There are plenty of art collectors out there who obtain many different works of art and store them away in their own homes, but there are also a lot of people who believe that art should be seen by as many people as possible, displayed in galleries and open air spaces and exposed to the public.
This is why, each year, so many arts festivals are held all over the world, giving artists and their creations a platform and giving art lovers and enthusiasts of all ages and backgrounds a chance to see and appreciate pieces of art they might never have otherwise known.
Arts festivals are typically held in cities with strong art scenes and artist communities. Atlanta certainly stands out as one of those cities, with the residential Buckhead district being well known for its indie art galleries, upscale restaurants, and trendy boutiques, so it seems only fitting that the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival is one of the top art shows in Atlanta.
Buckhead Fine Arts Festival - Art Show in Atlanta
A fully outdoor festival held on an annual basis in the chic Buckhead area of Atlanta, the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival is a two-day event bringing artists and art lovers together in a beautiful, sunny space.
Organized by the Atlanta Foundation for Public Spaces, this fine arts festival is a wonderful occasion for people of all ages to be entertained, inspired, and amazed by the works of some of the finest local and national painters, sculptors, jewelers, photographers, and more.
- Amazing Art - Naturally, as a fine arts show, the real star of the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival is the art on display. Up to 100 different artists attend the show each year, with applicants all going through a selection process before being granted the privilege of attending and displaying their work for the festival-goers. A big part of the appeal of this festival is the sheer variety of work on display. As well as paintings and sculptures, you’ll also see metal work, stained glass, photographs, sketches, jewelry, and more. All items on display can be admired and purchased.
- Live Music and More - As well as showing off some wonderful artworks from local and national creators, the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival also gives local musicians a platform to share their own audio creations with the world. Mostly acoustic music is played at the festival, with this kind of music helping to contribute to the relaxing atmosphere and family-friendly vibe of the event. In addition, various healthy food vendors will be in attendance offering up some snacks and drinks to keep you hydrated and energized as you roam around and enjoy the show.
- Free and Open to All - Perhaps the best aspect of all for prospective attendees of the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival is that this show is totally free for all. A big part of the founding philosophy of the festival was the idea that art should be as accessible as possible and everyone deserves to appreciate great creations and amazing pieces, so guests won’t need to worry about buying tickets or paying anything at all when attending this Atlanta art festival.
Buckhead Fine Arts Festival 2019
The 2019 edition of the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival is set to continue the festival's rich traditions of quality art, positive vibes, inspirational creations, great music, and more. It's one of the top art shows in Atlanta and is set to be a key date on the city's calendar. Here's all you need to know:
- Location - As usual, the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival for 2019 will be held in the heart of Buckhead at Buckhead Village.
- Dates - The 2019 edition of this Georgia fine arts festival will be held from September 21 to September 22. It's only a two-day event, so anyone interested in attending will need to mark their calendars and ensure that they keep this September weekend free.
- Times - The fine arts festival kicks off at 12pm on Saturday, closing down for the day at 6pm. It opens back up at 11am on Sunday and then finishes off at 5pm.
- Admission - As always, admission to the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival 2019 will be totally free. Regardless of age or background, no guests will be asked to pay or buy tickets in order to attend this event, so you can walk around and appreciate the art without spending a penny. In fact, it's one of the best free things to do in Atlanta.
- Getting There - If traveling by public transport, the Lenox Transit Station isn't too far from Buckhead Village and the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival. If traveling by car, there's plenty of parking in the area.
- What To Expect - If you've never attended the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival before, you can expect to have a great time at your first ever show. Around 100 local, regional, and national artists will be in attendance, with a big focus on Atlanta and Georgia artists in particular. The artists are selected in advance by a jury and will then display their work around Buckhead Village on the weekend of the festival. Visitors to the festival will be able to browse the various works on offer, and if you find something you really like, you can make a purchase too, with most of the artists accepting credit card payments.
- Extras - Refreshments like sodas and water will be served during the event too, and you'll also find various healthy food vendors. There will also be live entertainment, with local bands and acoustic artists providing a soothing soundtrack to the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival.
- Important Information - Guests of all ages are welcome at the Buckhead Fine Arts Festival, and you can bring your pets along too. No alcohol is allowed on-site, and all bags are subject to a search. The festival organizers encourage all attendees to behave in an orderly and respectful manner to ensure that the festival goes smoothly, safely, and enjoyably for all. website