The Napa Valley area of California is synonymous with fine wines, beautiful scenery, world class cuisine, and a truly refined standard of living where people really take the time to savor every second, every sound, and every flavor. It's a place that draws in visitors from far and wide, all eager to sample its unique delights, and every year, the Napa Truffle Festival celebrates the fine dining and rich teroir of this region.
Napa Truffle Festival - Celebrating Truffles in the Napa Valley
Organized by the American Truffle Company, the Napa Truffle Festival celebrates one of the finest and most flavorful ingredients nature has provided: truffles. Over the course of the festival, which runs for just a few days, attendees will be able to sample gourmet meals based around truffles, as well as various talks and additional activities involving leading truffle chefs and experts.
- Michelin Star Chefs - Various Michelin Star Chefs including host chef Ken Frank of La Toque (who is in his 10th year) are in attendance each year at the Napa Truffle Festival. Cooking up a breath-taking selection of dishes with truffles as a central ingredient, these shows offer cooking demonstrations and outstanding culinary experiences for guests to enjoy. Only the finest chefs are chosen to participate in this special truffle event, with the likes of Ken Frank being among the leading truffle chefs in all of North America.
- Truffle Experts - In addition to the leading chefs, each edition of the Napa Truffle Festival also features many leading truffle experts including scientists, cultivation experts, dog trainers, mushroom foragers, and even a couple of truffle dogs too. Examples include Robert Chang, the Managing Director and Chief Truffle Officer of the American Truffle Company, and Dr. Paul Thomas, the Chief Scientist of the American Truffle Company.
- Wineries - The Napa Valley is well-known as one of the leading wine production regions in the United States, so it's only natural that the Napa Truffle Festival takes advantage of the area's viticultural heritage by involving various local wineries in the festivities. Several winery lunches are held throughout the festival, with different wineries participating each year, and only the finest and highest quality Napa Valley wines are served alongside the delicious truffle meals prepared by the festival's Michelin Star chefs.
- The Marketplace - At the end of the Napa Truffle Festival, in order to finish off the celebrations in style, the Napa Truffle Festival Marketplace will be organized and opened to all. Fully free to the public, this marketplace offers fresh truffles available for purchase alongside many other high quality items. You'll also be able to see cooking demonstrations from local master chefs, meet some truffle sniffing dogs and give them a little cuddle, enjoy some wine tastings from top quality Napa Valley vineyards, and much more.
Napa Truffle Festival 2020
For 2020, the Napa Truffle Festival will be celebrating a very special occasion: this edition of the festival will actually be the tenth annual Napa Truffle Festival, so the celebrations are set to be bigger and better than ever before, and guests will be able to enjoy a lot of delicious truffles, amazing activities, wonderful wines, and world class meals over the course of the festival. Here's all you need to know:
- Location - As usual, the 2020 edition of the Napa Truffle Festival will be held at various locations around the Napa Valley including wineries and truffle orchards.
- Dates: The 10th annual Napa Truffle Festival is set to be held from January 17 through to January 20 of 2020.
- Schedule - The schedule for this very special edition of the Napa Truffle Festival will include all the classic activities and experiences that have helped to make the festival such a big hit in the past. Guests will be able to participate in wild mushroom foraging sessions, fine dining experiences at Napa Valley wineries, truffle orchard tours, truffle dog training sessions, talks from leading truffle experts, and the Napa Truffle Festival Marketplace too.
- Tickets - Anyone interested in attending the Napa Truffle Festival and taking part in these festivities will need to purchase a ticket. Tickets are set to be released for sale in the fall, with various ticket types available depending on the activities and experiences you wish to enjoy.
- Where to Stay - The host venue for the Napa Truffle Festival 2020 will be the Westin Verasa Napa. The perfect hotel for anyone attending the festival, the Westin Verasa Napa is a luxurious Napa Valley resort with luxury rooms, suites, and facilities, as well as being located right in the downtown area of Napa, mere minutes from some top-quality restaurants and the famous Oxbow Public Market. napatrufflefestival.com and americantruffle.com