10 Dream Tropical Honeymoon Ideas
White-sand beaches, swaying palm trees and warm weather are among the top reasons why many honeymooners decide to get away to a tropical island. From the Caribbean islands and Mexico to Tahiti, Hawaii, Bora Bora and Australia, there are many fabulous honeymoon ideas to choose from. In the tropics, couples can relax in the sun, go kayaking and snorkeling, and take romantic sunsets along the beach. These hotels and resorts offer beautiful accommodations, romantic restaurants and special services for couples.
Fijian getaway with just two private luxury houses
Taveuni, known as the garden island, offers a beautiful setting with its secluded white sandy beaches, lush tropical plants and waterfalls. You can even be the first person in the world to see the sun rise since the island is located in the path of the International Date Line. Each villas has a private pool, two bedrooms, fully equipped kitchen and two bathrooms. During your honeymoon, a personal maid will provide you with daily cleaning service, laundry service, fresh flowers and evening turn down.
At night, sit outside on the deck and look up at the starlit sky. Scuba diving is spectacular on Taveuni Island in Fiji - there are two dive centers just minutes from the resort. You can also book a relaxing massage, go kayaking, explore secluded bays, hike to a waterfall, or simply lounge by the pool.Guest cottages at Travaasa Hana in Hawaii.
Picnic on a private motu
On your romantic honeymoon to Te Tiare in French Polynesia, you'll be able to relax on a private bay, watch romantic sunsets, and stay in a fabulous honeymoon suite. At Te Tiare, you can enjoy the sandy shore at the front of the resort or head out in a boat for a picnic on a private motu (island). Alternatively, you can explore the lagoon on jet skis.
Honeymooners at Te Tiare should try either the Shallow Overwater Bungalows or, for the ultimate honeymoon suite, the Premier Deep Overwater Bungalows. The Shallow Overwater Bungalows are cheaper than the Deep Overwater Bungalows, but the ladder from their terrace leads down to about three feet of water. So if you're interested in doing a lot of swimming from your private terrace than you might prefer a Deep Overwater Bungalow. Food is another important aspect of any honeymoon vacation. Scenic views from the Ari'i Restaurant set the tone for every meal at the resort. There are also great tables for two out on the terrace where you can enjoy a romantic breakfast over the ocean.
Romance over the Water in Tahiti
Le Meridien Tahiti is an ideal romantic island getaway because getting there doesn't require as many plane and boat rides as other resorts in French Polynesia. The rates at Le Meridien Tahiti are relatively moderate and, of course, the resort offers plenty of romantic vacation activities as well.
Le Meridien Tahiti offers in room massage service, a sandy bottom swimming pool, scuba diving, kayak rentals, and a discover dolphins program. Splurge on one of the overwater bungalows on your romantic getaway. They are almost twice as expensive as standard rooms at the resort, but you will be able to access the lagoon right from your room.
The Director of Romance helps guests plan their ultimate getaway
If you have a fantasy marriage proposal that you would love to put together but don't know how, the staff at Las Ventanas al Paraiso, in Los Cabos Mexico, can help you plan your romantic Mexico vacation. Marissa Woods is the Director of Romance at the luxurious Las Ventanas Resort, and her speciality is making romantic vacation dreams come true.
If you are trying to put together an ideal romantic getaway, a wedding proposal, or even a wedding, the Director of Romance can do it all. The combined skills of the resorts Executive Chef, the Spa Director and local vendors have led to many memorable romantic vacations and even more satisfied guests.
If you think your vacation dreams are to complex or out there, then guess again. To fulfill one romantic request, the Director of Romance found a white stallion so one guest could ride up to his beloved as a White Knight.
Secluded hideaway in Queensland
Plan a honeymoon vacation to Kewarra Beach Resort, a secluded hideaway in Queensland, near Cairns, Australia. Enjoy the privacy of your own cottage, explore the beautiful tropical gardens and lounge on the private sandy shore.
Guest cottages at Kewarra are surrounded by the gardens and a lagoon. Although all have verandahs, Bauhinia Suites are the most stunning, with a sitting area right over the water. Because of its location next to pristine rainforest parks and a boat ride away from the famous Great Barrier Reef, Kewarra Beach Resort provides a great base for exploring the area and for trying out different vacation activities.
Go scuba diving on the Great Barrier Reef, tour the Australian Outback, rent a sea kayak, and enjoy a variety of watersports on your honeymoon vacation. Ask the hotel restaurant to prepare a picnic basket which you can take with you. The hotel offers several services perfect for honeymooners, including a dinner right on the water. Enjoy a romantic dinner for two surrounded by torches and the Coral Sea. The hotel can hire a violinist to play for you while you dine.
Untouched beaches and PADI Diving
Fundu Lagoon is a distant island getaway off the east coast of Africa with untouched beaches, romantic bungalows, and plenty of tropical sunshine. There are only 14 bungalows at Fundu Lagoon which means that you certainly won't have your honeymoon vacation interrupted by crowds of tourists.
