Many people view their homes as reflections of their personalities, memories, and imagination. The furniture, décor, artwork, and other items we choose to fill out our homes can say a lot about us and bring us a lot of joy, peace, and comfort each day, and finding the perfect treasure for your home can be such a richly rewarding experience.
Unfortunately, in an age of big brands and mass produced products, finding those little treasures and one of a kind items can seem quite difficult at times, and the best solution is to seek out local makers, independent designers, and small creative brands to truly unique products, crafted with love and care. Clover Market is a great place to start.
Clover Market - Quality Crafts, Antiques, Art, and More in Philadelphia
Founded back in 2010 by Janet Gardner Long, Clover Market is the name given to a series of seasonal, limited-time, open-air markets all around the Philadelphia area. Inspired by originality and imagination, Clover Market aims to offer a platform for local and independent creators and makers, with each event featuring more than 100 vendors offering antiques, art, vintage items, handcrafted goods, clothing, and more. Here’s all you need to know:
- The Details - Clover Market runs seasonal market events with over 100 vendors each time. Around ten of these markets are held each year in various locations around PA and NJ in the Philadelphia area. These markets feature a huge range of products, including everything from antiques and architectural salvage to handamde crafts and apparel. The main aim of Clover Market is to provide a platform for local artisans and independent craft-makers to connect with their customers, and to give customers a chance to discover new brands and items.
- More Than Shopping - As well as featuring over 100 vendors at each event, Clover Market also invites food trucks and vendors into each market, serving up delicious snacks and drinks of all kinds for the shoppers. You'll also be able to enjoy free kids' activities, making Clover Market a great option for a family day out around Philadelphia, and live music performances from local and regional performers. Various non-profits, charitable organizations, animal rescues, and schools also sometimes appear and participate in these open air markets.
- Times - The Clover Market open air markets usually run from 10am through to 4pm, but the hours can vary depending on the event, so it's always wise to check all the details ahead of time. The markets are designed to run regardless of the weather, but will close down in extreme cases like storms or floods.
- Cost - One of the best things about Clover Market is that it's totally free for all to attend, so you can bring your friends and family and be guaranteed a great time, without having to spend a single cent getting in. These markets are pet-friendly too, so you can happily bring a four-legged friend along for the fun.
- Award Winning Excellence - For a simple indication of just how popular and successful Clover Market has been so far, we only need to look at the ever-growing list of awards these events have won. Clover Market has been ranked as the Best Outdoor Shopping Venue and Best Antiques and Vintage Goods by Main Line Today Magazine, as well as winning the title of Best Vintage Market and Reader's Favorite Pick by Flea Market Style Magazine.
Clover Market Locations
Clover Market is held in a series of different locations all around the Philadelphia area:
- Bryn Mawr, PA - The Bryn Mawr location of Clover Market is situated at N. Bryn Mawr Ave (between Morris Ave and W. Lancaster Ave).
- Chestnut Hill, PA - The Chestnut Hill market is located on the parking lot at 25 W. Highland Ave.
- Collingswood, NJ - The Collingswood Clover Market is situated along a stretch of the N. Atlantic Ave parking lot, as well as the parking lot of Kitchen & Assoc.
- Kennett Square, PA - This Clover Market location is at 600 S. Broad St.
- Getting There - The SEPTA Regional Rail will take you to the Bryn Mawr, Chestnut Hill, and Collingswood locations quite easily, but cars or taxis will need to be taken to the Kennett Square location.
- Other Events - Sometimes, Clover Market may operate at other locations. For the annual Holiday Market in December, for example, Clover Market can be found at the Baldwin School in Bryn Mawr, 701 W. Montgomery Ave, Bryn Mawr PA 19010. website