Dubbed as one of the South’s best restaurants, L’Opossum in Richmond has its own way of making itself stand out. Guests who go through the front door of this fine establishment will find themselves in a surrealist environment meant filled with dim lighting, bizarre decorations, and pretty much anything outside of the ordinary. Strangely enough, the entire interior adds to the establishment’s overall cozy vibe.
Of course, the restaurant is known for its amazing food. Known for its French cuisine and craft cocktails, L’Opossum does away with the small plates and goes straight to its unexpectedly delicious dishes of Chef David Shannon who presents them as creatively as he names them.
From starters to desserts, each dish is just remarkable in both taste and design. Both the adventurous and the curious would be drawn to order the dishes named Faberge Egg Bedazzled with Caviar or the Blue Crab-Festooned Filet Mignon.
With playful dishes, a unique atmosphere and great service, L’Opossum is definitely one of Richmond’s go-to restaurants for an unforgettable French fine dining experience.
L’Opossum is open for dinner from Tuesdays to Saturdays.
Tuesdays to Saturdays: 5:00 PM to 12:00 Midnight
Sundays and Mondays: CLOSED
L’Opossum accepts reservations and can be made online through OpenTable.
L’Opossum has very interesting dishes to choose from. Here’s a sample of what their menu would like. And yes, that’s actually how they name their dishes.
· Les Appetizers: Cozy Purree of Curried Winter, Les Escargots a la Ham Biscuit, Lettuce Toss Your Salad, French Onion Dip Gratine with Pecan-Currant Rye Bread, Faberge Egg Bedazzled with Caviar & Dill Cured Salmon, Chapel Creek Oysters Rock, Grilled Caesar with all of the Usual Suspects, Vegan Orgy on Texas Beach, Charred and Chilled Chinese 5-Spice Slices of Venison, Seared Hudson Valley Foir Gras
· Les Entrees: Darth Grouper Held at Bay By a Rebellious Coalition, Coq au Morocco, Porc Chasseur de l’Autumn Olive Farms, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes, The Swank Bank, Portobello Big Mac, Filet Mignon of Beef Swellington, Double Cut Lamb Loin Chops
· Les Deezerts: Hot Black Bottom a la Mode, Lavender-Limoncello, Swashbuckling Bundt Drenched in Hot Buttered Rum, La Petite Mort Au Chocolat en Flambe, Composition of Seasonal Fruit, Oregon Hill Alley Apple
· Cocktails: Shiny Blue Ball, Blackout 77’ French Tickler, Violet Femme, Honey Badger, Hooty Hoo!, Luara Palmer
· Wine: Treveri Extra-Brut de Blanc NV, Cuvee Hortense, Domaine de L’Hemoniere Sauvignon Blanc, R8 Chardonnay, Domaine des Lauriers, Domaine de Cibadies Pinot Noir, Chateau Haut Lartenac, Rhino Cabernet Suavignon
· Beer: Highland Oatmeal Porter, Devil’s Backbone Vienna Lager, Ardent Saison, Lost Rhino Ipa, Hardywood Pils, Potter’s Farmhouse Dry Cider
Vegetarians will be happy to know that the restaurant has items for them as well.
- OpenTable’s Top 10 Restaurants in Richmond
- Named 100 Best Restaurants for Foodies in the Nation
- Among Conde Nast, Traveller’s 10 Unmissable Restaurants in the American South
For more information, contact 804-918-6028 or visit the L'Opossum official website.
L'Opossum, 626 China Street, Richmond, VA 23220, Phone: 804-918-6028
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Ohio, TX Places to Visit, PA, CA, San Francisco, Seattle, Atlanta, Chicago, Black Sand, AZ, Delaware beaches, near Boston, Bay Area, Spain, Florida Keys beaches, Pink Sand, Toddler, beaches near New Orleans, Miami beaches, Louisiana beaches, CT, Oregon beaches, TX beaches, Jacksonville beaches