England is one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom, with the others being Wales, Scotland, and Northern Ireland. England has borders with Wales and Scotland, but is the largest country of the United Kingdom. It is located on the island of Great Britain, off the western coast of mainland Europe and surrounded by the North Sea on one side and English Channel on the other. England has a lot of history behind it and has played a huge role in the development of societies and civilizations around the world, having become the first industrialized nation after the Industrial Revolution period of the late 18th century which led to many major breakthroughs and inventions. CDC information for travelers. Hours/availability may have changed.
5 of the Largest Cities in England
- Overview, Photo: Feydzhet Shabanov/stock.adobe.com
- London, Photo: jovannig/stock.adobe.com
- Birmingham, Photo: dudlajzov/stock.adobe.com
- Leeds, Photo: Adam Booth/stock.adobe.com
- Sheffield, Photo: Serg Zastavkin/stock.adobe.com
- Bradford, Photo: SakhanPhotography/stock.adobe.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of Dmitry Naumov - Fotolia.com
More Ideas: ila Spa Cotswolds
The Cotswolds has long been one of England's most scenic regions. Made up of several villages and typical English countryside landscapes, this part of south central and south western England is famed for its innate beauty, traditional charms, and remarkably soothing and relaxing aura.
It's the sort of place people can escape to when they just want to get away from it all, freeing themselves from the stresses and mundanity of modern life to enjoy nothing but peace, tranquillity, and beauty all around them, and there’s no better place to seek that peace than one of the best spas in the Cotswolds: ila Spa Cotswolds.
ila Spa Cotswolds
ila Spa Cotswolds is the spa location for the ila organic skin and heart care brand. Named after the Sanskrit word for 'Mother Earth', ila has developed a reputation for providing natural, powerful skincare and health products, harnessing the inimitable powers of Mother Nature and sourcing only the finest plants, flowers, and herbs from around the world to offer the finest experiences and very best results to each customer, and the same principles can be felt and enjoyed at the ila Spa Cotswolds. Here’s all you need to know about visiting this luxury Cotswolds spa:
- ila Spa Cotswolds is located in the charming Cotswolds village of Kiddington. Its full address is Unit 4 Gate Farm, Park Road, Kiddington, Woodstock OX20 1DB, and the spa can be easily reached by car by following the A44.
- Opening Times and Days - The ila Spa Cotswolds is open every weekday, opening at 9am and closing at 5pm each day. Reservations - To make reservations for spa treatments at this Cotswolds spa, you can call 07776 995962.
- The Setting - The ila Spa Cotswolds is located on the same site as ila's brand headquarters. This is where all the ila products are handcrafted with love, care, and the finest ingredients, surrounded by the soothing natural landscapes and magical villages of the Cotswolds. It's an idyllic location to seek rejuvenation and relaxation, with total peace and quiet all around and nothing but green meadows and stone cottages as far as the eye can see.
- The Therapists - ila Spa Cotswolds employs only the finest and most professional therapists, trained in the arts of massage and spa treatments of all kinds. All ila therapists are able to provide personalized care and advice, helping you choose the right products and services for your body and needs, and making use of high quality ila products throughout your treatment to only offer natural, effective, safe solutions for beauty and wellness.
- The Products - ila creates a great range of skincare and health products, including everything from face serums and oils to cleansers, toners, body oils, moisturizers, and more. Whether you're suffering from common skin ailments like wrinkles and dryness or more of a deeper issue like stress, anxiety, heart ache, or fatigue, ila has solutions for you. The ila Spa Cotswolds team communicate closely with every guest to get a feel for their unique needs and desires, helping them select products and services that work for them, and even inviting guests to explore the on-site Farm Shop. Here, guests can purchase a range of ila products like scented candles, body oils, and anti-ageing solutions at a discounted rate, as well as speaking with ila's skin and healthcare professionals for further guidance and advice.
