Within Chicago’s West Loop is Monteverde, the neighborhood Italian restaurant that’s known for blending traditional Italian cuisine, thanks to former Top Chef contestant Chef Sarah Grueneberg and her own style of cooking which came from her family heritage and the experience from travelling around the world.
Aside from the usual traditional dishes, Monteverde also offers lovers of Italian fare to experience something new. This is thanks to the use of unique cooking methods with the best ingredients of the Midwest to create the most adventurous of flavors.
Within the restaurant is Pastificio, the place where handmade pastas of different sizes and textures are made through the day. Thanks to Chef Sarah, Monteverde Restaurant and Pacificio is one of Chicago’s most important pasta destinations.
Online reservations with Monteverde can be made with Reserve for groups of less than 8 people. Groups of 8 or more people have to make the reservations directly with the restaurant by email. Meanwhile, the restaurant always saves room for walk-in patrons. The bar and patio, which feature the full menu, are available on a first come, first served basis.
Monteverde accepts orders for pickup online via Toasttab. It’s also a good idea to bring home a bag of Gruenberg’s dried pastas.
- Specials: Green Mountain Benedict, Scrambled Egg Fonduta, Meg’s Mountain Potatoes, Cacciatore Sausage, Soppressata Meatball
- Snacks: Zeppole, PBT!, Artichoke and Sunchoke Crostini, Octopus Spiedino, Nduja Aracini
- Small Plates: Burrata e Ham, Citrus Salad, Hamachi Crudo, Oma’s Green Mountain Salad, Smoked Fish Rillettes, Roasted Sea Scallops, Grilled Striped Sea Bass Acqua Pazza, Lillian’s Stuffed Cabbage
- Pasta della Casa: Egg Yolk Raviolo, Tortelloni di Zucca, Spaghettini al Pomodoro, Gnocchetti Con Pesto, Cacio Why Pepe
- For the Table: Ragy alla Napoletana, Creekstone Farms 24 Oz. Prime Bone-in Ribeye
- Brunch Cocktails: This is Not a Bellini, Bloody Mary, Bob Ross
- Desserts: Butterscotch Budino, Dreamscale Sundae, Vin Santo and Chocolate-Dipped Biscotti, House Spun Ice Cream and Sorbet
The restaurant also has a separate menu for gluten-free dishes.
Monteverde holds a number of events that feature special menus. Like most Chicago restaurants, they take part in Chicago Restaurant Week.
The restaurant’s interior makes it an ideal venue for hosting a number of private events and special occasions. The place can be privately booked for events that take place during the day, and can be set to accommodate groups composed of 70 (seated) to 100 (standing) people.
For more information, call 312-888-3041 or visit Monteverde’s official website.
Monteverde, 1020 West Madison Street, Chicago, IL 60607, website, Phone: 312-888-3041
More: Denver weather, San Francisco weather, Vienna weather, Glasgow weather, Lisbon weather, Niagara Falls weather, Toronto weather, San Juan weather, Scottsdale weather, Santorini weather, Melbourne weather, Auckland weather, Napa weather, Turks and Caicos weather, Oslo weather, Tokyo weather, Aruba weather, Mumbai weather, Prague weather