Paley’s Place Bistro & Bar was founded in 1995 by award-winning Chef Vitaly Paley and his wife Kimberly Paley. The fine diner is a Portland favorite that offers elegant New American fare in a sophisticated setting. Paley’s cuisine showcases locally sourced food produced with sustainable farming practices. The restaurant's dining spaces include a front porch, open-air patio, bar and bistro dining rooms, and a back room that can accommodate up to 22 guests and is ideal for private events.
The restaurant's online shop features a cookbook compiled by Vitaly Paley and Kimberly Paley in cooperation with Robert Reynolds. The online shop also features Paley's handmade fruit and nut bar, which is the first cheese condiment made by an award-winning chef; the bar uses all organic ingredients.
Weekend Getaways & Attractions near me: From NYC, Romantic Getaways, LA, Ohio, TX, PA, Florida, ME, SC, SF, Last Minute Travel, Places to Visit from San Diego, Romantic Weekend Getaways, Anniversary, Poconos, Sanibel Island
Awards and Accolades
Chef Vitaly Paley and his restaurant have been recognized and accredited with several awards from the James Beard Foundation, Food Network, Portland Monthly, Saveur, Food & Wine, Bon Appétit, Willamette Week, and The Oregonian.
Paley's operates 7 days a week Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 10:00pm. On Fridays and Saturdays the restaurant is open from 5:00pm to 11:00pm and on Sundays it is open from 5:00pm to 10:00pm.
Paley's happy hour is every night of the week, Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 6:30pm and from Friday to Sunday between 5:00pm and 6:30pm.
Spring 2017 Dinner Menu
· Raw - American wagyu beef tartare and chilled oysters on the half shell
· Vegetables - soup of the day, George’s Gathered Greens, spicy greens salad, Israeli couscous, braised greens, sautéed snap peas, pommes frites, and kale and cauliflower salad available in servings of half and full
· Dumplings - ushki, kolbasa pierogi, nudli, and nettle and sheep cheese pelmeni
· Meat & Seafood - half and full servingsof seared foie gras, crispy sweetbreads, escargot à la bordelaise, ocean trout à la plancha, seared wagyu beef coulotte, seared Alaskan halibut, and grilled pork chop
· House Charcuterie - Canadian bacon, chicken liver pâté, liverwurst, prosciutto, La Quercia, and pork and pistachio terrine
· Tasting Menus - available in five courses, seven courses, and wine pairings
· Desserts – Features digestifs, dessert wines, assorted desserts, and Friday specials like traditional hand-stretched cheese strudel and signature pastry by Chef Lisa Horness. The menu also offers cheeses made of sheep, goat, and cow milk.
· Wine & Cocktails - Wines from around the world offered by the glass as well as Champagne. The cocktails menu offers signature cocktails, bottled beers, and non-alcoholic cocktails.
Paley's organizes Wine Wednesdays, an informal wine tasting that serves a choice of three individually priced flights and a complimentary mystery wine along with special offerings from the kitchen that pair well with the wines.
The restaurant welcomes walk-in guests and also accepts dine-in reservations made directly with the restaurant over the phone.
Paley’s online store offers Paley’s gift certificates, The Paley's Place Cookbook, and Paley's handmade fruit and nut bar as well as other Paley’s bars like the Liquid Sunshine, FruityNut Evolution, and Mixed Box.
Paley's Place, 1204 Northwest 21st Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97209, website, Phone: 503-243-2403