Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier in Madison, WI is a gourmet chocolate store that offers exotic hand-crafted chocolates in their purest form. Gail Chocolatier was launched in 2004 by Gail Ambrosius, who was born and raised on a dairy farm in Seymour, Wisconsin. Her love for chocolate started from her mother Lucille Ambrosius's chocolate pudding, made on the stovetop from scratch.
The store specializes in finest single-origin chocolates, made in small batches with only the freshest of ingredients. In addition to a physical store, Gail's ships its chocolates throughout the United States, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier is open daily, Monday through Friday from 10:00am to 6:00pm, and on Saturdays and Sundays the store operates from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
· Truffles - Truffles packed in boxes consisting of 2-piece, 6-piece, 12-piece, 20-piece, and 24-piece as well as the 44-piece Tower of Truffles. The Beerific Taster's Truffle Box offers 7 truffles and 6 beer pairing suggestions enumerated in a tasting guide, with instructions by Gail herself.
· Collections - Adventurous Collection, Chocolatier's Choice, Classic Collection, Tea-Inspired Collection, and the Beerific Taster's Box
· Seasonal - Dark chocolate bark, chocolate covered pretzels, chocolate-dipped ginger, chocolate-dipped orange peels, strawberries bar, the Tea-Inspired Collection, tree frogs filled with creamy Lucille's vanilla ganache. The seasonal favorites are rotated throughout the year.
· Caramels – The Sleeve of Caramels (5-piece) as well as the Box of Caramels, available in sizes ranging from 2 pieces to a 44-piece tower.
· Fruits - Chocolate-dipped ginger, chocolate-dipped orange peels, and strawberries bar.
· Nuts - Dark chocolate bark, Tumbled Treats, hazelnut wafers, marzipan bar, pecan smokies, and the Three Hot Nuts made of pistachios, pine nuts and pipits.
· Bars - The Five-Bar Bundle, Nibs Bar, the Seven-Bar Bundle, strawberries bar, bittersweet bar, cherry almond, espresso bar, rice milk chocolate bar, hazelnut wafers, marzipan bar, pecan smokies, and the Three Hot Nuts made of pistachios, pine nuts and pipits.
· Hot Chocolate - Shaved Colombian dark chocolate meant to be mixed with warm milk or hot water.
· Fun with Chocolate – Chocolate-covered pretzels, tree frogs, sea turtles, and gold-bellied Buddhas.
· Apparel - Men's and women's long-sleeved t-shirt, and men's and women's t-shirt.
Gail's Chocolatier offers a large range of gifting ideas for every occasion, categorized as Corporate Gifts, Special Occasions, Gift Cards, For Her, For Him, Collections, and Gift Packages, priced starting below $10 to $50 and up. For a fresh supply of Gail's truffles, one can even place advance orders for the truffles to be delivered every month through the Box of Twelve on the 12th option, available on the store's website.
Gail's Chocolatier hosts a monthly chocolate tasting event to take guests around the equator to explore six different single-origin chocolates and to learn how Gail uses these flavors in her delicious truffles. The tasting event is held on the third Thursday of every month from January through October between 7:00pm and 8:30pm. Priced at $15 per person, the tasting sessions are held in Gail’s kitchen, located on Atwood Avenue.
Back to: Things to Do in Madison, WI
Gail Ambrosius Chocolatier, 2086 Atwood Ave, Madison, Wisconsin 53704, Phone: 608-249-3500 or 877-412-2462, website