Lighthouse fans will find a diverse selection of beautiful lighthouses all around Canada. Some are historic structures in remote places while others are popular museums, restaurants and hotels. Plan a weekend getaway or a day trip and explore these fascinating lighthouses in Canada. Certain attractions may be temporarily closed or require advance reservations. Some restaurants are currently offering pickup only. Hours/availability may have changed.
2.West Point Lighthouse
3.Peggy's Cove Lighthouse
4.Cape Spear Lighthouse
5.Lighthouse on the Green
6.Covehead Harbour Lighthouse
8.Pointe Riche Lighthouse
9.Cape Jourimain Lighthouse
12.Ogden Point Lighthouse
13.Pointe a la Renommee Lighthouse
14.Cape Tryon Lighthouse
15.Head Harbour Lighthouse
16.Wood Islands Lighthouse
16 of the Most Beautiful Lighthouses in Canada
- Fort Rodd, Photo: Courtesy of Doug Schnurr - Fotolia.com
- West Point Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of smcfeeters - Fotolia.com
- Peggy's Cove Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of vlad_g- Fotolia.com
- Cape Spear Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of cookiesfordevo - Fotolia.com
- Lighthouse on the Green, Photo: Courtesy of GVictoria - Fotolia.com
- Covehead Harbour Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of Natalia Bratslavsky - Fotolia.com
- Fisgard Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of Jenny Thompson - Fotolia.com
- Pointe Riche Lighthouse, Photo: Town of Port au Choix/Facebook
- Cape Jourimain Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of Elenathewise - Fotolia.com
- Pictou Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of golfbasketballer - Fotolia.com
- Lighthouse Park, Photo: Courtesy of schulzfoto - Fotolia.com
- Ogden Point Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of pr2is- Fotolia.com
- Pointe a la Renommee Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of NoraDoa - Fotolia.com
- Cape Tryon Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of onepony - Fotolia.com
- Head Harbour Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of Natalia Bratslavsky - Fotolia.com
- Wood Islands Lighthouse, Photo: Courtesy of Petrov Vadim - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Jenny Thompson - Fotolia.com
More Ideas: The Ferg
With big cities, dense forests, stunning coastal areas, and more, there's a lot to see all around the many provinces of Canada, but Prince Edward County definitely stands out as one of the very best places to visit.
Effectively an island in the northern part of Lake Ontario, 'the county', as it is known to locals, is just a couple of hours away from Toronto. It's an idyllic island getaway for Canadian residents and a beautiful place for other visitors from all over the world as well, beloved for its many wineries, vibrant art scene, top class restaurants, and beautiful natural spaces like Sandbanks provincial park.
A veritable dream land for everyone from creative people looking for some inspiration to couples in search of a little romance, Prince Edward County is an unmissable part of any Canadian vacation, and one of the best places to stay in the county is The Ferg.
The Ferg - Luxury Accommodation in Prince Edward County
The Ferg is the name of a beautiful, bespoke property in a prime location in Prince Edward County. The property has been standing since the mid-19th century and has played home to many people over the years until it was purchased by a pair of lifelong friends, Anna and Jaime.
Having grown up together in Ottawa and spent many childhood summers out in Prince Edward County, Anna and Jaime continued to visit the county in later life. On one of their many trips, they discovered The Ferg, fell in love with it, and decided to buy it.
From there, they curated, designed, and decorated the property to meet their standards and are now sharing it with the world, giving travelers from far and wide a true home away from home in Prince Edward County.
- Location - The Ferg is situated right in the heart of Prince Edward County wine country, ideally placed for visits to vineyards, great quality restaurants, and more. It’s right by the charming town of Picton, which is home to some of the best restaurants and most interesting little shops in the whole of the county.
- Things To Do - Due to The Ferg’s prime location, there are plenty of things to do in the local area. The sky’s the limit for guests to this property, so no matter whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway at the beach or little trips to the local towns and art hubs, you’ll find that The Ferg provides the perfect base for all your adventures.
- History - The Ferg has been standing since the mid-1800s, so there’s a lot of history to this property that helps to make it an extra special place to stay. You can really feel the heritage and stories of the property all around you, but The Ferg has also been lovingly renovated and brought up to date with modern furnishings and contemporary conveniences too.
- Accommodation - When staying at The Ferg, guests have the choice of three different options: The One Bedroom Suite, the Main House, and the Loft. Each of these accommodation options has been stunningly designed and equipped with beautiful furnishings and breathtaking decoration to create a luxurious experience for every guest.
The Accommodation at The Ferg
Depending on the size of your party and your own persoanl needs and preferences, you'll be able to choose the perfect accommodation location for you at The Ferg from the following three options:
- The One Bedroom Suite - The One Bedroom Suite is the smallest of the three suites at The Ferg, but it's still very sizeable and perfectly comfortable for couples and solo travelers. Equipped with a comfortable Queen-size bed, a large dining and living area with a Queen-size sofa, a gas stove, a fully equipped kitchen, a private porch area, and other little luxuries and amenities like organic bath products and a Smart TV, this suite has all you need for a magical stay.
