From the bustling city streets of Houston and Dallas to the wonderful wildlife and natural spaces of Lyndon B. Johnson State Park, Texas is filled with a diverse array of landscapes and scenery for all to enjoy. Those planning in vacations in Texas have to consider a trip down to South Padre Island, one of the Lone Star State's most desirable destinations.
Situated in Cameron County, this little barrier island is home to just a few thousand people but attracts many more each year as a popular resort destination, being a wonderful place for dolphin watching, horseback riding on the beach, sunbathing, swimming, and water sports. If you're looking for one of the best places to stay at South Padre Island for families and kids, the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island Waterpark and Beach Resort is the place to be.
Schlitterbahn South Padre Island - Waterpark and Beach Resort at South Padre Island
Schlitterbahn South Padre Island is easily one of the best family-friendly locations at South Padre Island. Offering wonderful accommodation and exciting attractions all in one expansive resort, complete with super service and top-class amenities, Schlitterbahn South Padre Island really has all you need for an amazing family getaway.
Here's what to expect at Schlitterbahn South Padre Island and why this location is considered such a great place for families to stay at South Padre Island:
- The Rooms - Guests choosing to stay over at the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island can choose from many different room types, with various styles and sizes available to accommodate all groups, needs, and budgets. From standard rooms with two queen beds to king suites with ocean views and full kitchens, there are a lot of varied options to choose from. Whether you’re traveling as a couple, a family, or a group of friends, you’ll be able to find the right room or suite for you.
- Room Amenities - All of the rooms and suites come equipped with a long list of useful amenities and convenient features as standard. These amenities include a coffee maker with Wolfgang Puck coffee, a microwave and mini-fridge for all your cooking needs, a TV with over 60 channels, reliable Wi-Fi access to help everyone stay connected and update their social media feeds with fun photos from the trip to South Padre Island, high quality Gilchrist and Soames bath products, an iron, an ironing board, a safe, a radio, and a hair dryer.
- Resort Amenities - The rooms at the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island are fitted out with plenty of fun amenities, and the resort itself is also equipped with a lot of different features and attractions. There are plenty of different pools around the resort, two separate water parks with fun slides for all ages, multiple restaurants, beach chair and umbrella rental services, and more. Guests can also choose to upgrade their stays to include family or romance packages with additional extras like a rose petal turndown service for intimate moments or a family pack of towels and cups waiting in your room when you arrive.
- The Indoor Waterpark - Schlitterbahn South Padre Island features both an indoor and outdoor waterpark. The indoor waterpark is open through the colder periods of the year like from October through to April. During this period, all of the water is heated with state of the art climate control technology and the outdoor water park is closed. You'll find two huge slides, a pair of beach areas, kids zones, multiple pools, a tidal wave river, a game area, and a refreshment bar. It's easy to see why the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island indoor waterpark is rated as one of the best family attractions in Texas.
- The Outdoor Waterpark - During the spring and summer months, the indoor waterpark at Schlitterbahn South Padre Island makes way for the outdoor alternative. One of the most exciting open air waterparks in Texas, this area is equipped with some truly incredible slides like Blackbeard's Twister and Lafitte's Cyclone, as well as the Playa Azul beach area, the Pirate's Cove play area for the kids, the always-exciting Mega Blast attraction, the Seaside Pool with ocean views, and much more.
- Events and Weddings at South Padre Island - Planning a special event like a meeting or birthday part at Schlitterbahn South Padre Island? Maybe you've chosen this dreamy Texas barrier island as your perfect wedding destination? If so, the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island can serve as the idyllic venue for your event. Ranked as one of the most fun and fully-equipped wedding venues on the Texas coast, Schlitterbahn South Padre Island offers all the space, service, and amenities you need to organize any kind of event from a wedding ceremony to a corporate conference. There are many different spaces and venues around the resort, capable of hosting small groups of just 20 people to large crowds of 700 guests.
Without a doubt one of the best places to stay at South Padre Island, the Schlitterbahn South Padre Island is more than just a hotel, more than just an attraction; it’s a full-service resort with water parks, restaurants, luxury suites, immediate beach access, ocean views, and more.