The United Kingdom is home to some stunning scenery. With its little countryside villages, rolling hills, vast hectares of forests and fields, and beautiful beaches too, it's an idyllic location for all kinds of trips away.
The United Kingdom draws in millions of international tourists each year, and many Brits themselves also like to travel around their own home country to see its prettiest places, with Devon standing out as a clear example.
Located in South West England and bordering the equally beautiful locations of Somerset and Cornwall, Devon is home to some of the UK's best beaches and bays, as well as plenty of quaint and charming seaside towns and ports.
Devon is an excellent location for all kinds of outdoor recreation, being beloved by nature lovers, with one of its districts even earning the nickname 'The English Riviera'. It’s perfect for long walks and getting in touch with the natural world.
Trips to Devon are fun for couples, families, groups of friends, and solo travelers, and there are plenty of luxury properties and guesthouses to stay in. One of the very best places to stay in Devon is The Horn of Plenty.
The Horn of Plenty - Luxury Boutique Devon Hotel
The Horn of Plenty is a 4-star country house boutique hotel near the iconic Dartmoor National Park. It's home to a 2 AA Rosette restaurant, luxury rooms and suites, and excellent amenities for every kind of stay. Whether you're searching for a romantic getaway in Devon, a prime spot for your family vacation, or even a wonderful wedding venue in South East England, you'll find it at The Horn of Plenty.
- Location - One of the key advantages of The Horn of Plenty is its excellent location. It's located right by the border that separates Devon from Cornwall, with views over the Tamar Valley. Ideally situated for trips around Dartmoor, which is just 10 minutes away by car, The Horn of Plenty is also perfect for beach getaways and coastal exploration too, being less than an hour from the shore. Plenty of historic homes and gardens can also be found nearby in little towns like Chagford and Princetown. In short, the location is just right for every kind of visitor, whether you’re a nature lover looking for some scenic hiking trails or a couple searching for some romantic scenery.
- Rooms - The Horn of Plenty features a total of 16 rooms, with four of them being located in the Main House, six being in the Original Coach House, and another six in the New Coach House. The rooms can vary in size and style from comfortable doubles to deluxe suites. Each room features its own private bathroom, mini bar, luxury bathrobes, bottled water, Wi-Fi access, and additional amenities, and most have balconies with stupendous views over the local countryside. As soon as you step foot into any of these rooms, it’s easy to see why The Horn of Plenty is ranked as one of the best boutique hotels in Devon.
- Dining - Dining - The Horn of Plenty isn't just a luxury Devon hotel in a perfect location; it can also boast of having one of the very best restaurants in Devon too. The on-site restaurant has been awarded two AA Rosettes for its gourmet meals and outstanding service. The restaurant has been operating for over five decades now and has shown incredibly consistent quality during that time, making use of local ingredients, direct from the lands of Devon and Cornwall, to produce delicious meals for all. For fine dining in Devon, there really is no better place to be.
- Dog-Friendly - If you’re looking for a dog friendly hotel in Devon, especially one that is also ranked as one of the prettiest hotels in Devon and has one of the very best restaurants in Devon, this is the place to be. The Horn of Plenty is fully welcoming to furry friends, with several rooms being open to canine companions. The many gardens that surround the property are just perfect for happy pups to run around in, and there are countless walking trails and more to be enjoyed in the Tamar Valley. Not only that, but the hotel even offers a free 'doggie dinner' on your night of arrival to welcome your dog to their 'home away from home' in style.
- Wedding Venue in Devon - Your wedding deserves to be special and memorable in all the right ways, so what better way to celebrate such a magical occasion than by holding the reception at a luxury location like The Horn of Plenty? If you're looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Devon, this is the perfect place. The Horn of Plenty has hosted several weddings in the past, with its historic house and stunning grounds offering a genuine 'fairy tale' setting for you and your partner to start off your new life as a married couple in the perfect way.
The Horn of Plenty stands out as one of the best places to stay in Devon due to its luxury facilities, historical setting, prime location, gorgeous grounds, and world class restaurant. It offers everything you need for an idyllic stay in one of England’s most beautiful areas. It’s also a truly magical wedding venue and can host many other special events too. Check out availability and dates on the official The Horn of Plenty site and start planning your dream Devon getaway today.
Gulworthy, Tavistock PL19 8JD, UK, website