Located on the bank of Salado Creek, fed by both fresh and mineral water springs, on the site of a Comanches campground and the Tonkawa village, Salado was organized as a town in 1859 and quickly became an oasis of culture on the rough frontier. Salado College was established in 1860, as well as the first Grange in Texas, the Institute for the Humanities at Salado and the first bridge in Texas. Today, Salado is a charming village that many artists call home, full of beautiful historic buildings, restaurants, galleries, breweries and wineries. Stagecoach Inn is located in the oldest house in Salado and 1866 Barton House is today an upscale restaurant. Salado Sculpture Garden houses many artworks of local artists. Certain attractions may be temporarily closed or require advance reservations. Some restaurants are currently offering pickup only. Hours/availability may have changed.
1.Barrow Brewing Company
2.Salado Sculpture Garden
4.Stagecoach Inn History
4 Best Things to Do in Salado, TX
- Barrow Brewing Company, Photo: Barrow Brewing Company
- Salado Sculpture Garden, Photo: Salado Chamber of Commerce
- Barton House, Photo: Barton House
- Stagecoach Inn History, Photo: Stagecoach Inn History
- Cover Photo: Salado Chamber of Commerce
More Ideas: Inn On The Creek in Salado, Texas
Texas is an amazing state to visit on vacation, filled with vibrant big cities, fascinating historical locations, gorgeous natural areas, and some of the friendliest and most down-to-earth people in all of America. One of the hottest spots for a vacation of any kind in Texas is Salado.
This little Bell County village is situated just between the cities of Waco and Austin, drawing in tourists due to its scenic surroundings, picturesque hiking trails, fantastic fishing spots, and amazing arts district. If you're planning a trip to Salado and looking for a great place to stay, the Inn On The Creek could be the perfect option for you.
Inn On The Creek in Salado, Texas
Situated just 50 miles north of Austin, the Inn On The Creek is one of the top Salado resorts for you and your friends, family, and other loved ones to choose for your next vacation. Surrounded by gorgeous scenery, this elegant and refined property offers luxurious lodging, 5-star service, and superb amenities to make your stay as relaxing and enjoyable as possible.
- Location - The Inn On The Creek, which dates all the way back to the 1880s, is situated on the banks of Salado Creek, enjoying amazing views all around and offering a romantic, intimate atmosphere for all guests due to its secluded spot. Tall cypress trees and stunning grounds surround you in every direction, while the local amenities and art galleries of Salado are only a short walk away. Whether you're interested in outdoor activities like golf, fishing, and hiking, or something totally different like shopping, fine dining, and admiring art, Salado has everything you need for a great stay and the Inn On The Creek is the perfect place to base yourself.
- Rooms - The Inn On The Creek features no less than 22 individual private guest rooms, spread out across six different locations all around the inn. Each room is unique, with its own personality and charms, and the sizes and features differ from one room to the next. Those looking for total intimacy, for instance, might choose to stay at Horton House, which is an individual cottage looking out over Royal Street. Those traveling with friends might favor the GIles-Kindred House, which features two bedrooms and two baths, perfect for a pair of couples. Those looking for easy access to the inn's amenities, meanwhile, might choose a room in the Manor, with the inn's gym and hot tub mere minutes away.
- Room Amenities - All of the rooms at the Inn On The Creek are uniquely decorated and furnished, so you can revisit the inn and try out different rooms or find your own personal favorite. They each feature large, comfortable beds with high quality linen, and many also come with spacious seating areas, original features like fireplaces, hardwood floors, storage spaces, and plenty more. All guests can enjoy free Wi-Fi in any room of the inn, and you'll also find private in-room coffee makers, refrigerators, complimentary rooms, HD TVs with cable, and daily housekeeping services.
- Inn Amenities - As for the amenities of the inn itself, you'll find that the Inn On The Creek offers everything you need for a soothing, memorable, magical stay. One of the highlights of staying at this Salado inn is the 11-seater Cal-Spa hot tub with powerful jets and beautiful views right over Salado Creak. The inn also has its own fully equipped gym for fitness enthusiasts, as well as offering limo transfers around the local area, free breakfast each morning, communal lounge spaces, a gift shop, it's own art gallery, and two different dining locations.
- Dining - Those who choose to stay at the Inn On The Creek will have the choice between two on-site dining establishments: The Shed and Alexander's. Providing a cozy interior with classic Texan imagery and colorful décor, complete with friendly service and a lively atmosphere, The Shed offers enjoyable casual dining for all ages and is a pet-friendly Salado restaurant too. You'll find classic Texas food here including good beers, great nachos, delicious steaks, and spicy wings. Those looking for something more elegant can head over to Alexander's, offering a superb selection of craft cocktails, fine wines, and gourmet meals with influences and recipes from all over the world.
- Weddings and Events - If you're thinking about a wedding in Salado, the Inn On The Creek is the place to be. This is one of the best Texas wedding venues, offering full catering services, interior and exterior event spaces, luxury accommodation for plenty of guests, and scenic surroundings to really make your big day extra special. The Inn On The Creek can cater for small and large weddings, with space for several hundred guests, and also offers its event planning and catering services for corporate events and all other kinds of special days and celebrations.
You are reading "4 Best Things to Do in Salado, TX " Back to Top