Arguably the most famous music festival of all time, 1969's Woodstock helped to put the small New York town of Bethel on the map. Now, years later, many people still visit the site of the incredible festival, remembering the amazing performances that were enjoyed by an audience of almost half a million, back in August of '69 at Max Yasgur's 600 acre dairy farm. Any and all visitors to Bethel should be sure to check out one of the area’s best restaurants: The Dancing Cat Saloon.
Visiting The Dancing Cat Saloon
The Dancing Cat Saloon offers fine dining, quality spirits, exciting live music and events, and a warm, welcoming atmosphere. In short, it's the perfect place to eat, drink, and be happy, and it's ranked as one of the best restaurants in Bethel, NY and the surrounding area too. Plus, there’s a gallery and distillery right at the same location for you to enjoy. Here's all you need to know about visiting:
- Location - The Dancing Cat Saloon is situated at 2037 St Rt 17B, Bethel, NY 12720. Contact - To get in touch with The Dancing Cat Saloon, you can call 845 583 3141 or email info@DancingCatSaloon.com.
- Getting There - Accessing The Dancing Cat Saloon is relatively easy. The only thing you really need to do is find the State Route 17B, either from Route 17 in Monticello or Route 97 in Callicoon, then simply follow it to The Dancing Cat Saloon. You can make use of map apps and more to reach the restaurant without any worries.
- Opening Hours - The Dancing Cat Saloon is open every day of the week, except Wednesdays, but opening times vary from day to day. The Dancing Cat Saloon is open from 6pm to 10pm on Thursdays and Fridays, from noon to 10pm on Saturdays, Mondays, and Tuesdays, and from noon to 7pm on Sundays.
- Overview - The Dancing Cat Saloon is located a mere 1,000 feet away from the original Woodstock Festival site. An inviting and friendly restaurant serving up casual food, elegantly presented and beautifully prepared, The Dancing Cat Saloon is both dog-friendly and family-friendly, so you can bring Fido and the kids along, sure to be greeted warmly and able to enjoy a super meal you won't soon forget. The venue has free Wi-Fi and provides both indoor and outdoor seating. Various live jazz and other music events are held at weekends, with other events organized throughout the year too, so there's always something to look forward to at The Dancing Cat Saloon, which serves both lunch and dinner.
- The Menu - The Dancing Cat Saloon aims to offer a great range of classic American fare, the sort of food you'd expect to find in a top quality, family restaurant. You'll find simple classics like fried chicken, ribs, sandwiches, wings, fries, and pastas, as well as a super selection of healthy green salads and more. Sweet treats like chocolate fudge cake and key lime pie round off the menu perfectly, and the house specialty rainbow trout, served alongside sautéed greens and seasonal veggies, is always a winner. No matter what you choose at The Dancing Cat Saloon, you’ll find top quality ingredients, good cooking, and friendly service waiting to greet you, each and every time, and many people insist on returning to this NY restaurant time and time again.
- The Stay Cat Gallery - The Dancing Cat Saloon is also home to the Stray Cat Gallery, a charming art gallery, shining the spotlight on works from a range of artists. Works can be found both inside and outside the gallery, which is housed in a building believed to be the first house ever built in Bethel. Photographs from the Woodstock era and various sculptures can be seen here, and you can also meet up with the eponymous stray cats: Tom Cat and Sweetie Pie, who can often be seen roaming around the gallery. The Stray Cat Gallery is open everyday from 10am to 5pm.
- Catskill Distilling Company - Visitors to The Dancing Cat Saloon might also consider stopping off for a distillery tour at the Catskill Distilling Company, located right beside the restaurant and gallery. This is where some of the fine spirits served in The Dancing Cat Saloon are made, with the Catskill Distilling Company creating some of the best New York Bourbon around. The distillery is open every day, apart from Tuesdays, from noon to 5pm, offering tours and tasting sessions. website