The Bahamas lie to the east of Florida and are a popular tourist destination for visitors from the United States and from other countries. Nassau is the largest city and the capital of the Bahamas. One of the appeals of visiting Nassau is its year round warm and pleasant climate. Even during the winter, the temperatures do not dip significantly. The peak season is between December and May and many consider this the best time to visit Nassau, Bahamas. This is the time when the temperatures are warm, it can be crowded, and room rates are at their highest. Between May and October, the temperatures are still pleasant, and although it’s the rainy season, Nassau sees 300 days of sunshine per year. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Nassau Weather & Temperature by Month
© Courtesy of Costin79 - Fotolia.com
In January, Nassau receives its coldest temperatures in the year with the average low and average high temperature measuring in at 63°F (17°C) and 77°F (25°C) respectively. Additionally, January receives the lowest precipitation rate annually with just 70 mm of expected rainfall.
February sees both the average low and average high temperatures remaining exactly the same at 63°F (17°C) and 77°F (25°C).
In March, the high temperature average sees a small increase to 79°F (26°C). Similarly, the low temperature average also sees a small increase to 64°F (18°C).
April sees the precipitation average increase slightly as Johannesburg receives about 80 mm of rainfall. Meanwhile, the average high temperature rises to 81°F (27°C) just as the average low temperature increases to 66°F (19°C).
Nassau Weather in May: The climate continues to warm in May, which also brings the start of Nassau’s lean season. The average high temperature increases to 84°F (29°C). Low temperatures increase significantly to 72°F (22°C).
June marks the beginning of summer and brings with it high temperatures nearing the 90s at 88°F (31°C). The low temperature averages creep up to 73°F (23°C).
In July, Nassau receives its warmest temperatures of the year. The average low and average high temperatures measure in at 75°F (24°C) and 90°F (32°C). July also receives the highest precipitation averages of the year with 220 of rainfall to be expected. Additionally, it’s the best month of the year to hit the beaches with the average sea temperature at a pleasant 84°F (29°C).
August is a beautiful and sunny month in Nassau with 10 hours of daily average sunshine. The high and low temperatures remain the same this month at 90°F (32°C) and 75°F (24°C) respectively.
Nassau Weather in September: Nassau’s climate in September is warm and rainy with precipitation averages quite high at 200 mm. The average high temperature decreases by a few degrees to 88°F (31°C) while the average low temperature remains the same at 75°F (24°C).
In October, Nassau receives long sunny days with an 8-hour average of daily sunshine. The low temperature average and high temperature average range between 72°F (22°C) and 86°F (30°C).
November sees temperatures cooling to 82°F (28°C) for the average high temperature and 70°F (21°C) for the average low temperature.
In December, Nassau receives the lowest daily average of sunshine of 7 hours. The average high temperature drops to 79°F (26°C) while the average low temperature sinks to 64°F (18°C).
There is, without a doubt, no bad time to head to the Bahamas for a fabulous vacation. Overall, the weather in Nassau stays consistent, however for travelers who are headed to the Bahamas to enjoy the best of its beach parties and festivities, the best time to visit is in March or April. To enjoy the best hotel deals in Nassau, however, the best time to come is between May and October when accommodations around the area slash prices by up to 60%. The best all-around experience – great prices, beautiful weather and little crowds – can be enjoyed in June.
