Purple Patch is a Filipino-American restaurant in Washington, D.C. The restaurant was started in March 2015 by co-founder Patrice Cleary, who inherited a passion for cooking from her Filipino mother. The restaurant is named after an English terminology – a Purple Patch – meaning a run of success or good luck. Cleary works with the motto to provide consistently good food coupled with great service and to inspire many more to open up their own restaurant.
Half of the restaurant's menu items are dedicated to recipes from Cleary's mother, Mama Alice, and the other half consists of comfort food enjoyed by her husband and son. A chef herself, Cleary taught her crew how to prepare Filipino food just the way her mother taught her.
Purple Patch operates 7 days a week. The restaurant's dinner is served Sunday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 10:30pm and on Fridays and Saturdays from 5:30pm to 11:00pm. Weekend brunch is offered on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:00am to 3:00pm.
· Appetizers & Small Dishes - Mama Alice’s lumpia, lechon kawali, fried guajillo pepper chicken wings, grilled white miso chicken wings, Purple Patch sliders, chilled baby red beet and heirloom tomato salad, BBQ pork, Brussels sprouts, baby arugula salad, and miso Caesar
· Sides - sautéed shiitake mushrooms & green beans, jasmine rice, hand-cut fries, roasted baby vegetables, macaroni gratinee, house salad, and atchara papaya salad
· Entrees & Shared Dishes - chicken adobo, ribeye steak, escabeche, pork sinigang, grilled hamburger on a brioche bun, steak frites, ginataang shrimp and kale, ginisang hipon, grilled pork sandwich, sizzling sisig, pancit canton made of flour noodles, and pancit bihon made of thin rice noodles
· Brunch - grapefruit salad, granola parfait, chocolate Champurrado, ube pancakes, French toast, waffle, Filipino sausage, tapsilog, fried pork sisig, crab fritters, pulled pork, sautéed garlic shrimp, chicken adobo hash, tofu hash, and red snapper and smoked bacon bagel
· Sides - fried egg, longanisa, tapa, fried chicken, atchara papaya salad, lechon kawali, garlic fried rice, jasmine rice, and fruit salad
· Beverages - coffee, tea, orange juice, iced tea, and lemonade
· Brunch Cocktails - Bloody Mary, infused Bloody Mary, bacon-infused Bloody Mary, and Mimosa
Purple Patch offers an online reservation option powered by Resy, available on the restaurant website. The restaurant also accepts reservations via email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For dine-in and private events consisting of 8 or more people, an email must be sent to the restaurant and a representative will get back within an hour. Guests get to choose from two dining spaces as Purple Patch offers a casual upstairs dining room setting and another more casual downstairs dining area complete with high-top tables.
Purple Patch offers electronic gift cards that can be purchased online on the restaurant's website. Gift cards can be purchased for any value up to $200 and can be presented in a printed copy format to be redeemed at the restaurant.
Purple Patch DC, 3155 Mt Pleasant St NW, Washington, DC 20010, website, Phone: 202-299-0022