Walrus and Carpenter is a family-owned and operated restaurant serving up Southern-style American cuisine paired with American craft beers, wines, and spirits. Walrus and Carpenter offers a solid menu that has an assortment of dishes to please even the pickiest eater. Located in the Black Rock neighborhood of Bridgeport, CT, Walrus and Carpenter is a welcome addition to the neighborhood, offering a place where people can enjoy good food in a comfortable environment.
Walrus and Carpenter operates 6 days a weeks. Specific days and hours of operation are as follows:
Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Tuesday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Thursday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Reservations can be made by calling the restaurant directly at (203) 333-2733.
· Walrus and Carpenter serves brunch, lunch, and dinner with a happy hour menu offered Wednesday to Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. The menu serves up food from the American South that is centered on smoked meats and American beers and wines. Menu options are as follows:
· Brunch/Lunch - Pulled pork eggs Benedict, black coffee breakfast, bourbon pecan waffles; the Three-course Notorious Pig, sandwiches, large and small plates, sides, bar snacks, red and white wine by the glass, and table cocktails.
· Dinner - The dinner menu expands on the lunch menu with additional offerings such as daily Blue Plate specials and an assortment of dinner entrees such as pork gnocchi, jambalaya, roasted chicken, whole grilled trout, Denver steak, Tennessee hot chicken sandwich, and more.
· Happy Hour - Menu is available Wednesday to Friday from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Menu offerings include draft beer, well drinks, chardonnay, and pinot noir as well as bar food such as poutine, smoked chicken wings, and more.
· Beverages - Walrus and Carpenter has an extensive red and white wine list as well as a craft beer and cocktails and spirits menu.
Stay abreast of the latest events offered by Walrus and Carpenter. From jazz nights to special holiday events, Walrus and Carpenter always has a special event happening to keep its patrons thoroughly entertained. For a full updated listing of events at Walrus and Carpenter, visit the restaurant’s website.
Walrus and Carpenter has successfully provided catering and private event services throughout Connecticut to New York City. Catering services are available for a wide variety of events, such as birthday or graduation parties, wedding rehearsals, family barbeques, or office parties. Customers are offered an assortment of menus to choose from when planning for their catering needs. Some of the catering menu options include:
· Group takeout
· Hors d’oeuvres
· Bar catering
Walrus and Carpenter can also serve as a venue for private events if so desired. With two private dining rooms, Walrus and Carpenter has the resources to create the private dining atmosphere of choice for any special occasion or event.
For more information about catering or private dining services at Walrus and Carpenter, contact (203) 333-2733 .
The Walrus and Carpenter store contains namesake merchandise as well as gift certificates for purchase. Customers can purchase apparel such as t-shirts, hoodies, and hats. Gift certificates are also available from $25 to $500. Gift certificates are sent via standard mail.
Walrus + Carpenter, 2895 Fairfield Avenue, Black Rock, CT 06605, website, Phone: 203-333-2733