2.Getting to Nassau
© Courtesy of worachatsodsri - Fotolia.com
Many people arrive by plane at the Lynden Pindling International Airport. There are many shops, restaurants, outdoor patios, play areas, and other services and facilities at this airport. There are more than fifteen international and domestic airlines that fly in and out of this airport. Another way to visit Nassau is by cruise ship. Cruise ships arrive at the Prince George Dock: there are four cruise lines that come and go from Nassau’s port. There are chartered air services that will bring you from the outer islands into Nassau, and the Bahamas Ferry services offer transportation from several islands to Nassau.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round" Back to Top
3.Getting From the Airport
© Courtesy of cenz07 - Fotolia.com
There are several ways to get from the Lynden Pindling International Airport into the city of Nassau. There are several car rental agencies that offer sedans, SUVs, and other types of vehicles. They also offer limousine services. Using the services of a taxi is another choice when arriving at the airport. There are many taxis waiting outside of both the international and the domestic terminals. You can either ask the driver to use the meter, or you can negotiate a fare from the airport to your destination. Another way to get into the city is to pre-arrange a ride with one of the many tour companies.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round" Back to Top
4.Getting Around Nassau, Bahamas
© Courtesy of Ruth P. Peterkin - Fotolia.com
Nassau is a fun place to visit and there are several ways to get around and see all of its attractions. If you have rented a car at the airport, you can use this to see the city: remember to drive on the left. Taxis are another option within the city. You can call for a pickup or you can hail a taxi on the street. Ask the driver to use the meter: this is the best option when using a taxi within the city. There are public buses which are often referred to as “jitneys.” These vehicles generally have 32 seats and travel around the city and the island.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round this Weekend with Friends" Back to Top or More places to see near me today, what to do, weekend trips
© Courtesy of f11photo - Fotolia.com
Nassau gives visitors many choices when it comes to dining out. There are fine dining restaurants where celebrity chefs offer their latest creations. Many people enjoy more casual dining like beachfront al fresco cafes in order to both enjoy the food and the pleasant balmy weather. In Nassau you can find classic French cuisine, simple Italian fare, Asian-fusion cuisine, and local Bahamian dishes. Bahamian cuisine is a tasty blend of British, Spanish, and West African influences. There are also many ethnic cuisines that are represented by the restaurants in Nassau such as Brazilian, Chinese, Greek, Jamaican, Japanese, and many more.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round this Weekend" Back to Top or Restaurants near me, stuff to do near me
© Courtesy of Celso Diniz - Fotolia.com
Many visitors enjoy shopping during their visit to Nassau. People who arrive by cruise ships head straight for shopping venues to find souvenirs and other items. Most of Nassau’s shops are located on Bay Street between the British Colonial Hotel and Rawson Square: there are also many shops on the side streets off Bay Street. The Marina Village on Paradise Island is a good place to find souvenirs as well as luxury items at shops such as Bulgari, Cartier, and others. Many visitors enjoy exploring the Nassau Straw Market. Here you can find handmade Bahamian crafts such as straw bags, dolls, and hats as well as conch shell jewelry.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round" Back to Top or More must do for couples, what to do near me, places to visit this weekend
7.Getting Married in Nassau, Bahamas
© Courtesy of chachanit - Fotolia.com
Nassau is a beautiful location for a wedding. It is relatively easy to get married in the Bahamas. You need a marriage license and you must be in the Bahamas for at least 24 hours before you can get married. You can apply for a marriage license at the Registrar General on Frederic Street. Nassau offers a variety of wedding venues such as boutique hotels, resorts, or weddings held right on a sandy beach. Atlantis Resort is the premier wedding location in the Bahamas: this hotel is one of the most amazing destinations in the world. Other choices include the British Colonial Hilton Nassau, Graycliff Hotel, Sandy Toes, and more.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round" Back to Top or More tourism, attractions for couples, food, things to see near me today
, From LA
8.Where to Stay
© Courtesy of monticellllo - Fotolia.com
Fortunately for visitors, Nassau offers a variety of choices for accommodations. The most famous property is the Atlantis Paradise Island resort with its 19 bars and lounges, 21 restaurants, 11 swimming pools, 20 million gallon water park, 18 hole golf course, and the largest casino in the Caribbean. The British Colonial Hilton Nassau is a historic hotel opened in 1923: it is a grand colonial building that has been renovated and is now a five star luxury property. If you are looking for less expensive accommodations, there are some very quaint and affordable bed and breakfasts like Dillet’s Guest House and A Stone’s Throw Away.
Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round
- Nassau Weather & Temperature by Month, Photo: Courtesy of Costin79 - Fotolia.com
- Getting to Nassau, Photo: Courtesy of worachatsodsri - Fotolia.com
- Getting From the Airport, Photo: Courtesy of cenz07 - Fotolia.com
- Getting Around Nassau, Bahamas, Photo: Courtesy of Ruth P. Peterkin - Fotolia.com
- Restaurants, Photo: Courtesy of f11photo - Fotolia.com
- Shopping, Photo: Courtesy of Celso Diniz - Fotolia.com
- Getting Married in Nassau, Bahamas, Photo: Courtesy of chachanit - Fotolia.com
- Where to Stay, Photo: Courtesy of monticellllo - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Ruth P. Peterkin - Fotolia.com
More Ideas: Kamalame Cay
The Caribbean Sea is the closest thing we have to paradise on Earth. A special part of the world, filled with warm waters, coral reefs, tropical life, beautiful beaches, and amazing island destinations, the Caribbean is the ultimate vacation destination for people of all ages and from all walks of life.
