Hudson's on Hilton Head Island used to be a family-owned seafood processing plant in the 1920s and was purchased by the Carmines family in the 1975. Since 1975, Hudson's has been a seafood restaurant that is also partly used to process fish. The restaurant offers a great waterfront experience with its dockside seating that features the best sunset views on the island. Hudson's has been recently renovated as the restaurant was flooded by the King Tide in 2015, after which Hurricane Matthew caused damage in 2016.
Hudson's is open daily except for Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Super Bowl Sunday. Lunch is served from 11:00am to 4:00pm, dinner is from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, and brunch is served on Sundays from 10:00am to 4:00pm.
· Brunch Menu - oysters, granola, brunch entrees, sides, smoothies, soups/salads, lunch entrees/sandwiches, and beverages
· Lunch Menu - appetizers, oyster bar, salads, sandwiches/wraps, lunch entrees, and homemade desserts
· Dinner Menu - year-round a la carte, appetizers, soups, seafood specialties, “landfood,” extras, beverages, homemade desserts, and signature salads
· Kids Menu - Kids under 12 get to choose from fried shrimp, fried fish, hamburger, cheeseburger, grilled cheese sandwich, PB&J sandwich, chicken fingers, and corn dog. Kids’ meals are served with french fries and apple sauce.
· Happy Hour - Drinks include domestic draughts, domestic longnecks, microbrews, well drinks, Mai Tais, dockside lemonade, and house wines. Happy hour snacks consist of Real Deal BBQ shrimp, fried pickles and onion rings, shrimp burger slider, American brisket slider, local shrimp bruschetta, traditional English fish ‘n chips, bánh mì slider, and more.
· Oyster Bar Menu - oysters, clams, snow crab legs, house salad, soup of the day, shrimp, live Maine lobster, and desserts
· Libations Menu - specialty cocktails, margaritas, shooters, frozen specialty cocktails, beers, and wines by the glass and by the bottle
Hudson's venues can be booked over the phone for private dining. The restaurant accommodates both small intimate dinners and larger events.
· Crab Shedding - Hudson's owns an in-house state-of-the-art seawater system to shed out softshell crabs in the spring. Guests get to watch the shell shedding process during the season.
· Sunday Brunch - The island's best Sunday brunch is served at Hudson’s from 10:00am to 4:00pm
· Happy Hour - Food and drink specials are served during Hudson's happy hour, from 3:00pm to 6:00pm daily
Shell Ring Oyster Company
Shell Ring Oyster Company is an oyster farm and an environmental undertaking initiated by General Manager Andrew Carmines. The farm was started in 2013 with an aim to grow Hudson’s very own fresh oysters and clean the water in the process of growing oysters. The farm provides Hudson’s restaurant with the finest local single-select oysters.
Hudson's online shop sells gift cards, the Hudson’s Cookbook, Hudson’s seasoning, koozies, mugs, stadium cups, bumper stickers, hats, visors, and men, women and children’s apparel, available for shipping to the continental US.
Hudson's Seafood House on the Docks, 1 Hudson Road, Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, 29926, website, Phone: 843-681-2772
More: Los Angeles weather, Lake Tahoe weather, Palm Springs weather, Madrid weather, Dublin weather, Copenhagen weather, Budapest weather, Zurich weather, Asheville weather, Jamaica weather, Sanibel Island weather, New England weather, Asia weather, Seattle weather, Nantucket weather, Grand Canyon weather