The state of Massachusetts was one of the earlier states to see a boom in drive-in theaters. Massachusetts was the home of one of the country’s first five drive-in movie theaters, as well as home to four of the first fifteen outdoor theaters in the United State. During the height of the drive-in era, the state boasted almost ninety drive-ins. Sadly, the number of these outdoor movie venues has steadily declined since the 1950’s, and there are just four drive-in theaters left in the whole state of Massachusetts. Certain attractions may be temporarily closed or require advance reservations. Some restaurants are currently offering pickup only. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Leicester Triple Drive-in
2.Mendon Twin Drive-in
4 Best Drive-in Theaters in Massachusetts
- Leicester Triple Drive-in, Photo: Leicester Triple Drive-in
- Mendon Twin Drive-in, Photo: Mendon Twin Drive-in
- Northfield Drive-in, Photo: Northfield Drive-in
- Wellfleet Drive-in, Photo: Wellfleet Drive-in
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of ktsdesign - Fotolia.com
More Ideas in MA: The Inn at Hastings Park
There's so much history to be seen and felt all around New England, and that's a big part of why so many people are drawn to the area. It was in states like Massachusetts where the first English settlers arrived on American soil, founding the earliest towns and settlements and paving the way for the future of the United States of America.
It was in Lexington, MA, just northwest of Boston, that the very first shot of the American Revolutionary War was fired, and there are dozens of simply fascinating historical sites to explore and admire around the area, as well as a lot of beautiful scenery and traditional New England hospitality to enjoy as well. If you're looking for a great place to stay in Lexington, MA, The Inn at Hastings Park could be the perfect place for you.
The Inn at Hastings Park
A luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Lexington, The Inn at Hastings Park has been ranked among the 'World's Best' by Travel + Leisure, as well as being a Reader's Choice location for Conde Nast Traveler and appearing in the 'Best of Boston' rankings for Boston Magazine. It's one of the most luxurious hotels in Lexington, offering top class accommodation, fine dining, outstanding service, and excellent events hosting too.
- Location - The Inn at Hastings Park is located right in the heart of historic Lexington, the starting point of the American Revolutionary War and home to many unique historic sites like the Minuteman Statue and Revolutionary Monument, honoring those who fought against the British. The nearby Hancock Clarke House is a must-visit spot for anyone interested in the story of Lexington's role in the revolution, and the Buckman Tavern is another Revolutionary War site worthy of exploration out on the town's Battle Green. Key sites like the Old Belfry and the Hancock Clarke House are actually within walking distance of The Inn at Hastings Park, and there are several stores, a gas station, a day spa, and some restaurants and cafés nearby too.
- Rooms and Suites at The Inn at Hastings Park - The Inn at Hastings Park can boast of a total of 22 guest rooms and suites, spread out across three stunningly restored historic buildings. The Main House dates back to 1888, while the Isaac Mulliken House and its Barn have history going back even earlier to 1841. There are various room types available, each one designed and decorated to the highest standard, featuring bright and airy spaces, luxury beds, plush mattresses, and unique features like fireplaces, artwork, cozy seating areas, and much more. Standard in-room amenities at The Inn at Hastings Park include 42-inch LG TVs, Frette bed linens and towels, free wireless internet, Molton Brown bath products, an iPhone docking station, daily housekeeping services, room service, and more.
- Fine Dining at The Inn at Hastings Park - There are several highly rated restaurants in Lexington, MA, and The Inn at Hastings Park is home to one of the very best: Town Meeting. Formerly known as Artistry on the Green, Town Meeting is one of the best rated restaurants in Lexington. Making use of fresh, seasonal ingredients to offer delicious meals that really reflect the culture, cuisine, and standards of New England, with a special twist that helps to make the restaurant really stand out, Town Meeting is absolutely idyllic for everything from fun meals with family and friends to more romantic and intimate encounters with a special someone.
- Events at The Inn at Hastings Park - Various events are held throughout the year at The Inn at Hastings Park, including special dinners and afternoon teas, and the inn is also one of the best private events venues in Lexington too. No matter whether you're planning a social gathering with friends, a fairy tale wedding, or a corporate event, The Inn at Hastings Park can bring it to life and has been classed as one of the best wedding venues near Boston. The inn's living room and salon spaces can be rented out for half or full-day events and guests can enjoy the suites and rooms of the inn in the evenings, as well as full-service catering and planning throughout the day.
The Inn at Hastings Park is located at 2027 Massachusetts Avenue. Lexington, MA 02421. To get in touch with the inn, you can call 781 301 6660 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the official site to reserve your stay today at this boutique Lexington hotel.
You are reading "4 Best Drive-in Theaters in Massachusetts " Back to Top