- The Loft - Once used as a stable, the Loft is now a two-story suite for families, couples, or friends. It has its own courtyard area, perfect for BBQs with the family in summer, as well as a huge living/dining area, very high ceilings, a King-size bed in the bedroom, a Queen-size sofabed in the living room, a stunning bathroom with clawfoot tub, and more. Gorgeously decorated in Scandinavian style, the Loft will take your breath away.
- The Main House - The Main House is the largest suite option at The Ferg. It comes complete with two separate bedrooms and a huge kitchen, as well as a large living area, all decorated in the same chic, Scandinavian style found elsewhere around the property that creates a cozy and homely atmosphere while still retaining the rustic charm and personality of this historic building. The kitchen is fully equipped with oven, stove, refrigerator, and dishwasher, while the bathroom comes with a clawfoot tub and separate shower.
- Amenities - Each of the suites is unique at The Ferg, but they all come with some standard amenities and useful additions like yoga mats, organic teas and coffees, a Smart TV, speedy Wi-Fi access, a water filter, organic bath products, the option to bring pets along for an extra $50 fee, an iron, a workspace, a hair dryer, and cable TV.
A stay at The Ferg is the best way to make the most of your trip to Prince Edward County. The Ferg is one of the finest properties in the whole area and offers the ideal base camp for fine dining, wine tasting, beach trips, island exploration, and much more. Book today and see why The Ferg is such a beloved and beautiful place to rest your head.
76 W Mary St, Picton, ON K0K 2T0, Canada
You are reading "16 of the Most Beautiful Lighthouses in Canada " Back to Top
More Ideas: Wild Water Works
Wild Water Works is situated within the Confederation Beach Park in Hamilton. The park is filled with adventure and fun throughout its ninety-three hectares along the shore of Lake Ontario. Visitors and locals alike can find some of the best fun and food in the area at Confederation Beach Park throughout the entire year. In addition to Wild Water Works, the park includes several other outdoor activities, including several walking and bike trails.
There is an abundant amount of space throughout the park for games, sports, and other recreational activities. Guests can have hours of fun with friends and family at several different outdoor attractions at Confederation Beach Park, including Wild Water Works, miniature golf, batting cages, and go-karts, as well as restaurants such as Baranga’s on the Beach and Hutch’s. The Lakeland Centre features a splash pad, swimming pool, basketball courts, and volleyball courts.
One of the most popular attractions at Wild Water Works in Hamilton is the Wave Pool. Visitors can enjoy riding the waves of one of the country’s largest wave pools in the outdoors. More than five million liters of heated water surges down towards guests each minute during the day. The Wave Pool is fun for the entire family. The sloped entrance to the Wave Pool makes it easy for visitors of all abilities and ages to enjoy the water.
In addition to the Wave Pool, Wild Water Works features several water slides. Two such slides are the Night Rider and the Blue Demon Slides. Visitors will feel the thrill of getting lost within the darkness as they race to the water at the bottom down five and a half stories. Guests are sure to enjoy flying down these two tube rides that blow their minds as they’re sent plunging into the park’s Eazy River.
The Sidewinder Slide and the Vertigo Slide are two more thrilling tube water slides at Wild Water Works. Visitors will feel an exhilarating rush as they are sent barreling down unexpected drops and twists of both of these slides. These are just two more exciting attraction for guests looking for a bit of adventure are sure to enjoy.
For guests looking for more open water slides at the Wild Water Works, the water park includes two body water slides. The Kamikaze slide and the Corkscrew slide both provide guests with a heart-pounding journey that will send them quickly splashing into the water below. Visitors will experience thrilling turns and twists as they plunge down six stories on the park’s tallest water slides.
Wild Water Works features a few more tame water-filled fun attractions. The Eazy River offers a relaxing time for guests as they effortlessly float down a slow-paced river and soak in the summer sun. There’s even a section of the water park designed specifically for the park’s youngest guests. Little Squirt Works is an area of water fun geared towards toddlers. The kid-sized water park within the park features a small wading pool that contains fountains, mists, sprays, and toddler-sized slides.
680 Van Wagners Beach Road, Hamilton, Ontario, Phone: 905-547-6141
You are reading "16 of the Most Beautiful Lighthouses in Canada " Back to Top
More Ideas: Canada's Wonderland
Canada’s Wonderland is an amusement park located in Vaughan, Ontario in Canada. The amusement park contains one of the most thrilling collections of roller coasters and rides in the world along with a twenty-acre waterpark known as Splash works.
