© Carlsbad Food Tour
Carlsbad Food Tours is a seasonal business that operates from the end of May through the end of December. This 3-hour guided walking tour is organized every day from 11:30am to 3:00pm. The tour includes up to eight food tasting stops and a wine tasting venue. Tickets cost $59 per adult and $35 per child and need to be booked at least 2 hours before the tour starts.
The tour takes visitors to an array of Carlsbad eateries ranging from European and Italian restaurants to California-style cafes and Mexican delis together with specialty shops that aptly represent the gastronomic aspects of Carlsbad.
· Humble Olive Oils - Get a taste of the best infused olive oils and ultra-premium extra virgin olive oil at this family-owned oil store.
· Caldo Pomodoro - Offers the finest Italian foods, homemade desserts, and wines in Carlsbad.
· Vigilucci's Gourmet Market - Italian shop outlet featuring imported and local cheese and salami along with exotic wines. Also offers panini and lasagna meals with pasta made fresh every day.
· Witch Creek Winery - Offers handcrafted specialty wines prepared using traditional methods of winemaking.
· Gaia Gelato - Treat yourself to an Italian gelato prepared in small batches every day using traditional Italian recipes and gelato machines all the way from Italy.
· Gregorio's - Restaurant and pizzeria that has been serving Italian food and pizzas for over 20 years.
· Cafe Topes - Serves the best breakfast in Carlsbad and very popular for their homemade cinnamon rolls.
· Lola's - Known as the best Mexican food joint in town, this restaurant has been serving authentic Mexican food since 1943, making it the oldest business in Carlsbad.
· Carlsbad Chocolate Bar - Offers a large variety of chocolates, coffee, expresso bars, wines, and champagnes.
· Senor Grubby's - A Mexican restaurant serving fresh Mexican fare.