The a.kitchen and a.bar are both modern American restaurants located in Rittenhouse Square, which is in the heart of Center City, Philadelphia. a.kitchen features the nature-inspired prominent flavors of natural hardwood charcoal and flaunts one of the most innovative wine and spirits programs in the United States. Under the leadership of Chef Eli Kulp and Ellen Yin, a.kitchen has been accredited by Wine Enthusiast as “One of America’s Best Wine Restaurants,” while Philadelphia Inquirer critic Craig LaBan has awarded Three Bells to a.kitchen.
Located on the very happening corner of 18th Street & Walnut Avenue, a.bar is just the right place to enjoy interesting views of bustling Rittenhouse Square. a.bar serves some fascinating house cocktails made from seasonal ingredients. The gastropub also offers a list of natural wines by the glass and perfectly paired bites from the bar's seafood-inspired menu that includes oysters, salads, snacks, sandwiches, and more.
· a.kitchen - The kitchen serves dinner Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 10:00pm, Fridays from 5:30pm to 11:00pm, Saturdays from 5:30pm to 11:00pm, and from 5:30pm to 9:30pm on Sunday. Lunch is served Monday through Friday from 11:30am to 2:30pm. Breakfast is from 7:00am to 11:00am Monday to Friday. Brunch is served on Saturdays and Sundays between 10:00am and 2:30pm. The bar operates from 11:00am till kitchen closing time.
· a.bar - The a.bar serves drinks and cocktails, Monday through Thursday from noon till 1:00am and on Fridays and Saturdays between noon and 2:00am. On Sundays the drinks are served from noon till 10:00pm.
Online reservations are powered by OpenTable.
· Brunch - brunch mains, high street pastries, sides, and beverages like counter culture coffees, Palais Des tea, and assorted juice
· Breakfast - breakfast mains, sides, and beverages
· Lunch - starters, sandwiches, and plates, the Rittenhouse Power Lunch, and featured white and red wine by the glass
· Dinner - The menu offers a list of starters, salads, and dinner mains. The dinner menu also offers a fixed price menu called the Kitchen Counter Menu, which is priced at $60 per person and offers a choice of 4 courses from a.kitchen's menu.
· Dessert - desserts, dessert cocktails, Cognac, Scotch, Chinato, Amari, sweet wines, and Port and Madeira
· Lunch - starters, sandwiches, plates, the Rittenhouse Power Lunch, and oyster happy hour
· Dinner - raw bar, snacks, dessert, plates, and oyster happy hour
· Drinks - Signature cocktails and natural wines
Wine Wednesday Cellar Raids
Wine Wednesday Cellar Raids is a discount sale that happens on the first Wednesday of every month from 5:00pm to 10:00pm, whereby a.kitchen offers all regular-sized wine bottles at 50% off.
a.kitchen offers a separate catering menu designed for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktail receptions.
1. a.bar, 1737 Walnut Street, NE Corner, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103, website, Phone: 215-825-7035
2. a.kitchen, 135 South 18th Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19103, website, Phone: 215-825-7030
Back to: Things to Do in Philadelphia, PA
More: Italian restaurants Pittsburgh, Indian restaurants Pittsburgh, wedding venues in Philadelphia, Philadelphia weather, Philadelphia to D.C., Philadelphia tours, weekend getaways from Philadelphia, breakfast Philadelphia, Drive-in theaters in Pennsylvania, Philadelphia hotels, Pennsylvania train trips, flea markets Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania wedding venues Amusement parks Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania mountains