- The Treatments - For those seeking soothing skincare and indulgent wellness treatments at a relaxed, rustic retreat, ila Spa Cotswolds is the place to be, offering a vast and varied range of effective treatments to soothe any ailment and relieve any tension. All treatments begin with a five-minute oxygen infusion to clear the mind and cleanse the body, with free Omega 432 Sound Healing also provided with each and every treatment too. The treatment menu includes everything from Eastern massage techniques like the Kundalini Back Experience and Ku Nye Massage to specialized treatments like the Mother To Be massages for pregnant women and the Gold Cellular Age Restore Therapy to provide hydration and rejuvenation to ageing skin cells. Facials and 'Quick Fixes' are also on the menu, including Reflexology sessions and Wake-Up Eye Therapy treatments.
Rated by many as the best spa in the Cotswolds, ila Spa Cotswolds is the perfect place to go if you want to look and feel your very best. The spa’s trained therapists, natural products, and wide range of services give you all you need to head home feeling relaxed and revitalized.
You are reading "5 of the Largest Cities in England " Back to Top
More Ideas: London Mithraeum
The capital of England and the United Kingdom, London is one of the most extraordinary cities on the face of the Earth. It's home to close to 9 million people, with over 14 million in the full metropolitan area, and the city is instantly recognizable to those all around the world for its distinctive monuments and landmarks like the Tower of London, Big Ben, and Buckingham Palace.
In the modern era, London is known as a fashion, culture, art, and entertainment hub, home of West End shows, the iconic Harrods department store, and the British Museum, but there's a lot of history to London too, and the city we see today is a far cry from the way it once was, literally thousands of years ago.
London was founded by the Romans under the name Londinium around 43 AD. It was quite a small settlement, making up some of the area which we nowadays refer to as the City of London and covering around half a square mile in total. Over the years, the area's Roman past has been built over, but not forgotten, with various incredible archaeological and historic discoveries shining light on London’s Roman roots.
All About the London Mithraeum
The London Mithraeum was one of the most significant discoveries ever made in the City of London. It was in 1954 in the City of London that the London Mithraeum, an ancient temple to the mysterious deity Mithras, was discovered during the construction of a new building. The whole site was relocated to allow the building to be built. Now, however, the London Mithraeum is returning to its home in the heart of the City through the London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE.
The Mithraeum was originally discovered in Walbrook, a street in the City of London, and it has now been taken back there. , where it belongs. Fully open to the public for individual tours, as well as group and school visits, the London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE allows you to delve deep into the past and see a side of London you've never known before, admiring the ancient temple in all of its glory, as well as enjoying a range of historic Roman artefacts found in recent excavations of the area.
Visiting the London Mithraeum
Photos and videos of the London Mithraeum simply cannot do this incredible historic site justice. The only sure way to really appreciate it is to pay the London Mithraeum a visit for yourself. Here's all you need to know about visiting one of London's best historic attractions:
- Location - The London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE is situated in the center of the City of London at 12 Walbrook, London, EC4N 8AA. The closest tube station is Bank, which is just two minutes away from the London Mithraeum, but the St Paul's, Monument, and Mansion House stations are very close too. You can also take the train to Cannon St, which is just a minute from the London Mithraeum, or ride the bus. The London Mithraeum is in the congestion charge zone and there aren't many parking options in the area, so public transport is the best way to get there.
- Reservations - Anyone wishing to visit the London Mithraeum should reserve ahead of time. You can book your visit online safely and securely, choosing to make an individual booking for yourself and your family, or a group booking if you're traveling with 11 or more people.
- The Experience - The London Mithraeum is free to enter. Most visitors tend to spend around an hour at the museum and it's a fully self-guided experience. You'll be able to see the London Mithraeum Temple itself, as well as admiring contemporary artwork inspired by the city's past and take a look at various historic artefacts on display too. There are also sometimes special events and limited time exhibitions held at the London Mithraeum Bloomberg SPACE.
- Facilities - The London Mithraeum museum does not have any café or food and drink options, but there are plenty of places to eat in the local Bloomberg Arcade and the surrounding area. Toilets and baby-changing facilities are available, and there is storage for buggies and pushchairs too.
- Rules and Important Information - Flash photography isn't allowed at the London Mithraeum, but guests can take photos and record videos without flashes and without disturbing other guests. No suitcases or big bags are allowed on site, and the whole site is fully wheelchair accessible.
