One of the oldest forms of entertainment around, the circus has given so much joy and excitement to audiences of all ages, all around the world, for many years now and continues to be popular in the modern era. New York City, a global haven of entertainment in all of its many forms and guises, is the perfect place to learn more about the craft of the circus, with live circus performances, events, and circus classes all available at The Muse Brooklyn.
The Muse Brooklyn - Circus Space in Brooklyn
A celebration of all things circus related, The Muse Brooklyn is NYC's premier circus space and circus community. A home for artists from far and wide, The Muse Brooklyn aims to allow anyone, of any age and from any walk of life, to engage with the circus however they want, through classes, events, and performances. Here are just some of the services offered by The Muse Brooklyn:
- Circus Classes - Aimed towards those aged 18 and above, the primary set of circus classes offered by The Muse Brooklyn covers all aspects of circus performance from aerial ropes and silks to lyra, German wheel, Chinese pole, handstands, juggling, wall running, hammock work, trapeze, tumbling, and more. The Muse Brooklyn offers a huge range of classes, ideal for people of all ages and ability levels, from beginners right up to pros, teaching you all you need to know about the art of circus performance. Taking circus classes in Brooklyn with The Muse is perfect for fitness, therapy, or simply just the fun and excitement of it all.
- Kids Classes - Learning circus skills can be so rewarding for kids of all ages. It's a great way for young people to stay fit and active, make new friends, and learn all kinds of unique skills that can help them in later life and maybe even inspire them to pursue a career in the circus or other performance art. Just like with the adult classes, there are lots of different options for kids circus classes in Brooklyn with The Muse. Examples include Ground Kids Cirque, which focuses on ground activities like tumbling and juggling, as well as Aerial Kids Cirque, which sees kids aged up to 12 take to the air in hammocks and wraps, learning and performing all kinds of aerial acrobatics and tricks.
- Community Classes - As well as offering regular circus classes for adults and kids, The Muse also runs Community Classes on a regular basis. Designed for those members of the local community and general public who want to take circus classes but can't necessarily afford to cover the costs, these classes offer open sessions of aerial silks, lyra, trapeze, hammocks, and juggling, with vinyasa yoga and modern jazz classes also open. To access the Community Circus Classes with The Muse, you'll need to apply for a scholarship, which can be done online.
- WorkStudy - The Muse also runs a WorkStudy program. Running for six months with two 4.5 hour shifts each week, this program lets you live and breathe circus life at one of NYC's leading circus destinations, working on-site at The Muse to greet guests and set up classes, as well as enjoying free access to open workout sessions at The Muse and ground circus classes too, along with free entry into workshops and discounts on events too.
- Raising The Bar - Those who really want to take their circus performance abilities to the next level can also opt for the Raising The Bar Pre-Professional Intensive Program. A highly intense course at The Muse, Raising The Bar is the best option for anyone who dreams of launching their own career in the circus and wants to train at a truly professional-grade level.
- Events and Shows - All through the year, the talented instructors and performers of The Muse put on various events and shows, featuring everything from the Evolving Artist Showcase, in which Muse's best students get to show off what they've learnt in a live stage performance, to the Kids Circus Summer Camp, in which little ones have fun together learning fun circus skills like juggling and hula hooping. The Muse also offers space rentals and can offer its performance services for your special events, livening up any occasion with an authentic circus display.
Visiting The Muse Brooklyn
Whether you're planning on taking circus classes in Brooklyn, attending a live circus performance, or preparing for a big event and searching for a perfect venue, The Muse Brooklyn is the place to be. Here's all you need to know about visiting:
- Location - The Muse Brooklyn is located at 350 Moffat Street, Brooklyn, NY 11237.
- Opening Times - The Muse Brooklyn is open from 9.30am to 10pm each and every day.
- Getting There - Those who choose to drive to The Muse Brooklyn will find parking spaces on site. Meanwhile, if you prefer to rely on public transport, you can catch the L train to the Wilson Ave stop and then walk just one block over to The Muse Brooklyn.
- Contact - To get in touch with The Muse Brooklyn, call 929 400 1678 or visit their website.