Bliss in San Antonio is a chef-owned restaurant that offers delicious, fresh, seasonal menu options in an intimate setting. Opened in 2011 by Chef Mark Bliss, diners will enjoy an eclectic menu that features unique options along with the finest selection of artisan breads, cheeses, and charcuterie as well as a very well thought out wine list. The food is American cuisine meets upscale dining.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Bliss is open for dinner service Tuesday to Thursday 5:30pm to 10:00pm and Friday to Saturday 5:30pm to 11:00pm. Reservations are not required, but they are recommended.
The menu at Bliss features fresh, seasonal American cuisine, and patrons are urged to create their own multi-course meals that suit their personal tastes. Bliss offers dinner service with a menu that includes an assortment of unique dishes.
Please note that because Bliss aims to provide the freshest seasonal foods available, the menu is subject to change.
· Small Plates/Shared/Soups - Includes such choices as chilled tomato consommé, Japanese hamachi sashimi tostadas, oyster sliders, crispy softshell crab, warm octopus with chorizo and peppercorns, half a dozen half-shell East Coast oysters, and soy-glazed Kurobuta pork belly.
· Salads - Iceberg lettuce wedge salad with candied bacon, arugula and radicchio salad with dried figs, almonds and goat cheese, bibb lettuce salad with prosciutto di Parma, English cucumber, cherry tomatoes and avocado, and a mint marigold salad with apples, grapes, candied walnuts, and watercress.
· Vegetarian - Veggie enchilada made with cremini mushrooms, black bean refrito, cilantro, bell peppers, avocado, and butternut squash with goat and pepper jack cheeses.
· Seafood - Whole grilled and roasted Mediterranean branzino, shrimp, pan-seared snapper and sun-dried tomato risotto, and Georges Bank seared sea scallops with cheddar grits.
· Poultry - Two-piece roasted Lockhart quail stuffed with dirty rice and seared Grade A foie gras with a peppercorn-encrusted duck breast.
· Pork - Upscale pork and beans with heirloom pork shank, applewood-smoked bacon, corona beans, and grilled Broccolini.
· Beef - Short ribs with a side of glazed carrots, peas. and buttery mashed potatoes, and a grilled beef tenderloin with a side of asparagus, heirloom tomatoes, tri-color potato salad. and chimichurri.
Bliss offers gift certificates in the form of Bliss Gifts. Individuals can choose from the provided gift card designs with gift certificate options starting at $20.00. The gift cards can be sent to the recipient directly or physically mailed for the cost of postage.
Bliss accommodates various private dining events suited for different party sizes. For parties of up to 52 people the main dining room is available for buyout.
Bliss also has a dedicated private dining area that seats up to 30 patrons. Assortments of seating arrangements are available, which include u-shape, boardroom, and round. The private dining area is also equipped with a Wi-Fi connection, a high-definition flat television, a speaker system and power, and data points.
The chef table offers seating for up to 10 people, where diners can enjoy a five-course tasting menu in the heart of the Bliss kitchen. Menu options are based on seasonal availability as well as guest preferences.
There is also seasonal dining space located on the back patio.
For convenience, Bliss has an adjacent parking lot with 50 parking spaces.
926 South Presa Street, San Antonio, TX 78210, Phone: 210-225-2547