Seattle is a beautiful city with plenty to offer, especially in the food and drink department. The Emerald City has some amazing museums, landmarks, and stores to check out, but its bars and restaurants stand out as some of the very best in the whole of the Pacific Northwest. Anyone looking for fine Mexican meals in Seattle should check out one of the two locations of El Chupacabra.
El Chupacabra - Mexican Bar and Restaurant in Seattle
Ranked as one of the top locations for Mexican food in the city of Seattle, El Chupacabra is named after the legendary creature of the same name and offers family-friendly, casual dining with a laid-back attitude and a lively vibe in both of its Seattle locations.
Blending the charm and flair of a Mexican cantina with the rebellious attitude of a punk rock bar, El Chupacabra is the perfect place to enjoy great music, amazing drinks, and delicious food. If you love Mexican flavors, spices, margaritas, and more, you’ll find plenty to enjoy here.
The homemade hot sauces and terrific tacos stand out as some of the top options on the menu, with fruity cocktails and fun Happy Hours every single day adding a lot of life and vibrancy to these locations, giving them a unique ambience and atmosphere unlike anywhere else in all of Seattle.
The first El Chupacabra opened up back in 2005 and the citizens of Seattle have been in love with this mini Mexican chain ever since. If you're looking for good times, friendly staff, flavorful meals, and lots of life and noise all around you, El Chupacabra is most definitely the best place to be.
Visit El Chupacabra
If you're interested in checking out El Chupacabra and enjoying the great drinks, tasty tacos, and other treats for yourself, here's all you need to know about the two locations of this Seattle Mexican restaurant and bar:
- Greenwood - The Greenwood location of El Chupacabra is situated at 6711 Greenwood Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98103. You can call 206 706 4889 to get in touch with this location and find out more.
- West Seattle - The West Seattle location of El Chupacabra is situated at 2620 Alki Avenue South West, Seattle, WA 98116. The phone number for this location is 206 933 7344.
- Opening Times - Opening hours vary depending on the El Chupacabra location you visit and the time of year, so you can call up to learn more before visiting.
- Happy Hour - There are two Happy Hour periods each day at El Chupacabra. During this period, drinks and foods are cheaper than normal. Happy Hour is the same time at both locations: from 4pm to 6pm and then from 10pm to midnight.
- Brunch - Brunch runs from 11am to 3pm on weekends only. The brunch menu features a range of breakfast and lunch options like huevos rancheros, breakfast quesadillas, Mexican omelettes, and more, as well as the all-day bar cocktail options like the Bloody Maria, Mimosas, Screwdrivers, and Greyhounds.
- Private Parties at El Chupacabra - If you're interested in renting out an El Chupacabra location for a private event like a birthday or family reunion, you can reserve the upstairs space at the West Seattle location only. The space can accommodate up to 50 guests in total. Prices for parties will depend on the number of guests in attendance and the time of year. You can also request use of a ping pong table to add some fun and games to your event, as well as choosing to have snacks, full meals, an open bar, and more.
- Important Information - Kids are more than welcome at both locations for El Chupacabra, but little ones are only permitted in the restaurant area, not up at the bar. No animals are allowed at El Chupacabra except service animals.
- Reservations - El Chupacabra works on a first come, first serve basis, so you don't need to call up and make reservations. If the restaurant is busy when you arrive, you can grab a drink at the bar and wait for a table to open, and the wait times are never generally too long at this Seattle Mexican restaurant.
- Deliveries and Take-out - El Chupacabra offers a full take-out service on all items on the menu, so you can call up in advance or head to the nearest location, place your order, and take it home with you. El Chupacabra also offers deliveries through third-party services like Postmates. website