Today, more than 500 casinos are operated across the country, generating an annual revenue of more than $240 billion. For East Coast tourists, these 16 casinos are located an easy drive from New York City and offer slot machines, table games, racebooks, and a variety of resort amenities and attractions.
1. Mount Airy Casino Resort
2. Tropicana Atlantic City
3. Bally’s Atlantic City
5. Caesars Atlantic City
6. Empire City
7. Foxwoods Casino Resort
8. Golden Nugget Atlantic City Hotel, Casino & Marina
9. Hard Rock Hotel Casino Atlantic City
10. Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
11. Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
12. Mohegan Sun
13. Parx Casino and Racing
14. Resorts Casino Hotel
15. Resorts World Casino New York City
16. Sands Casino Resort
What are the 16 Best Casinos Near NYC?
The 16 Best Casinos Near NYC according to local experts are:
- Mount Airy Casino Resort
- Tropicana Atlantic City
- Bally’s Atlantic City
- Caesars Atlantic City
- Empire City
- Foxwoods Casino Resort
- Golden Nugget Atlantic City Hotel, Casino & Marina
- Hard Rock Hotel Casino Atlantic City
- Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
- Mohegan Sun at Pocono Downs
- Mohegan Sun
- Parx Casino and Racing
- Resorts Casino Hotel
- Resorts World Casino New York City
- Sands Casino Resort
More Ideas: The Garment District
New York City is known for many things. It's a hub of culture and entertainment, absolutely filled with museums, galleries, comedy clubs, sports bars, live entertainment venues, theaters, and more. It's also one of the most touristic cities on the planet, renowned for its high profile landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Building. It's a place for fine dining and urban exploration of all kinds, and it's also, without a doubt, one of the best places to go shopping anywhere in the world.
Right alongside the likes of London, Paris, and Milan, New York City is one of the key fashion capitals, with many big brands, designers, and labels operating in the Big Apple. Major fashion shows are held there each and every year and there are so many stores and boutiques for shopping enthusiasts to enjoy, especially in the Garment District, the best place to go shopping in New York City.
Visiting The Garment District NYC
The Garment District, also sometimes referred to as the Fashion District or the Garment Center, is a neighborhood situated in Manhattan, running from Fifth Ave and Ninth Ave over to 34th and 42nd St. It's the heart of fashion in NYC and arguably the biggest fashion center in the entire world.
Huge fashion labels and major designers including Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera, and Oscar de la Renta have showrooms and production facilities in the Garment District, and many other international designers and labels have stores there too. There's even a Fashion Walk of Fame, and here’s all you need to know about visiting the Garment District in NYC.
- How To Get To Garment District - If you're new to New York, you don't need to worry. Getting to the Garment District is a lot easier than you might think. It's situated right in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, with easy access to all transportation networks around the city and beyond. No less than 16 different subway lines connect to the Garment District, with dozens of buses stopping in the area too. Those traveling from further away can make use of the Long Island Rail Road, NJ Transit, and Metro North to reach the Garment District too.
- The Fashion Walk of Fame - One of the top things to do in the Garment District, especially for tourists and those who are visiting for the first time, is to take a walk along the Fashion Walk of Fame. Just like the Hollywood Walk of Fame which features stars for celebrities, the Fashion Walk of Fame in NYC is dedicated to icons of the fashion industry, with plaques embedded right into the sidewalk, adorned with the names of famous creators. From 41st St to 40th St, for example, you can find the plaques of Marc Jacobs and Betsey Johnson. The likes of Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren can be spotted on 40th and 39th, and there are plenty more to discover along the walk as well.
- Walking Tours - One of the best ways to see and enjoy all the Garment District has to offer is to take a walking tour. There are free Garment District walking tours held on a regular basis through Mike's NYC Tours. The tour lasts for up to two hours and will take you all around the district, with your friendly guide, Mike Kaback, taking you around, teaching you about the history of the fashion industry in NYC, pointing out some of the hidden treasures of the area, and telling you stories from his own past in the area. There are dedicated shopping tours and historical tours to choose from too, as well as online resources like Destination Midtown to help you plan your own self-guided walking tour of the Garment District.
- Shopping - There are simply hundreds of fashion stores, brands, and businesses to be found around the Garment District, and it's easily one of the top spots to go shopping in NYC. You can find absolutely everything here, from casual attire and sportswear to elegant dresses an eveningwear for any occasion. From the delicate lingerie of Victoria's Secret to the 11 floors of shopping heaven in Macy's Herald Square and even superhero stories over at Midtown Comics, there’s something for everyone here. New arrivals will be simply overwhelmed by the sheer quantity of stores all around them, and it can be worth signing up for a shopping tour to get the best experience.