Take advantage of the resort's fully equipped PADI dive center to explore the rich marine life around the island. ther vacation activities to try on your honeymoon include fishing, catamaran sailing, canoeing and nature walks.
Diving and suites overlooking the water
If you are looking for something a little adventureous on your honeymoon but you still want to be able to sit on the sand when you feel like it, the try Lizard Island.
Lizard Island has fabulous suites most of which have amazing views of the water. The island has a wide range of activities like tennis, snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides and sport fishing. However, the most impressive activity on the island is the diving. Whether you are an experienced diver or just want to take your first dive, there are few places better than Lizard Island. Try the introduction to scuba diving course or dive the world famous Cod Hole.
If you decide that scuba diving is not for you, Lizard Island's many bays are great for relaxing in the sun and taking the occasional dip in the ocean.
Polynesian Treasure Treatment and Oceanview Bungalows
Le Meridien Bora Bora in French Polynesia has excellent beaches, great ocean views, and romantic overwater bungalows.
If your idea of romance is sunbathing and relaxing on your very own private overwater deck than consider one of the resort's premium bungalows. The premium bungalows are the most private of all the accommodations at the Le Meridien, making them the best option for a romantic getaway. Lounge around on your deck and when you get too hot simply slip off your deck right into the water. When you are done enjoying the view from your deck, head to the spa for 3 hours of Polynesian Treasure treatment. This full body treatment includes: cleansing scrub of your choice, shower-jet, scalp and body massage with essential oils (tonic, harmony, serenity or calm), rejuvenating facial, aromatic bath and an iced tea.
1,800 acre island with just 52 rooms in the Caribbean
Anyone who has ever taken a romantic getaway to a resort knows that a romantic stroll down the sand is a must. However, the problem is that at so many resorts today you run out of beach after four or five minutes of walking. This is definitely not the case at Peter Island Resort, a private 1,800 acre island getaway located in the British Virgin Islands.
On 1,800 acres with only 52 rooms the Peter Island Resort is a romantic getaway where you won't have to get up at the crack of dawn to save a spot. As a guest of the resort you can choose to enjoy the sun and sand on any one of the islands five beaches.
The three accommodation options on the island are garden and ocean view rooms, beach front suites, and several different villas which range in size from three to six bedrooms. Garden and ocean view rooms start at $540 and the beach front suites start at $790 dollars in the low season.
Tropical gardens and white-sand beaches in the Caribbean
Plan a romantic getaway to the Turtle Beach Resort in Barbados and enjoy a luxury suite with a view of the blue waters of the Caribbean, tropical gardens and white-sand beaches.
Since the resort is all-inclusive, you'll be able to choose from an array of complimentary activities, such as windsurfing, kayaking and boogie boarding. All of the accommodations at Turtle Beach Resort are suites, but on your romantic getaway a view of the water is a must. You'll be able to sit on your private patio or balcony and enjoy the view. Browse Caribbean packages and deals.
Great Romantic Tropical Vacation Packages
Escape to the tropics on your honeymoon and enjoy free nights, welcome champagne, massages and other perks with these specials.
- Bora Bora: These relaxing beach specials in the tropics let you save money on vacation and enjoy special perks such as spa treatments, free dinners and activities. The "Romantic Embrace in Bora Bora" at Hilton Bora Bora Nui Resort is a meant for couples and honeymooners. It includes A welcome champagne in your room, One romantic dinner and Daily breakfast for two at the restaurant. You may also like the "Spa Package" which includes: One Duo Massage, Two Beauty Cares (to be chosen from our menu) and Daily breakfast for two at the restaurant. The "Long Stay offer" gives you every 5th night free.
- Barbados: The "Romantic Escapade" at Sandy Lane is perfect for couples who want to celebrate their honeymoon in the Caribbean. The offer includes A bottle of champagne on arrival, A candlelight dinner for two, A "Signature Romance Ritual" one hour couple's massage and a catamaran cruise for two.
- Koh Samui: AKARYN Resort and Spa Samui is offering a special which requires a 5 night stay and includes: a Welcome signature cocktail of your choice at The Wet Bar, Magical Moment Arrangement with candle and scents, flower arrangement, tropical fruit basket and one bottle of sparkling wine served in residence on arrival, Release of 2 x traditional Thai spirit lanterns or "Khom Loys" along shore at Hanuman Bay during your stay.
- Great Barrier Reef: Angsana Resort & Spa Great Barrier Reef has an offer which includes A bottle of sparkling Australian wine on arrival, a 20% discount on Spa body massage treatments (excludes packages; subject to space availability) pre-booking highly recommended.
