La Panaderia in San Antonio, Texas, serves up authentic Mexican breads and pastries to the public. Owner Jose Caceres deeply understands the importance of staying true to the authenticity of Mexican cuisine. As a child he and his brother assisted their mother with selling baked goods, and with much dedication and work, Caceres and his family were eventually able to own a retail chain of bakeries in Mexico. In fact, millions of people throughout Mexico enjoyed the baked goods that Caceres’ mother used to bake and sell on the streets.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Jose and his family eventually discovered that the industrialization of their bakery resulted in an inferior quality, which is something that bothered Jose and his family very much. Jose and his brother felt that making baked goods on a wholesale level resulted in the products lacking a certain degree culture. After getting the opportunity to supply baked goods for Starbucks in Mexico City, Jose realized that he wanted to create his own brand of panaderia that stays true to the authentic style of making Mexican baked goods that he learned from his mother. Thus, La Panaderia was born.
La Panaderia understands the importance of breaking bread with customers, which is why they refer to visiting patrons as compañero, which translated from Spanish means “one who breaks bread with another.” Using a unique fermentation process that can take up to 72 hours, La Panaderia invites visitors to enjoy the authentic taste of Mexican baked goods in San Antonio.
La Panaderia operates 7 days a week. The specific days and hours of operation are as follows.
San Antonio, Texas 78209
Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 8:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 5:00pm
255 E. Basse Road
San Antonio, Texas
La Panaderia does not accept reservations. Customers are served on a first-come first-served basis.
The menu at La Panaderia consists of assortments of authentic Mexican baked goods featuring pastries and bread. La Panaderia uses a special fermentation process to create baked goods that have a uniquely delicious flavor. The following are some of the menu offerings at La Panaderia.
· Breakfast - Pan Francés, El Favorito, and the Continental.
· Make Your Own - (Available for breakfast, lunch or dinner) La Vegetariana, La Clásica, Mexican Cubana, ham and egg, chicken Milanesa, Hawaiana, turkey with a choice of croissant, telera or birote, and a side salad or soup.
· Kids - Beans and Swiss cheese or beans, ham, or Swiss cheese.
· Salads - Chicken bowl, avocado bowl, chicken Milanesa bowl, or turkey bowl.
· Coffee - Premium cafe goteo (American or decaf), espresso or double espresso, latte, cappuccino, and Americano.
· Refreshments - Bottled water, iced tea, Mexican soda, and aguas frescas.
La Panaderia, 8305 Broadway, San Antonio, TX 78209, Phone: 210-375-6746