Mussel Bar & Grille is a chain of Belgian-inspired American eateries that offer mussels, grill, raw bar, brick oven-fired pizzas, and beers. Mussel Bar & Grille serves Penn Cove mussels from Washington State, meats, poultry, and Atlantic seafood from both the grill and wood-fired brick oven as well as a raw bar, wood-fired pies, and an exquisite range of Belgian beers. Mussel Bar & Grille operates in Arlington, Bethesda, and Baltimore locations of the United States.
Restaurateur and chef Robert Wiedmaier started the first Mussel Bar & Grille in Bethesda, Maryland, in 2010, which was followed by other locations of Mussel Bar & Grille in the Arlington and Baltimore locations. The German-born, Belgian-American chef is an expert in Belgian cuisine and owns several other restaurants in Washington, D.C.
Penn Cove mussels
Mussel Bar & Grille serves Penn Cove mussels from Washington State instead of the most commonly used PEI cultured mussels widely used in restaurants. The reason Mussel Bar chooses Penn Cove mussels is that these mussels are farmed in the pristine waters of Quilcene Bay, located 2 hours north of Seattle, plus they are harvested to order. Fresh mussels are delivered three times a week to all locations of Mussel Bar & Grille.
Operating Hours (updated on 4/16/2017)
The Arlington Mussel Bar serves lunch Monday through Saturday from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Brunch is served on Sundays from 11:00am to 3:00pm. Dinner is served Monday to Sunday between 5:00pm and 11:00pm. The bar operates daily from 11:00am to 12:00am. The restaurant's happy hour is daily Monday through Sunday from 3:00pm to 7:00pm.
· Dinner - mussels, main course, brick oven-fired pizzas, sides, cold and hot starters, and Le Bar à Huitres served with a choice of two sauces
· Lunch - Includes brick oven-fired pizzas, hot and cold starters, main course, mussels, Le Bar à Huitres, and the Top Those Greens list that offers options like grilled chicken, grilled shrimp, fried oysters, grilled salmon, and certified Angus coulotte steak.
· Bar - brick oven-fired pizzas, mussels, and a bar menu like MB & G Wings, Parmesan tater tots, blue crab dip, fried calamari, grilled brisket burger, and truffle frites
· Dessert Menu - Features items likeNutella s'mores, Seckel pear almond cake, Greek yogurt panna cotta, local root beer float, Santa Lucia French press coffee, cappuccino, Irish coffee, sambuca, Frangelico, Disaronno, Grand Marnier, and Croft Ruby Port. The desserts menu also offers in-house ice creams and sorbets.
· Brunch - Classic brunch items are served on cast iron pans and include salads, brunch libations, charcuterie board, entrees and accompaniments, a seasonal dessert display, a carving station, and mini mason jars of Greek yogurt, Bircher muesli, and seasonal fruit.
· Drinks - Include cocktails, draft beers, and wines. Rotating drafts varieties include Flanders ale, Witbier, and Hefeweizen. Mussel Bar’s wine options consists of whites, reds, champagne, and sparkling.
The Arlington Mussel Bar & Grille accepts online reservations made on the restaurant’s website. The online table reservations are made through the OpenTable application, which allows free table reservations for up to 10 people.
Back to: Things to Do in Arlington
Mussel Bar Arlington, 800 North Glebe Rd, Arlington, Virginia 22203, website, Phone: 703-841-2337