La Taguara is a counter-serve restaurant that offers traditional Venezuelan and Latin American meat and seafood fares. The eatery brings authentic Venezuelan sazon to two locations of Madison, operating at East Washington and East Johnson locations. Guests get to dine in at the restaurant’s dining room or carry out food by calling ahead for the order to be ready for take-away. La Taguara also offers catering service with prior booking.
Venezuelan cuisine is largely influenced by its indigenous people, its European ancestry, as well as African and Native American traditions. The cuisine differs depending on its location, the industrial resources available, and the cultural diversity of the Venezuelan people. Venezuelan food mainly consists of rice, corn, plantain, beans, yucca, and numerous types of meat and seafood. La Taguara features made-from-scratch menus that use fresh ingredients to ensure the best possible taste.
1. East Washington Location - Operates daily Monday through Thursday from 11:00am to 8:00pm, Fridays from 11:00am to 9:00pm, Saturdays from 9:00am to 9:00pm, and Sundays from 9:00am to 6:00pm.
2. East Johnson Location - Operates 6 days a week, Tuesday through Thursday from 11:00am to 9:00pm, Fridays from 11:00am to 10:00pm, Saturdays from 9:00am to 10:00pm, and Sundays from 9:00am to 6:00pm. The location remains closed on Mondays.
· Appetizers - El Papi Venezolano, yuca frita, alitas de pollo, yuca con chicharrón, rompe colchon, bolitas de queso, tequenos, tostones, tajadas con queso, and queso frito.
· Dinner - The menu consists of entrees? like pabellon, bandejita paisa, pescado frito, churrasco criollo, parrilla callejera, camarones al ajillo, cachapa con queso y cochino frito, mojito en coco, and bistec encebollado. The menu also offers sandwich variations like arepas, pepito de carne o pollo, the La Taguara Burger, patacon pisao, empanadas, perritos, pastelitos, Hamburguesa de Pernil, Cubano sandwich, and Pabellon wrap.
· Kids Menu - Pabellon Junior, kid's arepas, empanaditas, kid's pastelitos, cachapitas, pulpitos con papitas, pulpitos con bolitas de queso, macarrones con queso, and kid's juice or soda.
· Lunch Specials - Sopa y seco lunch, arepa lunch, arepa y empanada lunch, empanada lunch, patacon pisao lunch, pastelito lunch, Cubano lunch, and sopa y ensalada lunch.
· Brunch - Desayuno criollo, Copycat Breakfast, perico, Breakfast Arepa, mortadella, and Perico Arepa
· Sides and Beverages - The menu consists of sides? like ensalada de la casa, tajadas, aguacate, papas fritas, tostones, sopa del dia pequena, sopa del dia grande, arroz, and caraotas. The beverages list includes papelon con limon, cafecito, jugo de parchita, chocolate caliente, jugo de tamarindo, chocolate caliente con queso blanco, Venezuelan sodas, Pepsi products, kids’ drinks, imported beer, and wine.
· Desserts - Quesillo, arroz con coco, tequeños de guayaba y queso, churros, pie de parchita, and dulcellitos and nutellitos
Both locations offer take-out food orders powered by Revel Systems. Guests get to place food order for dine-in or take-out by creating an account online. Payments can be made via credit card or gift card.
Back to: Things to Do in Madison, WI
La Taguara, 3502 E Washington Ave Madison, Wisconsin 53704, Phone: 608-721-9100
La Taguara, 827 E Johnson St. Madison Wisconsin 53703, website, Phone: 608-721-1948