Copenhagen, the capital of Denmark, is one of the most scenic cities in all of Europe. Stretching out across the coastal islands of Zealand and Amager, this stunning city is famed for its Indre By historic center and several unique landmarks like the Amalienborg Palace, the Christiansborg Palace, and the Rosenborg Castle.
It’s an embodiment of Danish culture and identity, and the city is also a great place for shopping, dining, and entertainment too, with Copenhagen becoming increasingly popular with foodies from around the world, due to its vast array of restaurants, bars, and breweries. One of the best places to grab a bite or drink in the city is BRUS.
BRUS - Brewery, Bar, Shop, and Restaurant in Copenhagen
Located in the Norrebro part of the city, BRUS is one of Copenhagen's best breweries, bars, restaurants, and shops, offering a multi-faceted experience for every visitor and serving up some of the best beer, snacks, and more in all of Denmark. With a lively atmosphere, friendly service, delicious food, and fun events, BRUS offers all you need for a great time.
- Overview - BRUS is essentially a brewpub, meaning that is doubles up as both a brewery and a restaurant in just one location. Part of the To OI Brewery family, BRUS is also home to a bottleshop and bar, and it's situated in the trendy Norrebro district. The beers here are brewed right on site, travelling mere meters from the brewery to your table. The whole of BRUS is housed in an old iron foundry, adding a uniquely rustic, industrial charm to the whole place, and the word 'BRUS' actually refers to the sparkling nature of carbonated drinks. Aiming to become the best place to eat and drink in Copenhagen, BRUS has a former Michelin-starred chef in the kitchen and a super menu of drinks and food for all to enjoy.
- The Bar - Situated in the center of BRUS, the bar is the beating heart of this pub and shop, and can rarely be seen without crowds of happy locals and travelers from around the world all gathered around, chatting merrily and enjoying exceptional craft beers. Various draft beers are on offer too, as well as wines and a range of snacks. The bar opens up every day of the week, from 3pm to midnight on Mondays to Thursdays, midday to 3am on Fridays, 11am to 3am on Saturdays, and 11am to midnight on Sundays.
- The Brewery - BRUS is unique when compared to many other bars, pubs, and eateries in Copenhagen, as it's one of the few to have its own brewery right on site. Dozens of beers are being produced at BRUS, with the brewery boasting of 13 fermentation tanks and three bright beer tanks. You can take open tours and enjoy tasting sessions of the BRUS Brewery on the last Saturday of each month, which is one of the best things to do in Copenhagen and teaches you all about the brewing process.
- The Restaurant - Food is served throughout the entire BRUS house, every single day. No reservations are needed, except for big groups, so all you have to do is walk in and choose a table. There's plenty of space around this Copenhagen brewpub, and even though it's exceptionally popular, you never have to wait too long for a table to open up. Food is served from 3pm on weekdays, from midday on Fridays, and from 11am at weekends, with the kitchen closing at 10pm each night. The menu includes a range of snacks and typical pub fare like chicken wings and popcorn, as well as burgers and house dishes like Lemon Sole and Pork Belly, plus a delicious selection of sweet treats.
- The Shop - Those who love BRUS tend not to want to leave, but you can stop off at the BRUS shop to grab a few mementos before heading home. The bottleshop serves a huge range of beers, organic ciders, natural wines, sodas, kombuchas, snacks, and more, including products brewed right on site and from other leading local breweries like Dry & Bitter, Track, Lindheim, Omnipollo, and Boon. You can grab burgers and snacks in the shop too from midday to 3pm on Mondays to Thursdays, and you'll also find some dried goods like coffees, cereals, teas, honey, preserves, and more, plus BRUS merchandise like glassware and apparel.
- Visiting - Brus is located at Guldbergsgade 29F, 2200 Copenhagen N. It's easy to access via public transport links around the city, and you can visit the official BRUS site for more info on opening times, menus, and more, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional info. website