- Australia: If you are looking to combine a tropical beach wedding with a honeymoon, take a look at the Elope to the Tropics offer at Kewarra Beach Resort in Australia. The package includes: Return transfers between Cairns airport or Cairns city, 5 nights in a deluxe 'Pandanus' bungalow, Full breakfast for two each morning in our Paperbark forest restaurant, Civil Marriage Celebrant, Marriage License & Certificate, Services of a Wedding Coordinator, Ceremony setup with location to be chosen by the bride & groom after arrival, Bride's bouquet & Groom's buttonhole and a Bottle of Australian sparkling wine following the ceremony.
- Maldives: If you are dreaming of a perfect tropical escape with your better half, take a look at the romantic package offered at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru in the Maldives. The private island resort will help you create unforgettable memories on your romantic getaway. The romantic offer include Sandback Dining, Discovery Dining and Intimate Moments. The Sandback Dining special includes a romantic lunch or dinner on a secluded sandbank where you will be taken with a private speedboat. Picture water, sand and a stunning sunset all around, a perfect moment for an unforgettable wedding proposal or a special celebration. The Discovery Dining offer is for couples who like to sample new flavors and includes:
Champagne and canapes on a traditional dhoni,
Starters at Velaavani Bar in sister resort Angsana Ihuru,
Thai soup in Angsana Spa,
Sorbet on the dhoni,
Lobster barbeque on the beach and
Dessert in a secret location.
The Intimate Moments offer in a great idea for couples who want their entire villa transformed into a romantic oasis, complete with scented candles, tropical flowers and chilled wine. Other romantic ideas at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru include couples massages at the stunning island spa, snorkeling, scuba diving and stargazing.
- Vietnam: The "Romance in Lang Co" offer at Banyan Tree Lang Ko in Vietnam includes: Three nights stay in a Lagoon Pool Villa (add USD 415 for upgrade to Beach Pool Villa), Daily breakfast at The Water Court restaurant, One-time Romantic Dinner, An Intimate Moment bath menu with complimentary sparkling house wine, Lantern Making Workshop, Lantern Blessing Ceremony: Make a wish and send your lantern floating into the sea/ lagoon, One time "Classic Rejuvenation" spa treatment with a selection of popular therapies combined to pamper you from top to toe, 20% off all treatments at the spa (except beauty treatments) and Complimentary late check-out.
- Turks and Caicos: Save on your trip to the Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean with these deals. Spend the savings on spa treatments and romantic dinners. This offer is perfect for couples who like secluded beaches and relaxing massages. The "Spa Getaway" at the Beach House includes: Round Trip Transfers to and from airport, One 50 minute Cool Change or Chill Out Massage for each adult (3 or 4 nights), Two 50 minute Cool Change or Chill Out Massages or Margarita Scrub for each adult (5 or more nights) and a romantic picnic. Save up to 45% on your room rate at the Windsong Resort on certain dates in the summer through October. A 4-night minimum stay is required. Available room types include" Standard Room, Studios, 1 Bedroom Island View, 1 Bedroom Oceanfront, and 2 Bedroom Junior Oceanfront. The "Explore the Beach" package at the Beach House is for those who like to try different activities and includes: Round Trip Transfers to and from airport, Picnic, 2 out of 3: Stand-up Paddleboard Eco-Tour with Big Blue Unlimited, 2 out of 3: Kayak Eco-Tour with Big Blue Unlimited, 2 out of 3: Snorkel Eco-Tour with Big Blue Unlimited and Breakfast credit each day (subject to tax and service charge). Round Trip Transfers to and from airport, Picnic, Babysitting for 1 evening (4 hrs) plus kids dinner in suite, Chef's Dinner for 2, Snorkeling at Smiths Reef and Breakfast credit each day (subject to tax and service charge). Click here for more great Caribbean vacation ideas.
- Mauritius: Eat your fill of amazing star chef creations surrounded by tropical island beaches. Escape to the beautiful island of Mauritius to taste culinary creations by Michelin starred Chefs on 6 nights of your trip. Stay at the Constance Belle Mare Plage which has a white-sand beach, a tropical spa and scenic views of the Indian Ocean. Ask for the "Celebrate the passion of gastronomy" package which costs 3,000 Euro for two for 7 nights. 6 gourmet dinners are included in the package. In addition to spoiling your palate with new flavors, visit Spa de Constance and Shiseido Spa to try a menu of pampering treatments. Guest accommodations at the resort face the beach and feature private balconies with views of the Indian Ocean. Choose from first-, second- and third-floor locations. Interconnecting rooms are available for families. If you decide on a light lunch in order to leave enough room for the gourmet dinner, head to the beachside La Kaze restaurant for a light meal. The resort offers 20 two-story villas with private pools and personal attendants. The large living area opens out to a private landscaped garden and plunge pool.
- Fiji: Earn free nights in Fiji at Jean-Michel Cousteau Fiji Islands Resort during certain times of the year. Stay 5 /pay 3 From AUD $2,033 per adult (Including taxes & all normal inclusions), based on 2 adults sharing an Oceanfront bure. Available for the Villa, Point Reef Bures and Oceanfront Bures only. Fiji is a perfect romantic getaway for couples and honeymooners. Click here for more beach specials.