- Food and Drink - The Garment District is best known for its fashion stores and showrooms, but it's one of NYC's best dining spots too. You can find everything here, from the fine Italian dining of Arno Ristorante (141 W 38th St) to classic American fare of Parker & Quinn (64 W 39th St) and the Korean BBQ delights of Gogi 37 (252 W 37th St. Tapas, Basque, Mediterranean, Cuban, Asian, and many other restaurants can be found around the area too. There are also dozens of great bars in the Garment District like Stitch Bar & Lounge (247 W 37th St), plus lots of cozy cafes for light bites and drinks like Café Grumpy (200 W 39th St).
You are reading "16 Best Casinos Near NYC " Back to Top
More Ideas: Larkin Square
All around America, we’re seeing industrial, disused, and overlooked areas being given new purposes. This process is turning places like old, abandoned warehouses into thriving hubs of culture and entertainment, and one of the very best examples of this can be seen in Larkinville, a small area of Buffalo in New York.
Situated near Downtown Buffalo, Larkinville was once an industrial area, dominated by the large complex of warehouses and facilities of the Larkin Soap Company. The area has history dating all the way back to the 1820s, but in the 1950s, the Larkin Company went out of business and the area was largely ignored for many years.
In recent times, however, this area has been entirely renovated and revitalized, home to one of Buffalo's best event venues, meeting places, and public gathering areas: Larkin Square. Hosting all kinds of events and concerts throughout the year, Larkin Square has swiftly become one of New York State's leading hangout spots.
Larkin Square - Events in Buffalo, NY
Larkin Square is situated right in the heart of Larkinville and opened up in 2012. Surrounded by the many former warehouses of the Larkin Company, Larkin Square is a whimsical open public space that plays host to all kinds of communal gatherings throughout the year. Here's all you need to know about Larkin Square:
- Location - Larkin Square's official address is 745 Seneca Street, Buffalo, NY 14210. The square can be found at the intersection of Seneca, Swan, and Van Rensselaer Streets, just a mile away from the First Niagara Center.
- Parking - If you choose to drive to Larkin Square, you'll find free parking at the various lots around the area during scheduled events. The lots are situated all along Exchange St and over the street from Larkin Square itself.
- Getting There - If you prefer to rely on public transport to get to Larkin Square, you can take the Metro Rail over to the Church St Station and then catch the number 15 NFTA bus to Larkin Square.
- Contact - If you'd like to get in touch with the Larkin Square team with queries about your visit or another related matter, you can call 716 362 2665 or fill out an online contact form. You can also stay up to date with all Larkin Square news by following the square’s social media accounts.
- Private Events at Larkin Square - If you're planning a private event in Buffalo, NY, Larkin Square might be the perfect place to host it. This is easily one of the best wedding venues in Buffalo, and it's also perfectly well-suited for corporate events, social gatherings, family reunions, and so much more. The local Filling Station restaurant will do all the catering you need and the Larkin Square events team can work with you to bring your unique event vision to life, planning out every detail to perfection. Larkin Square offers more than enough outdoor space for huge events with lots of guests, and you can get in touch with the team through phone or email to learn more.
- Food Truck Tuesdays - Running from April through to October, Food Truck Tuesdays are one of the hottest food events in all of Buffalo and a great way to enjoy delicious artisan foods and craft drinks in a vibrant and beautiful setting. Each Tuesdays, from 5pm to 8pm, many food trucks appear all around Larkin Square. Free parking is offered to all and you'll find a great range of food styles available from classic BBQ fare and burgers to salads, soups, Caribbean dishes, falafel, wraps, crepes, hot dogs, and more.
- KeyBank Live At Larkin - All through the summer months, the KeyBank Live At Larkin concerts give Buffalo locals and visitors to enjoy some super music and fun times in the heart of the city. Sponsored by Independent Health, these live music events occur every Wednesday from 5pm through to 8.30pm, with wine and craft beers served alongside delicious food truck offerings. Admission is totally free and the music on stage can vary from blues and jazz to Rolling Stones tribute acts and much more.
- Larkin Square Authors & Speakers - If you're a big reader with an interest in the literary world, the Larkin Square Authors & Speakers is one of the top events for you in Buffalo, NY. This event sees various authors appear for discussions and Q&A sessions about their works, their process, and the literary world at large.
- The Filling Station - The premier restaurant of Larkin Square, the Filling Station is open for lunch all through the week from 11am to 3pm, as well as offering catering for private events and serving delicious meals and drinks for special occasions too. You’ll find salads, appetizers, sandwiches, and more at the Filling Station, with super service and high quality ingredients every time.
