the top, you will be rewarded with some of the most unbelievable scenery. Another unique experience is an Aqua Safari which includes wearing a weight belt and walking under water for about 30 minutes. The walks are less then 4 meters in depth and you will be accompanied by an experienced dive instructor. This is a great alternative for those who do not want to get a scuba license but would like to experience what it's like to spend time under water.
Several outfitters offer boat tours which include stops at different beaches and snorkeling spots, letting you get a unique perspective of the individual motu surrounding the main landmass. Boats range from luxurious to more affordable, depending on what you are looking for. The hotel concierge should be able to point you in the right direction. There is also parasailing which usually lasts about 15 minutes and lets you get a great view from above. Visitors also enjoy shark feeding and ray feeding excursions which let you get close to amazing marine animals.
Bora Bora Honeymoon Travel Tips
Bora Bora in French Polynesia is a romantic vacation destination where everything seems to have been designed around the water. Over-water bungalows, secluded beaches, arriving by helicopter (if you are lucky), amazing marine life and beautiful sunsets. Many resorts white sandy beach that overlooks the turquoise lagoon. Guest accommodations are located near the beach, either on land or over the water, providing relaxing ambiance and fabulous views. It's easy to spend your time relaxing on the sand or next to the freshwater pool surrounded by a tropical garden, but for the more active traveler, hotels offer an array of activities.
From scuba diving lessons to volleyball and tennis, there is something for everyone. The Activities Desk can help you plan adventures throughout your stay. A romantic sunset and champagne cruise is great for honeymooners. Other cruising options include catamaran cruises, glass-bottom boat and barbecue cruises. Get massages at authentic Polynesian Spas, either right on the beach, in the privacy of your room or over water.
How Do I Plan my Honeymoon to Bora Bora?
Any time you head to a remote island, you need to make sure that all of your travel arrangements are confirmed. No matter where you are coming from, a trip to this remote island is a not just a simple direct flight. Be sure that you have enough time to make any airline connections that you need to make, especially on your transfer from the airport in Papeete. Be sure to confirm your arrival details with your hotel just before you leave so that they can arrange transportation (a boat ride) from the airport. The price range for hotels starts at around $300 USD for a garden view room to over $1,400 USD for an overwater bungalow.
When Should I Go?
Summer is from November through April, when the climate is slightly warmer and more humid. Winter is from May through October, when the climate is slightly cooler and dryer. For hotels, low season is generally between January 1st to May 31st and November 1st to December 31st. High season is June through October. Fly to the International Airport in Papeete, Tahiti (Faa' a), code (PPT), and then transfer to either Air Tahiti or Wan Air for a 40-minute flight. You should arrange for your hotel to pick you up at the airport. Bora Bora is considered by many to be one of the most beautiful getaways in the world, so bring your camera and plenty of film or memory cards for pictures.
You are reading "Best Bora Bora Honeymoon Vacations " Back to Top
Tahiti & French Polynesia
Tahiti and her islands and atolls comprise the country of French Polynesia - five island groups or archipelagos which lie in the South Pacific - south of the equator yet in the same time zone as Hawaii. Tahiti is one of the best vacation destinations for beach lovers. You can picnic on secluded beaches, have a romantic dinner at the waters edge, and participate in a wide range of outdoor activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, deep sea fishing, catamaran cruises, tennis, and helicopter tours. Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort & Spa is a 30-minute catamaran ride from Tahiti. Bora Bora is the most popular vacation destination in French Polynesia, offering an array of accommodation options, including the ultra-romantic over-water bungalows. The island is a 40-minute plane ride from Tahiti.
Air Tahiti Nui has a non-stop flights from New York to Papeete. If you live in New York, you can reach Tahiti in 12 hours. Airfare will be a very large part of your vacation budget so be sure to check the airline websites for any special vacation deals. Air New Zealand often has web specials from Los Angeles to Papeete. Air Tahiti Nui also offers some reasonably priced vacation packages on their website under the vacation specials section. Resorts will often have great specials and packages available throughout the year.
The weather in Tahiti features sunny, pleasant days and an average yearly air and water temperature of 80 degrees F. Summer is from November through April, when the climate is slightly warmer and more humid. Winter is from May through October, when the climate is slightly cooler and dryer. There are low season offers available from resorts from January through March. You will not want to leave home without your sunglasses, a digital camera, a hat for sun protection, a new swimsuit, and your snorkeling or dive gear. You also might want to consider a pair of sandals that you can wear in the water when you explore the reef or on trips remote beaches.
Air Tahiti Nui, Air France, Air New Zealand and Hawaiian Airlines all fly to Tahiti from the US mainland. Flight time to Tahiti from Los Angeles is seven and a half hours. >On Tahiti, there are now two types of buses: the open-air trucks called Le Truck and the RTC large white coaches, both operating frequently in Papeete and around the island. Le Truck also operates on most other islands. Rental cars are available at most airports but with excursions from your hotel and the activities on the water you really won't need a car. You don't travel all the way to Tahiti to drive.