You are reading "5 of the Largest Cities in England " Back to Top
More Ideas: The Laslett
London is widely regarded as one of the greatest cities in the world, and millions of people are drawn in by the allures and appeal of the British capital each and every year. Home to such iconic landmarks as Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, Buckingham Palace, and Trafalgar Square, London is a prime destination for touristic excitement and the founding of many happy memories with friends and family.
Like many major cities, London can be divided up into small neighborhoods and sections, each with their own charms and personalities. Some are more flashy and touristic, others are well-known for their shopping, dining, and live entertainment, while others show a quieter, more subdued and authentic side to London, with Notting Hill being a wonderful example.
Conveniently located in Central London within easy access of all the major landmarks and attractions, and popularized by the film of the same name, Notting Hill is a beautiful little London neighborhood dominated by gorgeous homes, charming antique stores, the iconic Portobello Road market, and an elegant ambiance that everyone can enjoy. If you’re looking for one of the best hotels in Notting Hill, The Laslett is the place to stay.
The Laslett - Top Notting Hill Hotel
A four star hotel in Notting Hill, The Laslett is the perfect place to rest your head each night after a long day exploring the city. Taking inspiration from the local neighborhood and with rooms designed by Tom Bartlett, founder of pre-eminent design studio Waldo Works, The Laslett offers comfort, luxury, and convenience.
- The Hotel - The Laslett is a 4-star boutique hotel in the heart of Notting Hill. It was named after Rhaune Laslett, one of the founders of the Notting Hill Festival and a key figure in the neighborhood's history. Taking inspiration from the area around it and paying homage to the beauty, charm, and style of Notting Hill and London as a city, The Laslett is situated on a quiet street of Victorian townhouses. It features its own library, artworks, coffee shop, and more, as well as a range of beautifully designed rooms and suites for guests.
- Rooms - Guests at The Laslett can choose from four different room types: Master Bedroom Double, Double Bedroom, Spare Room Double, and Spare Room Single. There are also Master Bedroom Suites available, offering up to 367 square feet of space. All of the rooms are furnished, designed, and decorated to an impeccable standard, taking inspiration from the local neighborhood and British culture in general. Guests will feel right at home in their accommodation at The Laslett, able to enjoy the comforts and conveniences of luxury bedding, colorful artwork on the walls, stylish decorations, ambient lighting
- The Location - The Laslett is situated mere meters away from Notting Hill Gate underground station. It's in the perfect place for exploration of the Notting Hill area, mere moments away from the market stalls and boutique shops of Portobello Road, while also being within walking distance of Kensington Palace and Kensington Gardens. Various cafés, restaurants, bars, and shops can be found nearby too, giving The Laslett a prime location that guests can really appreciate. With the underground station right nearby, you can be at major landmarks like Piccadilly Circus and Oxford Street in a matter of minutes.
- Hotel Amenities - Guests of the Laslett will be able to enjoy a wide range of amenities and facilities both in and out of their rooms. Down on the ground floor, you'll discover much more than a typical hotel lobby, with The Laslett actually having its own library featuring a carefully curated collection of British art and design books. Beautiful artworks from local designers and artists line the walls and the hotel also features cozy chairs, reading areas, and more, providing the perfect space for guests to simply relax and hang out outside of their rooms.
- Dining - Guests won't have to go hungry or thirsty at this Notting Hill boutique hotel, with The Laslett also being the home of The Henderson Bar. Named after local carnival founder and personality Russ Henderson, the bar offers a range of seasonal British dishes, speciality teas, exotic coffees from around the world, sweet treats for all taste preferences, and juicy cocktails too. The Henderson Bar is open all through the day, providing breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as afternoon tea and refreshments whenever you need them.
Situated at 8 Pembridge Gardens, Notting Hill, London, W2 4DU, The Laslett is one of the best hotels you can choose for your trip to London. Find out more at the official Laslett site and reserve online or by calling +44 020 7792 6688.
You are reading "5 of the Largest Cities in England " Back to Top