Europe is filled with so many incredible vacation destinations that it would take multiple lifetimes to visit every single one and appreciate them all, so we all have to pick and choose our favorite spots to visit. Austria is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful destinations in all of Europe, with its incredible scenery, rich history, and awe-inspiring natural landscapes proving highly popular with millions of visitors from all over the globe each and every year.
Austria is also one of the best places to go skiing in Europe, with the little mountain village of Lech am Arlberg, often simply shortened to Lech, being a very popular choice. Located on the banks of the river Lech, this village is located in the Bludenz district in northeastern Austria. Lech is a sleepy mountain town situated at an elevation of over 4,700 feet (1,400 m) above sea level and home to barely 1,500 people, but it attracts thousands more in both summer and winter.
Many celebrities and famous faces like Tom Cruise and Princess Diana have visited this location in the past, and the ski resort hosts the 'White Ring' (Weisser Ring), which is the longest ski race on Earth, as well as various other special events. In short, it's one of the best ski villages in all of Europe, and one of the best hotels to choose in Lech is undoubtedly the Hotel Gotthard.
Hotel Gotthard in Lech
Standing since 1931, the Hotel Gotthard is one of the most historic hotels in Lech am Arlberg. Owned and operated by the same family for three generations now, Hotel Gotthard offers friendly hospitality, luxury accommodation, and a true 'home away from home' vibe that really helps to make every stay magical and unforgettable. Here’s all you need to know about staying at Hotel Gotthard:
- Friendly Service - Every hotel is typically judged on its amenities and rooms, but one of the big factors that can really influence whether or not you have a great stay at any accommodation location anywhere in the world is the standard of the service and hospitality you receive. At Hotel Gotthard, the service really is second to none. Despite this being a luxury hotel steeped in history and tradition, the welcome offered to every guest is warm and homely, helping everyone feel right at ease. The fact that this is a family owned and operated hotel helps to contribute to that 'home away from home' atmosphere. If you’re looking for a hotel where you’ll be made to feel exceptionally welcome for every second of your stay, Hotel Gotthard is the right option.
- Rooms - Rooms at the four-star Hotel Gotthard are divided up into the following categories: Single Rooms, Double Rooms, and Suites. In this way, the Hotel Gotthard is able to provide something for everyone, from solo travelers to couples, familes, and groups of friends. Each room is beautifully decorated with luxury furnishings and warm tones to create a very cozy and comfortable feeling for all to enjoy. Even the standard Single Rooms, which offer 18 square meters of space, come with plenty of comforts and conveniences like satellite TV, a bathrobe, a minibar, a luxury bathroom, and more. The suites, meanwhile, can measure close to 50 square meters and offer separate living areas as well as terraces and balconies.
- Dining - Those looking to enjoy great food and drink at their Lech hotel won't be disappointed at the Hotel Gotthard. Meals and refreshments are served all through the day at various locations around the hotel. In the morning, guests can enjoy a wide variety of delights at the breakfast buffet. You can also stop off at the Café Gotthard for cakes, pastries, and delicious local treats throughout the day. Those in search of local craft beers and high quality European wines or classic cocktails can stop off at the Gotthard Hotel Bar, while evening meals are served at the Lecher Stube restaurant. Here, regional dishes and delights are served in a casual setting, often accompanied by live music. There's also the Gotthard Stube where chef Werner Mullner makes use of local ingredients to provide a seasonal menu of top-class Austrian meals.
- Activities - The Hotel Gotthard can appeal for both winter trips to Lech and summer trips too. Winter activities in Lech include the likes of skiing and snowboarding around the local mountains, which are only a stone's throw away from the Hotel Gotthard. Cross-country skiing and winter hikes can also be enjoyed at this time of year, along with sleigh rides and fun family activities too. The snowy mountains provide the perfect backdrop for Christmas fun. When summer rolls around and the snow melts away, activities like hiking, mountaineering, fishing, scenic drives, and golf become very popular. The friendly staff at Hotel Gotthard can help to provide guidance on local activities and things to do.
- Amenities - Along with luxurious rooms and first-class dining services, the Hotel Gotthard can also boast of exceptional amenities. You'll find all you need at this hotel to enjoy a truly magical stay, including a fitness room complete with cutting edge equipment and all the space you need to enjoy a great workout. There's also a beautiful indoor swimming pool and sauna area to relax and soothe your muscles after a long day on the slopes. Massages and spa treatments are provided to make your stay even more relaxing and invigorating, while conference and business facilities are also provided to corporate guests.
For family holidays in Lech and romantic getaways in Austria, the Hotel Gotthard is one of the best options you can hope to find. It’s one of the best Lech hotels out there, with its 4-star restaurant, cozy rooms, and world class hospitality standing out as a few of its finest features. A stay at this hotel will always result in happy memories and great experiences, so choose Hotel Gotthard for your next trip to Lech am Arlberg. Omesberg 119, 6764 Lech, Austria, Phone: +43 5583 35600, website