The Boathouse is a dining destination of choice for both tourists and neighborhood patrons as the eatery offers the best riverfront dining on the Tennessee River. This well-established Chattanooga tradition offers a large variety of seafood and barbecued meats served in a casual bar and grill. This award-winning grill and bar was founded by Owner Lawton Haygood, who also owns Canyon Grille and Sugar's Ribs restaurants. The Boathouse Store offers gift cards that can be purchased online.
Boathouse Rotisserie and Raw Bar operates daily from 11:00am to 10:00pm and bar service is offered until 11:00pm every day.
The Boathouse menu offers daily specials from both the raw bar kitchen and the grill kitchen, including starters, salads, sandwiches, desserts, and sides like black beans and rice, olive oil fries, island slaw, and ciabatta bread. The menu also offers beverages like Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, iced tea, and dark roasted French press coffee along with the below plates;
· Plates Served with Black Beans and Rice - whole grilled trout, Voodoo Chicken, Lotta-Lotta Garlic Chicken, grilled tilapia, and chicken chimichanga
· Plates Served with Olive Fries - wood spit-roasted 1/2 chicken, rotisserie brisket, oysters, catfish, wood grilled salmon, trout almondine, wood-grilled rib eye, and shrimp grilled
The bar offers draft beer from distributors who monitor “fresh dates” to ensure the freshness of the draft. The restaurant's draft beer cooling system is a large capacity walk-in cooler that houses the kegs. The Boathouse’s “SIPS” is an affordable and fun way to try different types of wines with one wine card.
The Boathouse bar menu offers a wide range of whites, sparkling, Champagne, reds, draft domestic, draft premium, bottled domestic, bottled premiums, and gluten-free cider
The Boathouse offers daily specials for lunch, dinner, and bar. The specials change every day and are announced on the restaurant website;
· Afternoon Specials - Daily 2:00pm to 6:00pm
· Half Price Oysters - Mondays all day
· $8.50 Catfish Entree - Wednesdays all day
· Daily Cocktail Hour - Daily 2:00pm to 6:00pm
· Half Price "Lawton Rita" - Tuesdays 2:00pm to 6:00pm
· Half Price Caipirinha - Thursdays 2:00pm to 6:00pm
The Boathouse is one of the top oyster bars in the US. The restaurant offers oysters only from state-certified and inspected waters that meet the restaurant's quality standards. The restaurant constantly adds new varieties of oysters that are sourced from the US and Canada;
· Intense fruitiness, sweet, briny from Johns River
· Slightly sweet, crisp, mildly salty from Chesapeake Bay
· Refined, light, delicate from Beausoleil
· Plump, sweet, full flavor and buttery, very briny with a clean finish from Apalachicola Bay
· Buttery, briny, clean from Island Creek
The Boathouse Party Room offers a spectacular view of the Tennessee River. The venue seats up to 46 people and an optional patio space can accommodate and additional 20 guests. Menu options and availability of the party room can be obtained by calling the Boathouse or by sending an email.
Boathouse Rotisserie and Raw Bar, 1459 Riverside Drive, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37406, website, Phone: 423-622-0122
Back to: Chattanooga Restaurants