A getaway to an island combined with pampering at the spa is the ultimate relaxing vacation idea. Here is a collection of unique island spas, located in Greece, Hawaii, Maldives, Mallorca, Bora Bora, Seychelles and other destinations around the world. These photos were chosen to inspire your next relaxing getaway, whether you are a casual spa visitor or a spa going pro. If you like beaches, you will love these unique spa resorts and hotels which are located in some of the most scenic spots. The spas are designed to blend with the natural beauty of their surroundings. Before you book your trip, browse our spa packages featuring both luxury and affordable options.
1.The Largest Wellness Center in the Seychelles
2.Relaxation on a Private Island in Bora Bora
3.Le Tahaa in French Polynesia
4.Roman-style Health Retreat on Cyprus
5.The Elounda Spa & Thalassotherapy on Crete
6.The Kahala Spa in Hawaii
7.Health & Beauty Center in Southern Italy
8.Private Island Wellness Retreat in Thailand
9.Crystal Steam Rooms and Ice Fountains in the Maldives
10.Thalaspa Chenot on Crete
11.Health Retreat by L'Occitane en Provence in the Canary Islands
12.Relaxing Island Spa Hideaway with Just 19 Guest Houses
13.Island Wellness Retreat in Mallorca
World's Best Island Spas
- The Largest Wellness Center in the Seychelles
- Relaxation on a Private Island in Bora Bora
- Le Tahaa in French Polynesia, Photo: Le Tahaa
- Roman-style Health Retreat on Cyprus
- The Elounda Spa & Thalassotherapy on Crete
- The Kahala Spa in Hawaii
- Health & Beauty Center in Southern Italy
- Private Island Wellness Retreat in Thailand
- Crystal Steam Rooms and Ice Fountains in the Maldives
- Thalaspa Chenot on Crete
- Health Retreat by L'Occitane en Provence in the Canary Islands
- Relaxing Island Spa Hideaway with Just 19 Guest Houses
- Island Wellness Retreat in Mallorca
- Cover Photo: Raffles Praslin
Amazing Caribbean Island Spas
- Suites with Spectacular Views of the Caribbean: Enjoy a couples' getaway on Canouan Island in the Grenadines. Surrounded by the clear waters of the Caribbean Sea, the wellness center features 11 thatched-roof suites and two over-water treatment suites with glass bottoms so that you can look into the water while enjoying your massage. All 60-minutes treatments include an extra half-hour relaxation time during which you can relax on the private ocean-view deck of your suite. All decks include Jacuzzis, Asian day beds and Raffles Amrita teas. Morning Chi and Meditation classes take place in a Tree Palapa with stunning views of the Caribbean Sea. Godhal Beach Bar & Grill serves a specially-designed light menu.
- Mandara Spa at Atlantis:
Mandara Spa Atlantis is an impressive 30,000-square-foot facility with an extensive menu of Balinese-inspired treatments and traditional European therapies. Start your visit with the Taking of the Waters treatment which includes warm and cold plunge pools as well as steam and sauna rooms in both the women and men's private lounge areas. The women's area at Mandara Spa includes a relaxing aromatherapy room, perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation. If you are looking to start your vacation with a massage, choose from aroma stone therapy, deep tissue, Swedish, sports, and reflexology. Massages can also be enjoyed in the privacy of your own room at Atlantis Paradise Island Resort. Other popular treatments include facials, body treatments as well as salon services.
- Sandy Lane in Barbados: The Spa at Sandy Lane in Barbados offers its guests many facilities and an array of relaxing therapies. You will enter through an impressive marble reception area and staircases that lead to treatment suites, changing rooms and water therapies. Treatments are inspired by healing traditions from around the world, including Caribbean, North America, Europe and the Ayurvedic Philosophy from The Far East.
Stunning Pacific Island Spas
- Great Barrier Reef: If you are planning a luxury Australia vacation right on the Great Barrier Reef, take a look at Heron Island which offers a selection of suites and a relaxing health spa. Treatments at the Aqua Soul are inspired by the healing qualities of the sea. Signature services offer a blend of marine and other natural elements which will help you relax on your luxury getaway. The wellness center uses Sodashi and Phytomer skin care products. Sodashi features Australian plant essences and extracts, while Phytomer is marine-based. Point Suites are ideal if you want to see the reef right from your window. Sunsets are pretty great too. Wistari Suites offer the most privacy, located in a garden with ocean views.Heron Beachside Suites have glass sliding doors that open out to the reef.
- Moorea: Since the opening of its Manea Spa, the Moorea Pearl Resort has become a relaxing destination in Tahiti. Combine visits to the wellness center with sunbathing on the resort's white sandy beach to unwind on vacation. There is a staff of four masseuses and one masseur. Facilities include a hammam steam bath, three massage rooms, a shower room with four jets and a Vichy shower treatment room with two massage tables. Couples can book a side-by-side massage. Manea Spa offers authentic Tahitian treatments focused on relaxation and healing through holistic massage, body care and bath treatments. The proprietary line of products is based on fruits and botanicals native to the islands of Tahiti, including coconut, vanilla, sandalwood, umehei & monoi oils, pineapple and tamanu, ylang-ylang, gardenia, tiare, frangipani and jasmine.
Cyprus and Bermuda
- La Serena Spa in Bermuda: La Serena Spa, situated at the The Reefs in Bermuda, is a full-service wellness center offering an array of therapeutic and relaxing treatments. Specialties include authentic traditional Thai massage - this is the only place offering this particular type of massage in Bermuda. Choose from a range of massages, reflexology, body treatments, facials, pedicures and manicures. Massage service rates start from $85 for 50 minutes and from $135 for 85 minutes, including anti-stress, Swedish, Aroma-massage, Reiki, Pregnancy Massage, Sports Massage and reflexology. If you want to learn some massage techniques to use at home, sign up for the Couples Massage Lesson ($120 for 70 minutes) where each partner receives and learns about massage. Thai therapy is famous for evoking feelings of relaxation, peace of mind and happiness.