The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is a summer/fall market-based in Saratoga Springs, NY. Established in 1978, the Farmers’ Market offers a variety of bounty at a twice-weekly summer/fall market in Saratoga’s High Rock Park between the months of May and October and inside the Lincoln Baths building at Saratoga Spa State Park from November to April. From its humble beginnings in a car parking lot in Saratoga Springs, the market has grown in leaps and bounds to the two venues it calls home today, as well as two new sites in Malta and Clifton Park.
The Saratoga Farmers’ Market is managed by the Saratoga Farmers’ Market Association, which runs local “producer-only” markets that require vendors to grow or produce their goods in Saratoga, Rensselaer, Schenectady, or Washington counties. The Association’s standards also require products to be fresh and unique and not purchased for resale to provide economic, ecological, and social support to local communities.
2.Goods and Produce
3.Education and Events
Saratoga Farmers’ Market in Saratoga Springs, NY
- History, Photo: Courtesy of monticellllo - Fotolia.com
- Goods and Produce, Photo: Courtesy of beerfan - Fotolia.com
- Education and Events, Photo: Courtesy of bit24 - Fotolia.com
- Visitor Information, Photo: Courtesy of Pixelot - Fotolia.com
- Cover Photo: Courtesy of monticellllo - Fotolia.com