Established in 2009 as a food truck, El Gallo Taqueria has expanded into a fully fledged restaurant offering authentic Mexican street food in Portland, Oregon. Using only the best ingredients from local sources, El Gallo Taqueria prides itself on offering food that is made from scratch. Diners will enjoy eating the El Gallo Taqueria food truck favorites as well as new menu items, all offered in a warm, inviting environment in SE Woodstock, Portland.
El Gallo Taqueria is open 5 days a week. Days and hours of operation are as follows:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 7:00pm
Sunday and Monday: CLOSED
The menu at El Gallo Taqueria is a combination of old food cart classics and new restaurant additions. Menu items such as the house salsas and sauces and tortillas are made from scratch daily. El Gallo Taqueria is proud to offer a menu that includes locally sourced seafood, fish, and fresh herbs and vegetables. The following are some of the available menu offerings:
· Street Tacos - These tacos are made from handmade tortillas served with onions, cilantro and a meat of choice such as chorizo, carnitas, pollo, and carne asada.
· Boulevard Tacos - These are handmade tacos available in different varieties such as vegan, fish, veggie, the Al Pastor, the Gringo and the Works.
· Burritos - Choose from several burritos such as classic, Super Burrito and Mexican black bird burrito. Choose from several meat/no meat options such as chorizo, carnitas, polio, carne asada, fish and vegetarian.
· Tostada - El Gallo Taqueria offers the Nevada Tostada, which features Native American fry bread with several toppings such as shredded cabbage, cilantro, pickled onions, salsa casera, cilantro, cotija cheese, citrus crema, and a meat of choice.
· Sides - An abundance of delicious sides are offered such as cactus slaw, rice, beans, avocado, citrus crema, house pickled veggies, fresh chips, and salsa casera as well as extra cheese and salsa.
· Kids’ Menu - Kids can enjoy a choice of bean and cheese burritos, bean and cheese tacos, and cheese quesadilla.
· Desserts - Several Mexican desserts are offered, such as tres leches, Mexican flan, and the delicious El Gallo Choco Taco as well as an assortment of other sweet treats.
· Drinks - El Gallo Taqueria offers a number of locally sourced beers and ciders on tap as well as can and bottled beers.
Sangria Saturdays - Indulge in a new flavored sangria each Saturday at El Gallo Taqueria’s Sangria Saturdays. The El Gallo Taqueria Facebook page provides updates on the type of sangria offered each weekend.
To-Go Ordering - EL Gallo Taqueria does offer to-go ordering when requested. Customers can call the restaurant directly at (503) 481-7537. Please note that while to-go orders are usually honored, during busy periods to-go ordering may be halted to focus on dine-in customers.
Local Purveyors - El Gallo Taqueria is proud to work with local companies that offer high-quality food products. Some of the local companies that El Gallo Taqueria supports include:
· Cascade Farms
· Greens Bridge Gardens
· Draper Valley Farms
· Carlton Farms
· Tillamook County Creamery Association
· Plants Beautiful
· Stiebs Farms
El Gallo Taqueria, 4422 SE Woodstock Blvd, Portland, OR 97206, website, Phone: 503-481-7537
(Last Updated on September 2, 2017)
More: Romantic weekend getaways in Oregon, Places to Visit in Oregon Best Things to Do in Oregon, Beaches in Oregon, Oregon lakes, Oregon amusement parks, Thorâ€™s Well, hikes in Oregon, Things to Do in Lincoln City, wedding venues Oregon, mountains in Oregon, Oregon vacation, Portland OR restaurants, Portland weather, wedding venues in Portland, dog-friendly bars in Portland, Portland hotels, Portland to Eugene, Italian restaurants Portland, sushi in Portland, Portland burgers, Drive-in theaters in Oregon, Oregon breweries, Portland OR breakfast