Epocha is a modern European restaurant and bar in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. The restaurant and bar was started in September 2012 by owners Angie Giannakodakis and Guy Holder. Set in a splendid Victorian terrace on the edge of Melbourne’s CBD, the restaurant overlooks Carlton Gardens and the Royal Exhibition Buildings in its vicinity.
The word epocha in many European languages means a moment in time or a new or distinctive era. True to its name, the restaurant's menu offers sharing dishes that attribute their humble origins to Europe. The menu consists of tasty and wholesome food that is cooked with love and meant to nourish one's soul.
· Restaurant - Dinner is served Tuesday through Saturday from 5:30pm till 12:00am. Lunch is served from Tuesday to Saturday between 12:00pm and 3:00pm and the Sunday roast lunch time is from 12:00pm to 3:00pm. Epocha remains closed on Mondays and public holidays.
· Hannah’s Bar - The bar is open from Tuesday to Saturday between 5:00pm and late night. Hannah’s Bar is closed on Mondays, Sundays, and public holidays.
The Epocha menu offers small and large shares, snacks, oysters shucked to order, desserts and cheese, and a chef's sharing menu that is a feast designed around the seasons. The menu also offers;
· From The Storehouse - chicken liver pâté, rhubarb and vanilla purée with brioche, duck, pork, green peppercorn and pistachio terrine, charcuterie with condiments, and a selection of charcuterie
· Accompaniments - roasted potatoes with duck fat, fried broccoli with garlic, anchovy and Grana Padano, baby cos, coddled egg, pancetta, and parmesan
Epocha uses the Vestal water filtration system for its still and sparkling waters. Unlimited sparkling water is priced at $5 per person and their filtered still water is free of charge.
Sunday Roast Lunch
Epocha offer a nostalgic Sunday roast with all the trimmings. This regular Sunday event offers a progressive family-style spread to share and features some of the restaurant's favorite dishes. The menu offers weekly roast options consisting one of the house favorites like roast pork, roast beef, roast chicken, and roast lamb. The roast options for every Sunday can be found on the restaurant’s website.
Weddings at Epocha
Epocha's strategic location makes it an ideal venue for weddings and many other private functions. The restaurant offers up to six-course wedding food menus along with a beverage menu that offers wines and soft drinks.
Epocha's online bookings diary is powered by the OpenTable application that offers instantly confirmed online bookings for groups of up to 15 people. Groups of 8 or more guests are required to choose dining options from the restaurant's group menu. Parties larger than 20 guests can choose from Epocha's function packages and opt to dine at one of Epocha's three private dining spaces meant for functions;
· The Green Room - 15 standing or 10 seated
· The Maybelle Room and Hannah’s Bar - 80 standing or 42 seated
· Main Dining Room and Exclusive Use - 120 standing or 110 seated
Epocha, No 49 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, Victoria 3053, Australia, Phone: +6-13-90-36-49-49, website
Back to: Melbourne, Australia
Fun Romantic Weekend Getaways, Beach Resorts, Wedding Venues: IN, Atlanta, NM, ME, Miami, Birthday, Chicago, VA, OR, Couples, NM, LA, Montauk, UT, AR, ID, OK, KS, East Coast, CA, IN, OR, WY, MD, GA water parks, From Dallas, Hilton Head, Boston, day trips from D.C., from Seattle, KS, OR, Missouri, TN, beaches in San Diego, Portland, Charlotte