Key West is a very popular tourist destination especially during the winter. At this time the city can be quite crowded and the hotel room rates are high, but many visitors come here to enjoy the warmth and sunshine. There are fewer tourists during the summer months and this means less crowds and lower room rates. However, the summer months are rainy and humid and hurricane season is between June and November. The best time to visit Key West is during the spring months between March and May. The winter crowds leave; hotel rates are affordable; and the weather is warm and pleasant. Certain attractions may be temporarily closed or require advance reservations. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Key West, Florida Weather & Temperature by Month
© Courtesy of TasfotoNL - Fotolia.com
January is the last month of winter in Key West and the coldest month of the year. The average high temperature will peak at 74°F (24°C) while the average low temperature will hit a maximum of 64°F (18°C).
In February, Key West sees the lowest precipitation rate in the entire year with just under 2 inches (38 mm) of rain to be expected. The average high temperature and average low temperature increases by two degrees to 76°F (24°C) and 66°F (19°C) respectively.
Key West Weather in March: The weather in March increases again by another two degrees resulting in an average high temperature of 78°F (26°C) and an average low temperature of 68°F (20°C).
April brings an average high temperature of 81°F (27°C) as spring continues in Key West. Low temperature averages are 72°F (22°C).
In May, the last month of spring, the temperatures jump up with the average high and average low temperatures ranging between 85°F (29°C) and 76°F (24°C).
Key West Weather in June: As summer kicks off in June, the average high temperature spikes to 88°F (31°C). The average low temperature also makes a jump to 79°F (26°C).
July is the hottest month of the year as the average high temperature increases to 89°F (32°C). Likewise, the average low temperature hits an annual high of 80°F (27°C).
In August, the average high and average low temperatures hold steady at 89°F (32°C) and 80°F (26°C) respectively, tying with July as one of the hottest months of the year. The only difference between the two months is that August has the second highest precipitation rate in the month at 5 inches (137 mm).
Key West Weather in September: The highest precipitation rate of the year goes to September with a whopping 7 inches (170 mm) of rainfall expected. The average high temperature decreases a single degree while the average low temperature goes down to 78°F (26°C).
October sees cooler temperatures with the average high temperature decreasing to 85°F (29°C). The average low temperature decreases two degrees to 76°F (24°C).
In November, the weather continues to cool quickly. The average high and average low temperatures range between 80°F (27°C) and 72°F (22°C) for the last of Key West’s autumn months.
December marks the beginning of winter and is the third coldest month of the year after February. The average high temperature rests at 76°F (24°C) while the average low temperature is 67°F (19°C).
The best time to visit Florida’s theme parks and other attractions is right after the Christmas vacation in February as there much less crowds and great deals to be had. To enjoy the Florida Keys, Ft. Lauderdale, South Beach and the Everglades, the best time to visit to avoid the crowds is to come between June and August. Beaches are at their best between June and August while it’s best to head to Key West in January and May.
2.Getting to Key West, Florida
© Courtesy of Henryk Sadura - Fotolia.com
There are several ways to get to Key West. Several airlines fly to the Key West International Airport: there are non-stop flights from Miami to Key West. Many people choose to drive from the Miami area to Key West because of the scenery. The highway connects island to island all the way to Key West. Traffic can be heavy sometimes, but the scenery makes up for any traffic problems. If you don’t want to drive you can arrive by bus. Greyhound runs buses between Miami and Key West every day. The ride takes about 4 1/2 hours: it is a popular way to get to Key West so come early to get a seat.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round" Back to Top
3.Information for Visitors
© Courtesy of f11photo - Fotolia.com
Key West offers several ways for visitors to get information about the town. The Key West Chamber of Commerce on Wall Street helps visitors with a variety of things like accommodations, attractions, restaurants, shopping, and how to get around the town. Another good source is the Key West Visitor Center on Roosevelt Boulevard. This organization helps visitors with the same kinds of questions: it also offers discounts on accommodations and water sports activities as well as free maps, coupons, and other information. Visitors should try to get a copy of Sharon Well’s “Walking and Biking Guide to Historic Key West.” This guide is interesting and very helpful.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round" Back to Top
4.Getting Around Key West
© Courtesy of se7enimage - Fotolia.com
Key West is four miles long and just a bit more than one mile wide. It is very easy for visitors to get around Key West on foot, especially the Old Town located on the western side of the island. Old Town is where most hotels and attractions are located. Mopeds are popular but since there are no helmet laws, many people ride without wearing helmets. Bicycles are also popular and probably a little safer. They can usually be rented at the same shops where mopeds are rented. Whether you choose a moped or bicycle, wear a helmet. There is a small bus system that travels around the island.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round this Weekend with Friends" Back to Top or More places to see near me today, what to do, weekend trips
