Old Edwards Inn is one of North Carolina high country's romantic inns, featuring a relaxing spa and Old-Europe architecture. The resort is situated on top of the southwest plateau of North Carolina's Blue Ridge Mountains, offering stunning views and access to many outdoor adventures. Whether you are looking to celebrate a special occasion at the romantic restaurant next to the waterfall, dine in the private wine cellar dining room, play golf or simply relax with a view, this is a beautiful vacation spot.
Hotel facilities include two heated outdoor swimming pools and a relaxing whirlpool. The poolside bar serves drinks and snacks which means that you never have to leave the sunny pool. Grab a quick lunch at Art's at the Lodge Coffee Cafe and Bar and play a game of croquet on the Croquet Lawn.
Rooms and Cottages
The hotel offers a diverse choice of accommodations. Guest rooms are furnished with period antiques, fine Italian linens and heated-tile floors in the bathroom. Ask for one of the rooms or suites with a private patio or terrace. You will receive champagne, fruit, room service, and more.
The historic part of the inn along Main Street offers deluxe rooms , porch suites, elegant one-bedrooms and luxury suites. Some of the private terraces have scenic rooftop views of Main Street and downtown Highlands. Spa enthusiasts should ask about the six spa suites which have a private elevator directly to the spa.
Guests have a choice of a variety of cottages at the Lodge at Old Edwards which offer great views, a wraparound rocking-chair porch and diverse layouts. There are four beautiful Lee Suites in the main lodge, and cozy cottages scattered through the property’s gardens.
- Church Street Cottages: Church Street Cottages are a favorite with families, featuring shady porches and warm interiors with wood and stone elements. English manor house decor makes you feel like you’ve been transported to Europe. Each cottage has bedrooms and separate common areas which makes them ideal for families and groups of travelers. If you are looking for girlfriends’ getaway ideas, these cottages are a great places to stay.
- Guest Estates - Rockwood Lodge: If you need extra space for a family reunion or a gathering with friends, these homes have great kitchens for making a family dinner. When you stay in one of these homes, you receive full access to all of the inn amenities. Rockwood Lodge is located 20 minutes from the inn. The lodge has eight bedrooms, several common areas and a chefs’ kitchen, perfect for entertaining. This stunning mountaintop lodge is surrounded by 350 acres abundant with forests and trout-filled lakes.
- Hutchinson House: The four-bedroom Hutchinson House is surrounded by natural water features, gazebos, grassy lawns and lush trees. The house is located just a block from the inn, giving you easy access to all of the facilities on the property, as well as shops, restaurants and cultural sites in the area.
- The Piermont Cottage: The Piermont Cottage is a Victorian-style estate with four bedrooms, a kitchen, a porch and a large terrace for relaxing.
Relax at the 25,000 square foot spa which uses herbs and botanicals from around the world and from the hotel’s own garden in its healing treatments. Spa facilities include a relaxing fireside lounge and a solarium where you can relax after a treatment. Indulge in rainfall showers, whirlpools and Swiss showers. The open-air treatment terrace is a relaxing spot for a massage during the warmer months. After a relaxing massage, stop at the Spa Café for a nourishing meal.
Old Edwards Golf Club
The private Old Edwards Club located in Highlands Cove has a 18-hole scenic golf course with streams and mountain valley views. The golf courses stretches along the Eastern Continental Divide, offering magnificent views. The Grill Room Restaurant and Bar in the Clubhouse is a perfect spot for a scenic lunch after a round of golf. The fireside patio has views of the first tee and 9th green.
There are several amazing dining choices at the inn, letting you sample fresh innovative North Carolina Mountain cuisine. Dishes are prepared using vegetables from the hotel garden and the local Highlands area.
- Madison's: Madison's is a The AAA Four-Diamond restaurant known for its fresh and sustainable ingredients. The wine cellar is available for intimate dinners of 12 guests, perfect for an anniversary or birthday celebration.
- The Wine Garden: Enjoy salads, sandwiches and entrees with tables right next to a waterfall, perfect for a romantic celebration. During the summer months, live music is offered on Friday and Saturday afternoons.
- The Grill Room: The Grill Room serves sandwiches, pastas and seafood with a view of the golf courses. Décor includes dark wood and leather touches. The restaurant often offers theme dinners, such as oyster roasts and Mexican fiestas. In the summer, there is lively outdoor BBQs and live music on the Chimney Terrace.
- Poolside dining: Choose from an assortment of sandwiches, fruit, salads and Panini while you are relaxing next to one of the pools.
- Art's at the Lodge coffee café and bar: Art's at the Lodge coffee café and bar is the newest eatery where you can have a casual snack on the rocking chair porch overlooking the croquet lawn.
- Hummingbird Lounge: The Hummingbird Lounge and Piano Bar serves pre- and post-dinner drinks in a relaxed atmosphere with signature live entertainment on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Spa Café: The Spa Café serves healthy, refreshing fare, a selection of premium teas, fresh juice and smoothies. Walls of windows retract to bring in the fresh mountain air during the warmer season.
About Highlands, North Carolina
Highlands is located at 4,118 feet in the Blue Ridge Mountains. The area offers many activities for outdoor enthusiasts, including biking, hiking and horseback riding. Old Edwards Inn and Spa is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and a must-see if you are touring the area. Visit the hotel's website or Get Rates.
Plan This Trip:
Location: 445 Main St. Highlands , North Carolina , United States , website, 866-526-8008