Five Fifty-Five in Portland, Maine
Five Fifty-Five, or 555, is an elegant fine dining restaurant in Portland run by Chef Steve Corry and his wife Michelle Corry. This fashionable double-story restaurant offers sophisticated American cuisine in its tasteful interior setting that sports an open kitchen. Popular for its truffled lobster mac n’cheese and other signature tasting menu items, 555 has a reputation for serving menu items that cannot be substituted. The restaurant has won several awards and recognitions for its culinary expertise and interesting selection of wines that perfectly complement their dishes. Five Fifty-Five
The restaurant has a Sunday brunch menu, a la carte tasting menu, signature tasting menu, and other seasonal menus that are updated when available. All menu items are subject to change, depending on availability and season.
· Sunday Brunch Menu - Thebrunch menu offers small plates of simple greens, pumpkin soup, and apple-pear parfait. The large plates offer vegetable omelets, poached eggs, French toast, tortilla, biscuits and gravy, and mussels. A seasonal fruit preserve with crostini and nuts is also on the menu.
· Signature Tasting Menu - Starts with pumpkin soup in the first course, followed by a second course of beets and kale salad, mussels, and grilled Caesar. The third course is truffled lobster mac n’cheese, scallops, and braised short rib. The fourth course is the chef’s choice cheese plate and the final course has desserts like chestnut cake, a confection plate, and the Creamsicle.
· A La Carte Tasting Menu - Comprises a list of New England seafood snacks, seasonal small plates, seasonal large plates, assorted cheese plates, and a wide variety of pastries.
· Seasonal Menus - Depends on the occasion and is changed with the season. Examples of seasonal menus include a Valentine’s Day menu and a Restaurant Week menu. Photo: Five Fifty-Five
Romantic Getaway, Places to Visit, things to do with kids near me & beaches near me: Things to Do in Williamsburg VA, Weekend trips from San Francisco, Best Romantic Weekend Getaways in Michigan
»Plan your Visit
Although walk-ins are entertained on a first-come first-serve basis, the restaurant recommends making reservations for any group larger than six people. Reservations are to be made online on their website or via a phone call. The restaurant does not accept reservations via email. Menu modifications due to allergies or diet restrictions can be accommodated if informed in advance.
555 offers a wide range of private dining options for groups coming together for corporate dinners, business presentations, and wine tastings or such celebrations as wedding dinners, family gatherings, or any occasion. All private dining bookings need to be discussed with the restaurant in advance.
Their upscale private dining room can accommodate 30 seats, or 50 people if it is a standing event. Their semi-private dining room overlooking the restaurant kitchen from the balcony can accommodate 18 guests for seated dining. 555 also offers partial restaurant buy-outs to rent out the first floor of the restaurant, which can accommodate 55 seats.
Back to: Portland, Maine.
Address: Five Fifty-Five, 555 Congress Street, Portland, Maine 04101, website, Phone: 207-761-0555
Photo: Five Fifty-Five
Vacation Ideas: Best California beaches, Romantic weekend getaways, TX, DC
Five Fifty-Five in Portland, Maine
- Menu, Photo: Five Fifty-Five
- Plan your Visit, Photo: Five Fifty-Five
- Cover Photo: Five Fifty-Five
More: What's Near Me, What to See Tomorrow & Tonight, Visiting Hotels, Resorts for couples, Must See Attractions, Tourism, School, Inns, Festival Hours, 10 Best Family Attractions on a Budget, Unique Sightseeing, Fun Things to Do Near Me at Night, Free Dating Activities, Museums, Best of & Famous Tourist Sights, Where to Go & Best Romantic Places to Visit Now
More: Maine resorts, Things to Do in Maine, Romantic getaways in Maine, Things to Do in Portland, Places to visit in Maine, Romantic Getaways in Maine, Maine lighthouses, mountains in Maine, waterfalls in Maine, Portland Maine weather, Portland lighthouses, Things to Do in Bangor, summer ideas, Maine vacation, Maine wedding venues, drive-in theaters in Maine, where to stay in Acadia, Maine islands