Though national brands such as Budweiser and Miller overtook local beer production in the late 20th century, the resurgence of local craft brewing in the 2000s led to the opening of nearly two dozen breweries throughout West Virginia, including award-winning companies such as Stumptown Ales, Morgantown Brewing Company, and Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company.
2.Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company
4.Big Timber Brewing Company
5.Bridge Brew Works
6.Chestnut Brew Works, LLC
7.Morgantown Brewing Co.
8.Mountain State Brewing Co.
9.North End Tavern and Brewery
10.Parkersburg Brewing Co.
11.Screech Owl Brewing
12.Abolitionist Ale Works
13.Berkeley Springs Brewing Co.
14.Short Story Brewing
15.Weathered Ground Brewery
16.Wheeling Brewing Company
16 Best West Virginia Breweries
- Stumptown Ales, Photo: Stumptown Ales
- Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company, Photo: Greenbrier Valley Brewing Company
- Dobra Zupas, Photo: Dobra Zupas
- Big Timber Brewing Company, Photo: Big Timber Brewing Company
- Bridge Brew Works, Photo: Bridge Brew Works
- Chestnut Brew Works, LLC, Photo: Chestnut Brew Works, LLC
- Morgantown Brewing Co., Photo: Morgantown Brewing Co.
- Mountain State Brewing Co., Photo: Mountain State Brewing Co.
- North End Tavern and Brewery, Photo: Courtesy of Nathan - Fotolia.com
- Parkersburg Brewing Co., Photo: Parkersburg Brewing Co.
- Screech Owl Brewing, Photo: Courtesy of Sergey Peterman - Fotolia.com
- Abolitionist Ale Works, Photo: Abolitionist Ale Works
- Berkeley Springs Brewing Co., Photo: Berkeley Springs Brewing Co.
- Short Story Brewing, Photo: Short Story Brewing
- Weathered Ground Brewery, Photo: Weathered Ground Brewery
- Wheeling Brewing Company, Photo: Wheeling Brewing Company
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Zarya Maxim - Fotolia.com