The Bahamas is almost a microcosm of the entire Caribbean region. Spread out across more than 700 islands and cays, this fascinating and dreamy destination is the perfect place to see, feel, and experience all that the area has to offer, and one of the most luxurious private island resorts in the Bahamas can be found at Kamalame Cay.
Kamalame Cay - All Inclusive Bahamas Resort
One of the best rated, all inclusive resorts in the Bahamas, Kamalame Cay is a private island paradise just off the Andros Great Barrier Reef. It's spread out across 96 acres in total, welcoming only 70 guests at a time, providing total peace, privacy, and intimacy for all, and it can bring your Caribbean dreams to life.
- The Resort - Kamalame Cay is an all inclusive resort offering private white sand beaches, tropical jungles, and beautiful coconut palm groves, with the whole island dotted with beautiful, luxurious bungalows, cottages, and villas. Offering total seclusion and inimitable intimacy for every guest, this resort provides comfortable lodgings, world class cuisine, and many additional services and amenities for the enjoyment of all. The whole place is family owned and operated too, with the cay being purchased by Jamaican born couple Brian and Jennifer back in 1994. At the time, it was totally empty, but Brian and Jennifer worked hard to transform the space into something extra special, while still preserving its innate charms and identity.
- The Rooms and Suites - This beautiful Bahamas resort features a grand total of 27 seaside rooms and suites, all spread out across a stunning array of wooden beach houses, traditional bungalows, and charming cottages. The rooms and suites are spacious and gorgeously designed, decorated with light, airy tones, illuminated with natural light through large windows to feel like a genuine part of the island itself. The Beach Bungalow rooms measure up to 660 square feet, looking out over the waters of the island's northern coast, featuring 16-foot high ceilings, cedar shingle roofs, natural accents, a wet bar, a King size bed, and more. The Cottage Suites, meanwhile, offer 700 square feet of space and are mere meters from the warm waters of the Caribbean Sea.
- The Villas - Those looking for even more space, comfort, and luxury while spending some time at Kamalame Cay on their Bahamas vacation may want to opt for a private villa rental instead. Kamalame Cay is one of the few Bahamas destinations when you can truly feel like you're living out your own private island fantasy, able to spend your days out on the beaches and exploring the jungle, before retreating to your own two-bed or four-bed beach front villa. All offering magnificent, unbeatable views over the beach and sea, these intimate retreats are fitted with all the luxuries and conveniences you could hope to find in your own private island rental.
- Dining at Kamalame Cay - Guests at Kamalame Cay will be able to head over to the stunning Great House for breakfast and dinner each day. Decorated with lovely antiques and classic books, this is the main restaurant of the island, providing both indoor and outdoor tables and serving up some of the freshest and best seafood in the Bahamas, as well as imported meats and locally sourced fruit and vegetables. For those in search of something lighter and more casual, the Tiki Bar & Beach Club is the place to be. Right by the cay's white sand beach, this little tiki bar is perfect for enjoying a delicious lunch or juicy cocktail.
- Amenities and Features of Kamalame Cay - Along with its own bar and restaurant, Kamalame Cay can also boast of having its very own, private island spa. Trained, professional therapists will be ready and waiting to soothe your mind, body, and soul with an array of relaxing, luxurious, pampering treatments including body scrubs, brightening facials, and deep tissue massages. Kamalame Cay also hosts diving classes and sessions for those want to head out beneath the waves of the Caribbean Sea and explore the bright blue depths, along with helping you organize and enjoy a range of watersports and other activities. Not only that, but Kamalame Cay can also be an idyllic wedding and events venue, and hosts special Wine Pairing Luncheon events as well.
You are reading "Best Time to Visit Bahamas - Nassau, Weather Year Round " Back to Top