Construction of Canada’s Wonderland began in June of 1979 and was completed in 1981. Several Canadian companies partnered on the first designs and engineering of the park. Building just he mountain, used twelve local companies that worked under the supervision of Curtis D. Summers, an engineer from Cincinnati. Overall, the amusement park cost one hundred and twenty million dollars to build.
In May of 1981 the amusement park was finally opened to the public by Davis and Taft Broadcasting. The opening ceremony incorporated ten thousand balloons filled with helium, thirteen parachutists, three hundred and fifty white does, and pipes and drums band. The ceremony also employed four children to represent the Pacific, Atlantic, Arctic, and Great Lakes Canadian regions. The children each poured a flask of water from their respective regions into the fountain in the park. The opening of Canada’s Wonderland welcomed twelve thousand visitors.
Canada’s Wonderland offers a variety of fun rides and roller coasters, as well as a waterpark for the whole family to enjoy.
Roller Coasters- The amusement park contains sixteen roller coasters. Among these roller coasters, is fastest and tallest coaster in Canada, the Leviathan, the longest wooden roller coaster, the Mighty Canadian Minebuster, and the first inverted roller coaster in Canada, the Flight Deck. The roller coasters category also includes coasters specifically designed for the kids such as Taxi Jam, Ghoster Coaster, and Silver Streak. Some of the other coasters located at Canada’s Wonderland include Backlot Stunt Coaster, Behemoth, Dragon Fire, The Bat, The Fly, Thunder Run, Time Warp, Vortex, Wild Beast, and Wonder Mountain’s Guardian.
Thrill Rides- Canada’s Wonderland has a wide-ranging collection of thrill rides that go along with their roller coasters. Some of these rides include unique Sledge Hammer that jolts riders into the air, Xtreme Skyflier, which allows riders to free-fall through the air, the Skyhawk which lets riders have control of the cockpit, and the Drop Tower which sends riders plummeting two hundred and thirty feet to the ground. Other thrill rides in the park include Night Mares, Orbiter, Psyclone, Riptide, Shockwave, SlingShot, Soaring Timbers, and the WindSeeker.
Family Rides- Canada’s Wonderland offers numerous family rides for parents and kids to enjoy together. Some of these rides include White Water Canyon, a water ride that cools riders down as the rush through the rapids, Flying Eagles which allows control of a flight experience to riders, Swings of the Century which swing riders through the air in a circle, and Krachewagen Bumper Cars. Other family rides include the Antique Carousel, Klockwerks, Speed City Raceway, Spinovator, The Rage, and Timberwolf Falls.
Kids Rides- Canada’s Wonderland offers over twenty-five attractions designed specifically for kids. There are also two family areas called KidZville and Planet Snoopy. Some of the rides include Blast off, Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, Character Carousel, Frequent Flyers, Joe Cool’s Dodge School, Jokey’s Jalopies, Jumpin’ Jet, Launch Pad, The Pumpkin Patch, Treetop Adventure, and Woodstock Whirlybirds.
Splash Works Waterpark- Canada’s Wonderland also contains a waterpark for families to enjoy. Covering twenty-acres, the waterpark is the perfect place for families to have fun and cool off at the same time. The rides and attractions at Splash Works include the Lazy River, Muskoka Plunge, Pumphouse, Riptide Racer, Splash Island Kiddie Pool, Splash Island Kiddie Slides, Splash Island Sprayground, Splash Island Waterways, Splash Station, Super Soaker, The Plunge, Typhoon, Whirlwinds, and the White Winter Bay.
New Additions for 2018- Two new rides and an Expanded Splash Area for the Splash Works are coming to Canada’s Wonderland in 2018.
· Lumberjack- This ride puts riders on two axe pendulums that swing through the air in a three-hundred-and-sixty-degree loop. The inversions can reach about seventy-five feet high. The sensation of riding a coaster with an inverted loop is what riders have to look forward to on this ride.
· Flying Canoes- This ride is an interactive ride for the whole family that gives riders the control of their flight in canoes built for two.
· Splash Island Expansion- The kid’s pool at Splash Works will be doubled in size and showcase an interactive spray feature.
Canada’s Wonderland offers educational opportunities for students through special events and other mediums. See the website for more details on these learning opportunities.
· Ride Engineering Day
· Physics, Science, and Math Days
· Leviathan’s Lair
· Spark Leadership Conference
· Ontario Junior Student Leadership Conference
· Grad Week
· Custom Seminars and Behind the Scenes Tours
· Field Trips
· Marketing and Sales Seminars
· Scare School: Halloween Haunt Seminar
1 Canada’s Wonderland Vaughan, ON L6A 1S6, Canada, Phone: 905-832-813
You are reading "16 of the Most Beautiful Lighthouses in Canada " Back to Top