You are reading "16 Best Casinos Near NYC " Back to Top
More Ideas: Floating Farmhouse
Whenever you plan a trip away, there are many different factors to consider. Your destination, your mode of transport, your itinerary, and more all need to be thought about in preparation for your trip, but one of the biggest and most important aspects of any getaway is the accommodation.
Your 'home away from home' truly needs to feel like home, or else the whole trip can be ruined. Staying somewhere beautiful, comfortable, and luxurious can make any trip a thousand times better, providing the magical memories and sound nights of sleep you need to have a wonderful time.
If you're heading out to the Catskills, one of the most naturally beautifully and culturally rich locations in all of Upstate New York, one of the most luxurious and unforgettable places you can stay is, without a doubt, the Floating Farmhouse.
All About the Floating Farmhouse - Luxury Catskills Accommodation
Just two hours outside the hustle and bustle of NYC, settled snugly among the Catskills, the Floating Farmhouse is a stunning manor house, surrounded by beautiful scenery, decorated to a regal standard, and equipped with all the luxuries and comforts you could possibly imagine. It's one of the best luxury accommodation rentals in the Catskills, offering 5-star stays for guests of all ages.
- The Setting - The Floating Farmhouse is located in the Catskills, just a couple of hours away from New York City. A soothing swimming creek runs beside the property, with trees, wilderness, and outstanding views all around. A little waterfall can be seen nearby, flowing over an old hand-laid dam. The property is surrounded by pristine lawns, stunning pine trees, and more, fitted with a large porch to sit and relax, and a beautiful gazebo for special events or meals with the family.
- The Interior - This 1820 Catskills manor retains many of its original features, fused seamlessly with contemporary class and elegance. Hardwood floors and stunning ceiling beams offer a rustic edge, while the 52" flat screen TV, neutral tones, enormous wood-fired oven, industrial style bath fittings, and more help to give the property a truly unique sense of style.
- Bedrooms - You'll find no less than five separate bedrooms at the Floating Farmhouse. The master suite is fitted with ancient wooden beams, a wood-burning fireplace, a king-sized bed, and its own en-suite bathroom, while the additional bedrooms all have charms, features, and personalities of their own.
- The Kitchen - One of the most popular and impressive rooms of the house, the kitchen immediately stands out with its high ceilings and exceptionally beautiful glass wall, offering remarkable views out onto the lawn and letting a lot of light in all through the day. The kitchen is equipped with a 48" commercial range, a huge dining table, a modern sound system to let you play your favorite tunes, under-floor heating, and more.
- Exclusive Unique Services - The Floating Farmhouse offers more than just a luxury vacation rental space; it also comes with exclusive VIP services as optional extras to make your stay even more special. Guests who choose to stay at the Floating Farmhouse can choose to have their own personal chef preparing high quality, gourmet meals for them each day, and you can also elect to have your own yoga instructor on-site for soothing sessions in one of the most beautiful and relaxing locations on Earth.
The Floating Farmhouse is one of the best private rentals in the Catskills. Not only is it in a great location, it has also been very tastefully decorated and designed to an impeccable standard. Aimed at providing the best possible getaway experiences, the Floating Farmhouse even comes with the option of your own private chef, all for great, competitive rates. It’s a prime destination for your Upstate New York vacation.
The Floating Farmhouse for Weddings and Private Events
As well as being a luxury accommodation location for trips to the Catskills, the Floating Farmhouse can also be rented out as a prime wedding venue or private event hosting location. The beautiful setting and outstanding facilities of the Floating Farmhouse lend themselves well to weddings, and the manor has successfully hosted several weddings and other special events in the past. Advantages of the Floating Farmhouse as a luxury Upstate New York wedding venue include:
- Proximity to NYC - The Floating Farmhouse is only a couple of hours away from New York City, making it highly convenient for all your friends and family
- Natural Setting - The beautiful scenery and views help to provide a very romantic and beautiful setting for wedding day photoshoots and more.
- The Perfect Blend - Many couples choose to plan weddings in Upstate New York, but are often forced to choose between rustic locations like barns and farmhouses, and more luxurious resorts. The Floating Farmhouse provides the perfect blend of both rustic atmosphere and contemporary class.
The Floating Farmhouse is the perfect location for your wedding or other special event in Upstate New York, offering all the features and facilities you need. A full wedding brochure is available to help you learn more via the official Floating Farmhouse site, and you can contact the team any team to start laying out the details of your wedding and planning it all out.