The Old Ebbitt Grill is an American historic bar and restaurant located steps from the White House. This casual restaurant is a district staple and has been a D.C. tradition since 1856. The restaurant is currently owned and operated by Clyde's Restaurant Group, a private company founded in 1963. The Clyde Group has 14 other restaurants in the Washington metropolitan area. The Old Ebbitt Grill was the oldest restaurant purchased by Clyde Group in 1970, and ever since then, the company has expanded its namesake "Clyde's" brand name into a small chain of restaurants famous for their fresh ingredients and classic recipes.
Old Ebbitt Grill is open 7 days a week; from Monday to Friday, the restaurant serves breakfast from 7:30am to 11:00am, lunch from 11:00am to 5:00pm, dinner from 5:00pm to 12:00am, and late night fares from 12:00am to 1:00am.
On Saturdays and Sundays brunch is served from 8:30am to 4:00pm, dinner from 4:00pm to 12:00am, and late night fares from 12:00am to 1:00am.
The bar remains open until 2:00am Sunday through Thursday, and until 3:00am on Fridays and Saturdays.
Old Ebbitt Grill & Bar menu offers a large variety with its children's menu,starters, entree salads, oysters, dessert, late night fares, wine list, cocktails, beer, reserve wines, nuggets from the cellar, whiskey list, burgers and sandwiches, and a list of wines by the glass. The main menu varieties at the restaurant include:
· Breakfast - all-American breakfast, omelets, eggs Benedicts, breakfast sandwiches, pancakes, waffles, French toast, breakfast pastries, cereals, sides, and hot beverages
· Brunch - house-made granola, French toast breakfast club, frittata, brioche French toast, corned beef hash, fish tacos, grilled skirt steak, jumbo lump crab cakes, eggs Chesapeake, eggs Benedict, fried oysters Benedict, chicken and waffle, and more
· Lunch - Lunch mains consist of cannelloni di casa, mussels fra diavolo, shrimp cappellini, spicy sausage garganelli, Maryland dayboat scallops, grilled skirt steak, grilled Duroc pork chop, brick chicken, frittata, bacon horseradish glazed meatloaf, pan-seared Atlantic salmon, and more.
· Dinner – House-made pasta, and dinner entrees that consists of dry-aged ribeye steak, filet mignon, grilled Duroc pork chop, Maryland Dayboat scallops, brick chicken, pan-seared Atlantic salmon, shrimp and grits, and more
Old Ebbitt Grill has partnered with OpenTable to provide free, secure, and instantly confirmed online reservations. The online reservations can be made for groups of up to 4 people. To reserve space for parties larger than 4 people, the reservations can be made by contacting the restaurant via phone.
Old Ebbitt Grill also organizes seasonal special events like Easter Brunch & Dinner, Mother's Day, Austrian Wine Tour, and Father's Day, announced under “Upcoming Events.”
Old Ebbitt Grill offers private event facilities for groups from small parties to lavish weddings at its diverse spaces;
· Cabinet Room - 75 people
· Oyster Bar - 60 guests
· Full Atrium - 400 seated or 700 standing
· Rooftop Terrace - 250 guests
· Partial Atrium - 150 guests
· Corner Bar Alcove - 25 guests
Old Ebbitt Grill, 675 15th Street, NW Washington, DC 20005, website, Phone: 202-347-4800