5.Key West Restaurants
© Courtesy of se7enimage - Fotolia.com
Key West is not a big town, but if offers a wide range of dining options. There are upscale restaurants in Key West: these include Blue Heaven which serves seafood and Caribbean cuisine; Cafe Marquesa offering contemporary American fare; and Louie’s Backyard serving Caribbean fare. For lighter quicker meals there are plenty of fast food places mostly on Roosevelt Boulevard and Duval Street, the main street on Key West. Since the island is easy to get around by foot, visitors can walk from one restaurant to the next perusing the menus. Old Town and Bahama Village are two good places to do this.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round this Weekend" Back to Top or Restaurants near me, stuff to do near me
6.Shopping in Key West
© Courtesy of Celso Diniz - Fotolia.com
Key West is home to lots of small shops, many of them selling souvenirs from T-shirts to Key lime pies. In fact, there are more shops selling T-shirts on Duval Street than any other kind of souvenir. Clinton Street Market is located at the popular Mallory Square where visitors gather every evening to watch the sunset. This is an air-conditioned mall full of stalls and kiosks selling souvenirs, hats, shoes, candy, coffee, and much more. Art lovers can explore the many art galleries scattered here and there on Duval Street. This is a good place to find local or Caribbean works of art.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round" Back to Top or More must do for couples, what to do near me, places to visit this weekend
7.Key West Neighborhood Guide
© Courtesy of katy_89 - Fotolia.com
Although small, Key West is made up of several neighborhoods. The most well-known is historic Old Town located on the western half of the island. This is the area where the first docks and warehouses were built in the late 1800s. Here are most of the hotels, restaurants, and attractions including the beaches of Fort Zachary Taylor and Mallory Square. Just east of Duval Street is Bahama Village, a small community that has not changed much over the years: there are lizards and chickens that walk around freely. Upper Duval - Uptown is a district with boutiques, galleries, and restaurants. The eastern part of the island is mostly residential.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round" Back to Top or More tourism, attractions for couples, food, things to see near me today
, From LA
8.Getting Married in Key West
© Courtesy of kurapatka - Fotolia.com
With its beautiful turquoise water and unique historic charm, Key West is a popular place for weddings. Even though it is a small island, it offers a wide range of venues for weddings. Some of the hotel and resort venues include the Southernmost Beach Resort, the Westin Key West Resort and Marina, Doubletree by Hilton Grand Key Resort, and the Hyatt Key West Resort and Marina. For outdoor weddings, a popular choice is the Key West Garden Club at the Historic West Martello Tower with its ocean views and romantic gazebo. If you are interested in getting married at sea, consider the Classic Harbor Line Key West with its 105 foot yacht.
9.Where to Stay in Key West
© Courtesy of Richard McGuirk - Fotolia.com
There are accommodations in Key West to suit every visitor’s needs and wants. There are luxury properties such as the Marquesa Hotel, the Sunset Key Guest Cottages, the Santa Maria Suites Resort, the Pier House Resort and Spa, and the Gardens Hotel. There are more modest properties such as Alexander’s Guesthouse, Curry Mansion Inn, Key Lime Inn, Seascape Inn, the Southernmost Point Guest House, the Gardens Hotel and Cottages, the Grand Guesthouse, and Weatherstation Inn. There are several campgrounds and RV parks in Key West for those who enjoy being close to nature. Vacation rentals are also a popular way to go: there are both houses and condos for rent.
"Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round for Locals & Tourists - Restaurants, Hotels" Back to Top or Beautiful places near me, what to do, restaurants for breakfast, travel guide, nearest beach
Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round
- Key West, Florida Weather & Temperature by Month, Photo: Courtesy of TasfotoNL - Fotolia.com
- Getting to Key West, Florida, Photo: Courtesy of Henryk Sadura - Fotolia.com
- Information for Visitors, Photo: Courtesy of f11photo - Fotolia.com
- Getting Around Key West, Photo: Courtesy of se7enimage - Fotolia.com
- Key West Restaurants, Photo: Courtesy of se7enimage - Fotolia.com
- Shopping in Key West, Photo: Courtesy of Celso Diniz - Fotolia.com
- Key West Neighborhood Guide , Photo: Courtesy of katy_89 - Fotolia.com
- Getting Married in Key West, Photo: Courtesy of kurapatka - Fotolia.com
- Where to Stay in Key West, Photo: Courtesy of Richard McGuirk - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Naeblys - Fotolia.com
Hotel Spotlight: Baker's Cay Resort
Florida is one of the most visited states in the US, and with good reason. It boasts the sunniest weather and warmest temperatures in the contiguous United States and also has some of the nation's best beaches like Clearwater and Cocoa and some of the most exciting attractions too like the Walt Disney World Resort and Universal Studios theme parks.
