Cure is a hip, upscale neighborhood restaurant in Pittsburgh that offers a small menu featuring contemporary Mediterranean cuisine. The restaurant places a special emphasis on ingredients sourced from local farms, as the vision of Cure is to reflect the seasons in western Pennsylvania by showcasing its local farm produce in the menu.
In December 2011, award-winning Chef Justin Severino established Cure in the Lawrenceville neighborhood of Pittsburgh. In 2012, Cure was listed as one of the “Top 50 Best New Restaurants” by Bon Appétit magazine and as one of the “25 Best Restaurants” in Pittsburgh Magazine.
Chef Justin Severino
Justin Severino is the chef and co-owner of Cure as well as Morcilla, a Spanish-style charcuteria and traditional pintxos, which was opened in December 2015 a few blocks from Cure. Chef Severino is a skilled whole-animal butcher who has been James Beard Foundation award nominee for Best Chef Mid-Atlantic and in 2014 was the winner of Food & Wine - The People’s Best New Chef Mid-Atlantic in 2014.
Cure operates on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays from 5:00pm to 9:00pm, Fridays from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, Saturdays from 4:00pm to 10:00pm, and Sundays from 4:00pm to 9:00pm. The restaurant remains closed on Tuesdays.
· A La Carte Dinner - Daily selection of oysters from Island Creek Oyster Co., bread and “butter,” salumi, snacks, pasta, and entrees like Jurgielewicz Farm duck, Pork on Pork on Pork, veal cheeks, and N.Y. strip au poivre.
· Tasting Menus - A six-course tasting menu that consists of snacks, soup and salad, veal cheeks, bruleed Goat Rodeo Chèvre, black olive madeleine, olive oil ice cream, and beet pâté de fruit with an option of beverage pairing.
· Drinks - Cocktails, beers, wines, tequila, mezcal, gin, rum, brandy, whiskey, sherry, amaro, and liqueur.
· Wine List - Sparkling, rosé, whites, and reds.
· Coffee & Desserts - Coffees, after-dinner drinks, dessert-like dark chocolate soufflé cake, and crème fraiche panna cotta.
Cure's dine-in reservation feature is powered by the OpenTable online application available on the restaurant’s website. The online reservation accepts dine-in bookings for up to 4 guests, and parties larger than 4 guests must make reservation requests by calling the restaurant since parties larger than 4 are required to provide credit card details to make reservations.
Cure hosts community events at its venue and partners with farms in and around western Pennsylvania in order to celebrate food. A list of all the upcoming events can be found on the restaurant’s website and social media pages, while event tickets are offered for sale on the restaurant’s website.
Some of the main events hosted by Cure include the Curated Dinner Series, organized in collaboration with several guest chefs from other restaurants;
· Scott Vivian, Beast (Toronto, ON)
· Nate Middleton, Home Of The Brave (Toronto, ON)
· Rupert Blease, Lord Stanley (San Francisco, CA)
· Tarver King, The Restaurant At Patowmack Farm (Lovettsville, VA)
· Elliott Moss, Buxton Hall Barbeque (Asheville, NC)
· Greg Vernick, Vernick Food & Drink (Philadelphia, PA)
· George Sabatino, Aldine (Philadelphia, PA)
Cure, 5336 Butler St., Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15201, website, Phone: 412-252-2595
Back to: Pittsburgh, PA