New York City is one of the most visited places on Earth and one of the world's most famous cities too, with its instantly recognizable landmarks like Times Square and the Statue of Liberty being known even by people who have never visited the city. It’s a prime place for business, sightseeing, shopping, dining, entertainment, and everything in between, with millions of people heading to the Big Apple each and every year. If you’re looking for one of the best hotels in NYC, the InterContinental New York Barclay is the place to be.
InterContinental New York Barclay - Luxury NYC Hotel
A hotel that first opened its doors back in 1926, the InterContinental New York Barclay is one of the most historic and esteemed accommodation locations in all of New York City. It's been welcoming guests for decades, offering luxury rooms and suites, world class amenities, and unbeatable service to all, right in the heart of the city.
- The Hotel - The InterContinental New York Barclay was originally built as part of the expansion to Grand Central Terminal, becoming one of four leading railroad hotels in the area serving the many travelers in and out of NYC. Situated in a perfect spot, right above the railroad tracks, the hotel even had its own rail platform and was an immediate success. Now, in the modern era, some things have changed about the InterContinental New York Barclay and the surrounding landscape, but it remains one of NYC's premier luxury hotels and has undergone extensive renovation and modernization, retaining its original features and elegance while being enhanced with modern comforts and conveniences.
- The Rooms and Suites of the InterContinental New York Barclay - The InterContinental New York Barclay can boast of an impressive tally of over 700 rooms and suites spread out across 13 separate floors. The guestrooms are divided into multiple classes including Superior Room, Deluxe Room, Premier Room, and Barclay Room, with One Bedroom Deluxe and One Bedroom Executive Suites available, as well as the inimitable luxury and elegance of the Presidential Suite and the Harold S. Vanderbilt Penthouse. Regardless of which room or suite you choose for your stay at the InterContinental New York Barclay, you’ll find a range of high quality features and amenities, as well as a blend of design and décor that maintains the 1920s spirit of the hotel while also bringing it into the modern era.
- Weddings, Meetings, and Social Events at the InterContinental New York Barclay - New York City is a popular location for all kinds of events and special occasions from corporate conferences and meetings to social events and even luxury, fairy tale weddings. For any event, the InterContinental New York Barclay can provide the space and services you need. The hotel boasts of 20,000 square feet of event space in total, spread out across multiple spaces of different sizes to suit both small and large events. Whether you're planning a bridal shower, a social brunch, a grand-scale conference, or something else entirely, this can be the ideal venue, with the hotel offering expert teams for event management, planning, catering, and more.
- InterContinental New York Barclay Hotel Amenities and Services - Since the 1920s, guests of the InterContinental New York Barclay have favored this hotel for its wide array of services and amenities, which has only grown and expanded over time. The InterContinental New York Barclay is equipped with everything you could possibly need to enjoy a wonderful stay in NYC, including a state of the art fitness center with the latest exercise machines and high quality weights, multiple events spaces, a 24-hour front desk with full concierge service, laundry services, limo and town car services, pet-friendly rooms and spaces, valet parking, in-room massages, on-site dining, a business center, the Club InterContinental communal lounge and business space, and more.
- Dining at the InterContinental New York Barclay - Guests at the InterContinental New York Barclay won't need to step outside the hotel doors to enjoy high quality dining experiences. In-room dining is available throughout the day and into the evening, but for a truly premium culinary experience, guests will want to head to the on-site restaurant: The Gin Parlour. Living up to its name, The Gin Parlour offers more than 80 premium gins from leading and emerging brands around the world, as well as serving a superb selection of casual and more sophisticated fare, with Chef Peter Betz devising a delicious menu of delights to tantalize the tastebuds of every diner, using organic, local, and sustainable products as much as possible. website