Another amazing place to visit in the Sunshine State is the Florida Keys. These little, inter-connected islands stretch out off the southern coast of the Florida peninsula, drawing in many visitors due to their pristine beaches and natural areas, as well as their luxury resorts and fun things to do.
Key Largo is one of the most picturesque of the Florida Keys. It sits at the top of the chain of islands, easily accessible from Miami, and is home of the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park for glass bottom boat tours and snorkeling experiences. If you’re planning a trip and looking for the best place to stay in Key Largo, Baker’s Cay Resort should at the top of your list.
Baker's Cay Resort - Luxury Key Largo Resort
Just a little further along the Overseas Highway through the main town of Key Largo sits Baker's Cay Resort, one of the best luxury resorts in the Florida Keys. Offering an exquisite array of accommodations, lots of different activities for every guest to enjoy, unique and delicious dining options, and much more besides, Baker's Cay Resort is the ideal location to make your Florida Keys vacation extra special.
- The Resort - Baker's Cay Resort has something for everyone. Whether you're just looking to get away from it all for a few days, planning an extended vacation down among the Florida Keys, seeking out somewhere romantic to spend some time with a special someone, or looking for a beautiful place where you can sit back, relax, and feel fully at peace, leaving all your worries behind, Baker's Cay Resort is the place to be. An expansive waterfront resort, inspired by nature and offering a wealth of luxury accommodation and unique services and features, this Key Largo resort spares no expense and makes no compromises on quality and guest satisfaction.
- Resort Amenities - Baker's Cay Resort offers a huge range of amenities, features, and services for the comfort and convenience of every guest. Many people head to the Florida Keys to spend time on the beach, sunbathing and relaxing with their friends and families. Baker's Cay Resort has its own stretch of private beach, giving you total peace and quiet, far from the crowds of the busier beaches nearby. It also offers an on-site boutique featuring a range of nature-inspired items and gifts for those back home, pet-friendly accommodations, a fully equipped and state of the art business center, locally sourced bath products, a beauty salon, and a swimming pool.
- Accommodation Options - Guests at the Baker's Cay Resort will be able to choose from the following accommodations when booking their nights at this luxury Florida Keys resort: Hammock View Rooms, Junior Suites, Baker's Cay Suites, Waterfront Rooms, and Premium Waterfront Suites. Hammock View Rooms are the simplest option, but still offer a lot of indulgence and luxury with stylish art and décor items, sleek wooden beds, and cozy seating areas too. At the other end of the spectrum, the Premium Suites feature one or two bedrooms, as well as Roman tubs, wet bars, living and dining spaces, 50 inch HD TVs, deluxe coffee makers, mini-fridges, outdoor terrace areas with waterfront views, and more.
- Dining at Baker's Cay Resort - The Florida Keys are famed for their food and drink, with fruity cocktails and fresh seafood catches beloved by the locals and visitors alike. Guests at the Baker's Cay Resort can enjoy delicious dining right on-site at the resort's own Calusa restaurant. Strikingly decorated with light, airy colors and premium furnishings, the restaurant provides the perfect setting for memorable evening meals, with Executive Chef Andy Papson and his culinary team preparing some of the best Florida Keys seafood dishes around. The resort also boasts an outdoor Tiki Bar and a pool bar, for those moments when you just want to enjoy a cool, refreshing cocktail while soaking up the Florida sun, as well as the Dry Rocks seaside bar, offering a great range of tequilas and mezcals and live entertainment too.
- Weddings, Meetings, and Events - The Florida Keys are easily among the best wedding locations in America. The non-stop sunshine, warm weather, blue waters, golden sands, and stunning island backgrounds of the Keys make this is a perfect part of North America in which to say "I do", and the Baker's Cay Resort can bring your big day to life in the very best ways, offering all the accommodation, event space, catering, floral arrangement, planning, and other services you need. The resort also caters to meetings, corporate events, and private events of all kinds too.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Key West, Florida - Weather Year Round " Back to Top